Oh No!

random_ax

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it as much as the plain helmets, but I like it infinitely better than that :censored:ing dog every non-thinker insists on slapping on the Browns' uniforms, as though it's considered normal practice for a team to wear a logo honoring a small subsection of its fan base. :cursing:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

There's nothing about this on the Brown's official site, so this is probably just an unofficial mock-up.

I could see the Browns adopting the elf as their official logo (mid field, letterheads, hats, shirts, TV graphics, etc...) but I doubt they would ever put it on their helmet.

Besides, if any logo deserves to be put on the Browns' helmet it's this one:

Cleveland_Browns_B_logo.png

2f1hi6.jpg
There's nothing about this on the Brown's official site, so this is probably just an unofficial mock-up.

eBay CLEVELAND BROWNS BROWNIE ELF MINI-HELMET NEW ITEM (item 170030102239 end time Jun-13-07 070748 PDT)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Why? Because they play in Bleveland, Bohio? Monograms work better if they use the city's initial, not the team's. I'd rather they stick with nothing than force a substandard generic football onto the helmet just to say they did. The =B= is barely a step above the :censored:ing dog, and it's still 3 or 4 steps behind Brownie, which is miles beneath just leaving :censored: alone. The Browns don't have a logo that deserves to go anywhere near their helmets. Plain works.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Gotta love the description on that eBay auction:

"WHETHER YOU USE IT OR JUST TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION IT IS A MUST."

I'd love to know who (other than possibly the elf depicted in the logo) is purchasing a mini-helmet with the intent to "use" it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love to know who (other than possibly the elf depicted in the logo) is purchasing a mini-helmet with the intent to "use" it.

Well it's not for me, but kitty needs a crash helmet. If I can find a small enough screwdriver to get that durn facemask off, all systems are go for the Kitty Kannon.

:unsure:

*runs away*

2007nleastchamps.png

I don't like it as much as the plain helmets, but I like it infinitely better than that :censored:ing dog every non-thinker insists on slapping on the Browns' uniforms, as though it's considered normal practice for a team to wear a logo honoring a small subsection of its fan base. :cursing:

Hey - let's not rag on that logo too much!...it was designed by Todd Radom, and is a portrait of his own bulldog Lucille.

Although, that logo has been delegated to only appear on women's merchandise these days.

Why? Because they play in Bleveland, Bohio? Monograms work better if they use the city's initial, not the team's. I'd rather they stick with nothing than force a substandard generic football onto the helmet just to say they did. The =B= is barely a step above the :censored:ing dog, and it's still 3 or 4 steps behind Brownie, which is miles beneath just leaving :censored: alone. The Browns don't have a logo that deserves to go anywhere near their helmets. Plain works.

Yeah, the "B" is the logo's one major drawback.

What about this?

NFLlogoCB.png

To add to the discussion:

ClevelandBrownsunusedhelmets.png

Well it's not for me, but kitty needs a crash helmet. If I can find a small enough screwdriver to get that durn facemask off, all systems are go for the Kitty Kannon.

:unsure:

*runs away*

Thank God you're a man of science!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I couldn't agree more.

The decal is so far off center that it's ridiculous but otherwise if they have to add something to the helmet that wouldn't be the worst choice. I agree let's leave the dawgs out of the conversation for Browns logos. The uneducated and moronic fans of The Browns are already well represented with their own section of a stadium. That's more than enough. There's no reason to encourage them with a "dawg" logo.

BB52Big.jpg

2f1hi6.jpg

eBay CLEVELAND BROWNS BROWNIE ELF MINI-HELMET NEW ITEM (item 170030102239 end time Jun-13-07 070748 PDT)

Actually, I was just having fun. I've always liked the Brownie but could understand that a 350 lbs lineman wouldn't want a pixie on his helmet. Yes, it's a mini-helmet special. But I wouldn't mind seeing the brownie as a shoulder patch since it is steeped in tradition.

Hey - let's not rag on that logo too much!...it was designed by Todd Radom, and is a portrait of his own bulldog Lucille.

Although, that logo has been delegated to only appear on women's merchandise these days.

There is probably a really clever joke somewhere in there about a female bulldog and women's merchandise, but I'll pass out of deep respect for Mr. Radom's work.

(Seriously, I love his work.)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2f1hi6.jpg

Actually, I was just having fun. I've always liked the Brownie but could understand that a 350 lbs lineman wouldn't want a pixie on his helmet. Yes, it's a mini-helmet special. But I wouldn't mind seeing the brownie as a shoulder patch since it is steeped in tradition.

Meh. This is a case of "hate the sin, love the sinner". The very existence of the Dawg logo is the problem, not the creator nor its aesthetic merits. If I asked Todd Radom to draw a logo based on a pile of my excreta, I'm sure he could make it look spectacular. But it'd still be a bad idea to do it in the first place.

For the umpteenth time: it's a representation of a subsection of the team's fan base. It does not represent the team, nor the city it plays in. Were there no team, this lunatic fringe that comprises the people being represented would not exist. To make a graphic representation of that subsegment of the team's fan base is bad enough; to think it a good idea to use said logo as a means of representing the team for which this subsection of the fan base at large roots for smacks of a total lack of reason. The team is not the Dawgs, the Dawg Pound, or anything related to canines. They are the Cleveland Browns; if you simply MUST have some kind of symbol (and the plain orange/brown/white helmet doesn't cut it for you), they have had Brownie the Elf for decades.

Honestly, it would be like the Eagles scrapping the wings for a giant "700" to honor the :censored:s who sat in the upper deck at the Vet and gave all Philadelphians a bad name. Or the Raiders ditching their iconic shield for a black hole. Or the Redskins sporting fat guys in dresses and pig snouts on their helmets instead of the Indian. You get my drift by now.

Todd's a wonderful artist, but he created an insignia that has no place anywhere near the team's gear.

2007nleastchamps.png

Honestly, it would be like the Eagles scrapping the wings for a giant "700" to honor the :censored:s who sat in the upper deck at the Vet and gave all Philadelphians a bad name.

:mad:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This may sound sacreligious to some, but here's what I'd like to see:

The Cleveland Browns add a plain, brown wishbone C.

The Chicago Bears add the Bear in their helmets' wishbone C to differentiate from Cleveland and because that Bear in the C looks great.

Archived