symmetrical logos

max

discount words in football crests, baseball logos, and all others...

my favs

tulsa oilers oil drop 'T'

red bull new york crashing bulls

fresno grizzlies 'FG' logo (yeah, it's a stretch)

the new augusta greenjackets logo

the chihuahua dorados logo would look so much nicer if it was just rotated toward the viewer

too lazy to post the images, please don't follow my lead.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochester Rectangles.

How can you possibly compare that to the Dayton Triangles.

Actually, they may really have had a symmetrical logo, but they're a little before my time. <_<

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's weird: I usually have a mania for symmetry. I mean, it took like 20 years to stop having seizures at the sight of the Millennium Falcon. But with team logos, I find I usually prefer a high degree of asymmetry. That Greenjackets logo really bugs me. In part it's the literalist in me coming out -- who carries one bat on each shoulder? -- but mainly it just crosses my irrational too-much-symmetry line. Which only exists for me with sports logos: In all other areas of life, there is no such thing as too symmetrical for me.

20082614447.png

discount words in football crests, baseball logos, and all others...

my favs

the new augusta greenjackets logo

I love that logo and their stadium.

081ccb129c954969e6696f850952aaa5.300.jpg

I know the Masters is in Augusta, and they award their winners with green jackets, but...

...is this thing for a baseball squad, hockey squad, or a golf squad?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I take it that was a rhetorical question, but it is for a minor league baseball team in the Red Sox organization- and yes, the name is from the Green Jacket awarded at The Masters. I think it is a rather unique mascot and cool play on words...

Augusta Green Jackets are a class-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants and play in the South Atlantic League.

I didn't realize they are with the Giants now, I had thought it was still the Red Sox. I remember when they used to be with the Pirates and were even called the Augusta Pirates.

Houston Oilers Oil-Derrick Logo

Hands Down.

Yup.

HOU-O_581.gif

Game over.

This begs for us to start a thread about the best simplest logos in sports history. I think this one would easily be top 5 in my book....right behind my beloved Bears 'C' of course ;)

Archived