Anybody ever make one of their concepts...

Eye

Hey, I was thinking that perhaps someday I would like to make one of my concepts into a jersey that I could wear. Whether that be Hip Hop Hockey, one of my actual NHL or MLB concepts or whatever, I was wondering how you go about doing it. If I recall, Discrimihater had a couple of his creations come to life (help me out to confirm this 'Scrim :D . Callin' 'Scrim, callin' 'Scrim.) I was just curious as to how this could happen. Any insight would be appreciated.

-E.A.R.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*picks up cell*

I know spyboy's had three jerseys made that were originally concepts:

-Senators barberpole w/white numberplate on back, #7, 1900s Stanley Cup patch under neck

-Senators barberpole w/white numberplate, Daniel Alfredsson #11, flat Senator crest, flying S on each shoulder

-Whalers green w/90s crest, Ron Francis #10, Pucky the whale shoulder crests

IIRC he'd gotten the crests off ebay and then got blanks from Icejerseys.com or somewhere, then sent em off to EPS.

and yeah, the last few years I've been getting the hang of making my own jerseys...basically, I get the material myself, grab some photofabric, get thread if I need particular colors, do measurements and fire up the sewing machine.

I had an epiphany about how to go about collars a few weeks ago (that's where I always had trouble), and I tried it out with an Alabama jersey I've been planning in my head for months. That jersey's done, but I aint posting it til I redo the numbers, cus I had the ink setting too high, and the crimson was too dark. Adding to that, the ink ran horribly, so the torso numbers' outline and TV numbers look partly pink...hence, I gotta strip the whole thing. Sucks, cus that's one of the best ideas I ever had...houndstooth torso, crimson sleeves.

Eh well, I gotta move on for now. I started cutting for a Port Adelaide Power jumper today, and I got a good feelin about this one. A list of what I've made:

-Fremantle Dockers fantasy, white w/purple stripe (I didn't use photofabric, so the ink for the docker started running the minute I started drinkin my 7up...I no longer have that one on me)

-Fremantle Dockers fantasy, green/purple w/white stripe, same design: the back hem looks like crap, the number has the wrong color outline cus I wasn't paying attention...the collar sucks ass, and it frays like crazy. (believe it or not, I still have it on me, but I've only worn it out once or twice)

-Western Australia 1998 State of Origin reproduction-black w/gold W swan on front...if not for me stupidly putting some of that no-fray :censored: on the cresting, I'd still be wearing that one. Eh well, it'll be easy to remake, I don't need anything but black.

-Vero Beach Dodgers concept: alt yellow w/blue-green-blue placket...lettering trimmed in white and green, all of it blue except, of course, the red front number...I'd intended to have numbers on both sleeves, but only have them on one, with the other a VB...the grapefruit adorns both sleeves, over number/VB. I used my last name over #95...and I have a laundry list of things wrong with this one-the collar is way too big, and the jersey itself is way too tight cus I screwed up on measurements. About the only positive is I prevented fraying.

-San Diego Padres digital camouflage, Greg Maddux #30: about the only thing my camo has in common with the real camouflage jersey is that it's camouflage. And actually, that's the way I wanted it.

-Alabama Crimson Tide houndstooth-Derrick Thomas #55, current elephant head over seam between sleeve and yoke, a la Cowboys doublestars. already mentioned how I need to strip it next week.

-upcoming: Port Adelaide Power-gray version of black concept done a few months ago...this one's gonna be the :censored:.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I made a throwback of my Dad's High School Football jersey (basically a maroon version of the Colts) and I'm in the process of making sweatshirts for a team reunion they're doing.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I made a throwback of my Dad's High School tootball jersey (basically a maroon version of the Colts) and I'm in the process of making sweatshirts for a team reunion they're doing.

Tootball.

Tee-hee!

(I'm sorry... typo humor. But it's a great typo.)

I am currently in the process of getting these made

fan%20van.jpg

At the moment I am trying to sell around 5 or 6, because the manufaturer I am trying to use will not do "one offs" and I have to purchase 12 at a time. If your interested let me know!!

I've made a ton of them.

BASKETBALL:

Sixers blue alternate with "76ERS" wordmark

BASEBALL:

Brewers road with the shoulder patch "Milwaukee" wordmark

SOCCER:

USA half blue/half striped (first seen on a Bring Back the New York Cosmos website)

HOCKEY:

USA based on the Vancouver blue, red, and silver alternate

USA based on the early 90s All-Star jersey (Red star, white jersey)

USA based on the early 90s All-Star jersey (Red star, navy jersey)

USA on a ProJoy blue Statue of Liberty jersey

USA on an OT Sports red Statue of Liberty jersey

Dallas Stars alternate with a yellow star and green jersey and the shoulder patch logo in the center

New York Rangers alternate with the updated shield in the center

Edmonton Oilers alternate with the oilman patch logo on an orange jersey

Mind you, these are all concepts, not replicas.

fan%20van.jpg

At the moment I am trying to sell around 5 or 6, because the manufaturer I am trying to use will not do "one offs" and I have to purchase 12 at a time. If your interested let me know!!

Just go here and get it done instead of buying in bulk

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Mockba posted some of his teams jerseys a few times

(hit up the search)

Or better yet, wait 'til I find the thread. :D

Concept:

new-white-front.gif

Reality:

aurora-front.jpg

-----

Concept (logo only):

grizzlies.gif

Reality:

grizzlies-front.jpg

-----

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Concept:

orion-black-front.png

Reality:

179179687_b19f978be7.jpg

-----

Concept:

admirals-home-2002.jpg

Reality:

admirals-new-white-front.jpg

Concept:

admirals-2006-final2-away.png

Reality:

away-front.jpg

home-front.jpg

-----

Concept:

LOS-jersey-hf.gif

Can't find a picture of the actual jersey, I'll have to take one later.

Concept:

eagle-full2.gif

Reality:

eagles1.jpg

----

I think that's all of them. At least, I can't think of any others at the moment.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

fan%20van.jpg

I rather like that one. Let me know if you actually go ahead with it!

fan%20van.jpg

Just go here and get it done instead of buying in bulk

Have you had good experiences with this company??

As far as the price I've been quoted I'm looking at around $110 to $130 CND. Thats full customization

it's kinda funny Mockba, the guy in green in the last pic, it looks like he used masking tape for his numbers :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've been thinking about possibly getting my Braves concept jerseys made someday. However, my only concern with that would be if I would be able to do so since I will be using trademarked logos. Here is a link to the thread that has the drawings of the jerseys.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...braves&st=0

The only things concerning me about possibly going through on this project is the legality of me being able to use these logos on the jersey.

Hey, I was thinking that perhaps someday I would like to make one of my concepts into a jersey that I could wear. Whether that be Hip Hop Hockey, one of my actual NHL or MLB concepts or whatever, I was wondering how you go about doing it. If I recall, Discrimihater had a couple of his creations come to life (help me out to confirm this 'Scrim :D . Callin' 'Scrim, callin' 'Scrim.) I was just curious as to how this could happen. Any insight would be appreciated.

-E.A.R.

If I wasn't so broke I'd buy one of those De La Soul jerseys in a heartbeat.

msg-117798227822.jpg

it's kinda funny Mockba, the guy in green in the last pic, it looks like he used masking tape for his numbers :D

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They couldn't even get a cheap pair of block numbers to heat press on there?

-E.A.R.

If I wasn't so broke I'd buy one of those De La Soul jerseys in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting an HHHL jersey made one day. It'd sure be unique, though I'd have to see how much it would cost, how I would go about stitching things on, etc.

-E.A.R.

Archived