Oh No!

random_ax

This may sound sacreligious to some, but here's what I'd like to see:

The Cleveland Browns add a plain, brown wishbone C.

The Chicago Bears add the Bear in their helmets' wishbone C to differentiate from Cleveland and because that Bear in the C looks great.

Gawd no. The Bears have probably the BEST helmet in the NFL. NO BEAR!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chicago Bears add the Bear in their helmets' wishbone C to differentiate from Cleveland and because that Bear in the C looks great.

Gawd no. The Bears have probably the BEST helmet in the NFL. NO BEAR!

Oh please, I'm a lifelong resident of Chicago and I think the Bears have the worst helmet in the NFL, BAR NONE!!!

Some teams like the Packers , Steelrs and Giants don't have much choice when it comes to a helmet logo but the Bears have this magnificent logo of a growling bear that has adorned game programs and merchandise for at least 50 years and they don't even feature it on their uniforms let alone their helmet. OK, it's traditional and Halas designed it but it's a C, people. Because way back when , that was all they could do.

Again, I'm not looking for some brand new graphic. The one the Bears already put on then majority of their t-shirts and caps is fine with me.

I appreciate tradition. I'm 51 so I've been around a long time as a Bear/pro football fan. But the C is obsolete...it's time for the Bear. As for the Browns, keep the helmet orange. Maybe the elf can go on the shoulder patch.

Ask yourself this... and this is really what it comes down to, friends, if the Bears were a brand new franchise just entering the league in 2007.... which logo do you think they would choose for their helmet in this day and age?

ChicagoBears_100.png

or this one

chicago_bears_logo_175.jpg

41ok3bUfIhL._AA280_.jpg

You mean something like this?

I always liked the bear inside the wishbone C that the Bears used to use. but it was a different bear than the standalone one there, I think it was white and blue.

I just checked the site on that one - I didn't realize that the current orange/blue 'standalone' bear was different from the old one. The timeline there has '63-92 for the original bear, then 92-98 for the bear in the wishbone, and 99-present for the bear posted above. I always thought the wishbone bear and the orange bear coexisted - I must have been confused during the transition around 1992.

well with the way they play they might was well stick the bulldog logo on the helmet until they earn the right to have the logoless helmet again. if your going to play like :censored:, might as well look like :censored:. if you play good, then you can look good.

Fair enough, compromise? :grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Speaking of Brownie the Pixie, I thought a while back I heard something about them redoing a retro/modern version of him for a new marketing capaigne. Does anyone know if this is (or was) going to happen or was it just internet crap?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Gotta love the description on that eBay auction:

"WHETHER YOU USE IT OR JUST TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION IT IS A MUST."

I'd love to know who (other than possibly the elf depicted in the logo) is purchasing a mini-helmet with the intent to "use" it.

The smaller size of mini-helmet is 1:6 scale -- perfect for GI Joe. Or Barbie. Not that one would ever put a mini-helmet on his sister's favorite Barbie and throw it out the attic window for a crash test or anything.

20082614447.png

Honestly, it would be like the Eagles scrapping the wings for a giant "700" to honor the :censored:s who sat in the upper deck at the Vet and gave all Philadelphians a bad name.

:mad:

Oh, there there, Andy. Why the pout face?

If you sat in the 700 level but weren't one of the :censored:s who gave us all a bad name, then I wasn't talking about you (make that us; my first 3 games were in the end zone of the 700 level). And if you were one of the flare gun totin' miscreants who peed on other people's legs in line for the urinals, the you're probably proud of the reputation you crafted. Either way, there's nothing to pout about - we're all guilty by association 'round here...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Honestly, it would be like the Eagles scrapping the wings for a giant "700" to honor the :censored:s who sat in the upper deck at the Vet and gave all Philadelphians a bad name.

If you sat in the 700 level but weren't one of the :censored:s who gave us all a bad name, then I wasn't talking about you (make that us; my first 3 games were in the end zone of the 700 level). And if you were one of the flare gun totin' miscreants who peed on other people's legs in line for the urinals, the you're probably proud of the reputation you crafted. Either way, there's nothing to pout about - we're all guilty by association 'round here...

Yeah. I mean, besides... think how many babies were concieved up there. :-)

philly.png

Yeah. I mean, besides... think how many babies were concieved up there. :-)

Ah, yes... how I miss the days of procreating with a toothless drunk girl from Kensington after pulling her out of a full-scale brawl instead of watching the game that I came to see. *SIGH*...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ask yourself this... and this is really what it comes down to, friends, if the Bears were a brand new franchise just entering the league in 2007.... which logo do you think they would choose for their helmet in this day and age?

Given the rather even state of team design these days, I'm not sure that's really a standard you want to apply to your team.

I like the logo-less helmet.

But with so many closeup camera shots during NFL games (especially in HD), the Browns could get a lot of marketing value out of a tiny elf, fleur-de-lis, striped football with a B, or that CB logo if it was relegated to the back of the helmet off to one side, where a team might put a memorial sticker.

I was getting a kick out of this thread up until this post.

Lets not get frisky here cowboy...the Bears helmets aren't a changin'. PERIOD. B)

Lets not get frisky here cowboy...the Bears helmets aren't a changin'. PERIOD. B)

Likewise, the Browns helmet isnt changing, PERIOD! The plain orange helmet is as tradition rich as any logo or uniform in sports. The city, fans and paying customer would not stand for anything other than the traditional, plain orange helmet with the familier brown-white-brown striping pattern.

Will not change, ever. Ever.

Given the rather even state of team design these days, I'm not sure that's really a standard you want to apply to your team.

I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

He's saying that modern logo design has become stagnate, predictable, and uninspired. So you wouldn't want the Bears to trade in their classic "C" for something that would look like it was designed today.

Lets not get frisky here cowboy...the Bears helmets aren't a changin'. PERIOD.

Likewise, the Browns helmet isnt changing, PERIOD! The plain orange helmet is as tradition rich as any logo or uniform in sports. The city, fans and paying customer would not stand for anything other than the traditional, plain orange helmet with the familier brown-white-brown striping pattern.

Will not change, ever. Ever.

Oh, I know they won't change. At least not in the near future. Never say never, but don't bet the farm on either team changing.

But there was that brownie logo on the Browns helmet, and my comments were in response to that.

Archived