Coca Cola label redesign

elliott

I've never done anything really like this before, but I sortof updated and redesigned the coke labels. I kept the same striping because I love that.

The classic is basically the same.

The diet coke is close to the same, with more red and black replacing all of the white.

The zero has more of an emphasis on white and black instead of black and red, I like the way this one looks.

The cherry has a new 'cherry' script and maroon, with emphasis on maroon and black contrasting because of the way cherrys actually look.

I hope you like them, c+c appreciated. :D

cocacola.gif

Are the overlapping lines between the "l" in Cola or "k" in Coke and the loop supposed to show like that?

The outlines on the scripted words make them more difficult to read. Drop those and fix the overlapping lines and I think you might just have something.

Oh yeah and the cherry thing which has been mentioned already. It's just awkward there.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I think the Cherry Coke one would work better if the cherry was the "o" in "Coke".

Yes, that is what I first thought to myself when I say this.

Well here's some C&C

Coca-Cola Classic- The overlapping of the lines between the loop of the 'L' look really funny to me. You should shade those in white and just outline the outside part of it. The black outline looks a little pixelized to me and I'm not sure if I'm too hot on the black line all together.

Diet Coke- Same deal with the overlapping lines (maybe they were intentional, maybe not, but either way, it just looks a little odd. This one is probably my favorite of the four. My only suggestion would be to make the black and red lines come in to more of a point. The tip looks too rounded to me.

Coca-Cola Zero- Again the lines. This one has potential too. IMO, i think you should keep the "Coca-Cola" single outlined in red, I'd get ride of the white outline.

Cherry Coke- Still... the lines. I really do like this one though, but as mentioned the cherry does look out of place between the 'c' and 'h'. Maybe make the 'o' in "Coke" the cherry part. Also, I'd play around with the black and white lines, maybe have the white line be the outside line, and the black in the middle. The outline on "Coke" does look a little thick to me also.

But I think these have great potential. Keep working at it!

how the hell can you have Diet Coke Zero? lol is that like negative calories?

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are both 0 calories sodas...except Coke Zero is based on the actual Coca Cola formula and Diet Coke is actually a completely different formula.

I like the design of the Diet Coke Zero, but does such a soda even exist?

As for the Black Cherry Vanilla one, i think the main color should be closer to maroon/dark red-- the color of a black cherry. If you do that then I think you could write 'Black Cherry Vanilla ' in white.

You are aware that the correct name is Coca-Cola, with the hyphen? It's not 1 word, CocaCola.

The cherry in Cherry Coke is misused. It looks like a last-minute addition that contributes nothing to the design.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You are aware that the correct name is Coca-Cola, with the hyphen? It's not 1 word, CocaCola.

Besides the fact that there should be a hyphen between the words "Coca" and "Cola", the letter "C" in the word "Coca" is wrong. That "C" should have a tail extending below the word "Coca". Instead, you have used the design of the letter "C" from the word "Cola". See graphic here:

Coca-Cola Classic Logo

And with respect to the word "Coke" in the Spencerian script, I prefer the form used for Vanilla Coke in its initial run from 2002 - 2006, as shown here:

Vanilla Coke

I'm still a bit confused as I thought this part of the board was for sports concepts... I could be wrong. I think this might be better in the general design portion, but again I could be wrong. As far as concepts go... changing the Coke label to these would be like changing the Montreal Canadians logo and unis (which we hope don't happen) or the New York Yankees, to get people on board you have to be really creative and do something kind of out of left field that works. To tweak something with a different font, it just doesn't work.

Archived