New Washington Capital Uniforms to be Unveiled Tomorrow

m0sherman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked their capital building logo from the last set. I always thought they would look perfect in those if they changed the colors to red, white and blue. These new ones just look like a bad modernization of the old ones. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Rangers and Coyotes look the same.

That wordmark is complete crap.

The eagle's not bad, though. It's not as good as the previous eagle. But it'd still look a ton better as the crest than that monstrosity of a wordmark.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That wordmark is complete crap.

The eagle's not bad, though. It's not as good as the previous eagle. But it'd still look a ton better as the crest than that monstrosity of a wordmark.

The wordmark is a :censored:e-side better than that retardo-eagle they had...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The eagle W is sweet - that should be on the front and the wordmark should be on the shoulders. The vertical stripes are still lame, but red, white, and blue makes a lot more sense for the nation's capital.

Still an upgrade over what they had.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Did anyone notice, as was posted in the UniWatch comments, that the "p" through "a" of the Caps new logo (the "pita," if you will) sort of form the shape of a goal? I initially thought that the design of some of the letters was pretty bizarre, but it makes a little more sense if you look at it that way. It's like a stick winding up to take a shot on goal.

I know a lot of you don't like them, but honestly I love em. The both the design and logo have a classic feel that reminds me of them when I was growing up.

Sure a wordmark is a little plain, but it's the team's history. I think the jerseys are simplistic, but effective.

Archived