Boston Bruins Rebranding

GFB

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for all the C&C.

For all of you wondering why there is a lack of brown in the uniforms is that a Brown/Black color scheme simply does not work. Brown/Black is very similar to Navy/Black, there isn't enough difference between the colors. Sure there are some exceptions (the Blue Jackets Alt. comes to mind), but generally it is very tough to pull off. If you don't perfect it right, the brown ends up mudding up the black, and vise versa.

The brown highlights in the circle B look alot better on the jerseys than on the logo sheet.

And lastly, I label my logos in that order because if you were to buy a Boston Bruins t-shirt with this redesign, 80% of the time that is the logo you would see on it. So even though it is used only once on the uniforms, it would be seen alot more around the stadium, teams stores, websites, etc....

Keep the C&C coming,

GFB

This is fantastic. I love the uniforms and the new bear head. With all the gloom and doom about the new Reebok uniforms, I would be more than pleased if Reebok do as good a job (although I am not holding my breath).

I am not sold on the wordmark. I hate the fact seriffs are a part of every teams' new identity. The NFL has run amok with it. Plus, this Bruins word mark looks too much like the wordmark in your Islanders concept. A template uniform is bad enough, but a template wordmark would be silly.

Good choice of staying with the spoked B. I think the brown in there is a unique touch and is not something you should abandon completely. I don't like the seriff on the spoked B. The wheel and the spokes are such a symetrically design that the seriff B looks out of place.

I looked at the Ilses and the bruins ones closer and the style is very much the same. I think if you made the wordmarks more different then perhaps that would make them more different. Perhaps you could use a different font or a different style for the wordmark. on the Ilses one or the Bruins one. As for the jerseys...they couldn't be any better.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I looked at the Ilses and the bruins ones closer and the style is very much the same. I think if you made the wordmarks more different then perhaps that would make them more different. Perhaps you could use a different font or a different style for the wordmark. on the Ilses one or the Bruins one. As for the jerseys...they couldn't be any better.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

What is funny is that I did the Islanders concept first, then I did a few other concepts and teams, then I did the Bruins. I didn't even think about it, but when I post them back to back like that, it feels that way. Actually the two fonts I started out with look nothing alike. I rounded the Islanders one off, but sharpened the Bruins. It's amazing they look that similar to eachother. Trust me, all the wordmarks in this series will not look like that....

I don't think the wordmark look too similar, I think it is just the way they are both outlined. The fonts, like you said, don't really look alike at all. The concept looks great. I am not usually into the hockey concepts on here, but these have gotten my interest. I especially like that bear logo. I will definitely be watching for every update and new concept.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I don't think the wordmark look too similar, I think it is just the way they are both outlined.

That is what I was getting at. I am sorry if I was unclear.

You have the city name, with an outline that has points extending from the top corners, over the team name, with an outline that has points extending out of the top corners.

This looks very cool, I like it a lot.

The bear head is awesome....it beats the hell out of the old one obviously, and it looks great with the wordmark as well.

I would say however, that maybe you should try to avoid using the pointy-edged font like you did in the Islanders logo, because the last thing you want is to become repetitive. I do like the use of this font for the Bruins one though, dont get me wrong.

The B wheel logo is much improved too, and I agree that the brown adds a certain 'depth' to the logo.

Superb work!

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Bravo. One thing you must do though is use yellow socks for your black jersey, it's complete tradition that will likely not go away. Also on your roadie, i think it might look better if the black and yellow were switched, but it looks fine the way it is now. I look forward to your Sens concept. ^_^

espnsignq8.png

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I think you found something for the B's better the spoked wheel crest. Your bear is so good it's just not fair.

That said, my biggest complaint is the relative lack of brown in the concept. I know what you mean about black and brown not going well together, and I could not agree more. However, the addition of brown into the spoked B is prominent enough that the uniform looks like it could use a little bit of brown.

Fortunately, I think there is an easy solution that would work all the way across this concept. By virtue of their name, bruins are always brown (any elementary French teacher can tell you why). So I've never quite understood how a team that should wear brown somehow wound up with black instead. And as much as the Bruins' black and gold look is timeless and iconic, brown is really a more fitting option. So why not two-tone the brown, and get rid of black entirely? Make a brown that is dark enough to serve in place of black - not so light that it's the milk chocolate color in your concept alt, because that isn't dark enough to replace black. Maybe somewhere between the milk chocolate color and black. Just brown enough to know that it isn't black - about as brown as the Yankees' midnight blue is blue and not black.

Then, use the milk chocolate brown (or go a little lighter if you wanted to sharpen the contrast between the two browns) for the bear, and for the shadowing effects in the spoked B. The brown would be dark enough that you could go with white or gold numbers and trim effects, and it would all work fine.

Beyond that, this is another ridiculously strong concept. I am really liking this whole project, and look forward to all the rest! Bravo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the gold and brown alt fits perfectly with this set. brown just seems like a timeless color to me in hockey jerseys. this set is awesome, the wordmark is a bit pointy like the Isles one, but thats just a minor gripe.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I really love this series and where it is going concering RBK and the edge jerseys. I would love to see the your senators, preditors, sharks and lightning ones because if feel that they are not as traditional and they will be better and more orginal. Any word on what your doing next?

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I think you found something for the B's better the spoked wheel crest. Your bear is so good it's just not fair.

That said, my biggest complaint is the relative lack of brown in the concept. I know what you mean about black and brown not going well together, and I could not agree more. However, the addition of brown into the spoked B is prominent enough that the uniform looks like it could use a little bit of brown.

Fortunately, I think there is an easy solution that would work all the way across this concept. By virtue of their name, bruins are always brown (any elementary French teacher can tell you why). So I've never quite understood how a team that should wear brown somehow wound up with black instead. And as much as the Bruins' black and gold look is timeless and iconic, brown is really a more fitting option. So why not two-tone the brown, and get rid of black entirely? Make a brown that is dark enough to serve in place of black - not so light that it's the milk chocolate color in your concept alt, because that isn't dark enough to replace black. Maybe somewhere between the milk chocolate color and black. Just brown enough to know that it isn't black - about as brown as the Yankees' midnight blue is blue and not black.

Then, use the milk chocolate brown (or go a little lighter if you wanted to sharpen the contrast between the two browns) for the bear, and for the shadowing effects in the spoked B. The brown would be dark enough that you could go with white or gold numbers and trim effects, and it would all work fine.

Beyond that, this is another ridiculously strong concept. I am really liking this whole project, and look forward to all the rest! Bravo.

Pretty much took the words right off my fingertips.

I will add this, though: that bear, awesome as it is, just seems a tadbit at a weird angle. Maybe it's the top plane of the head that looks like it's not exactly parallel to the horizontal axis of the wordmark...but still an absolutely AMAZING BEAR NONETHELESS.

I think a two-tome brown would work, too...a dreally dark, Milky Way-type brown, like D said (somewhere in the neighborhood of PMS 469 or 504), complement that with the current yellow, and accent it with a taupe or something along that line, which is pretty much what you have now, and then BAM!

You, my friend, have stumbled onto something big. (And, as has been the case seemingly of late, don't be surprised to see your creative genius here spawn a bunch of collow-up, or even copycat, Bruins concepts using the same color schemes and such...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived