New Washington Capital Uniforms to be Unveiled Tomorrow

m0sherman

I really wish they would debut these with the full uniform. People always forget about the pants, socks and helmets. They can make or break a uniform just as much as a jersey can. I think conventional wisdom says that they'll use navy pants, but they might use red. And what are the stripes on the socks going to look like? I like the jerseys and that number font is so much better than the last number font, but I want to see the whole package.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the blue stripe that runs along the back of the sleeve actually goes below the namebar on the back.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

There does not appear to be a stripe on the back of the sleeve.

REDSKINS.png

at first glance, I though to myself this is crap. but as I went through the topic and read the comments the set is really growing on me. Living near DC i will be exposed to these alot so i feel eventually they will totally hook me. I do like the "capitals" wordmark logo, but like others here i do feel it is was quite a big failure to update a classic logo. The eagle logo is cool, but i feel it is a downgrade from the current eagle logo. All in all, it's not bad. Hopefully they'll have a blue alt with eagle.

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

Check http://www.onfrozenblog.com for a better look at the white jerseys, including a first look at the number font.

With so much red already in the scheme, I might prefer blue numbers with red outlines like the old jerseys had, but whatever they go with will easily be a major upgrade from the terrible font they've been using for the last ten years.

Ovechkin's 8 in that picture reminds me of the Tennessee Titans.

I like the road whites a lot better than the home reds.

It's not a bad jersey though i was hoping the logo might be a bit more interesting instead of a "modernized" version of their original one. The secondary logo is well designed but it looks a little too Third Reich for my taste which to many may not be too far off.

So, I know it was mentioned somewhere else (maybe it was the Orioles thread, not this one), but...

260_wn.jpg

That secondary logo immediately brought to mind the concept that P.I.L.L./Prologo was working on when he was an active member however many years ago.

The eagle, the W. the building forming the bottom... different building, but still the idea is very similar

I'm softening to these for two reasons.

1) I have no choice. They don't care what I think and staying angry with no outlet is too tiring.

2) At least they had the decency to connect it to the past. I loved the Finals era blue/bronze more than words can say. And since that was :censored:canned my choices became...all new overly patriotic crap...or psuedo-retro crap. I'll take psuedo-retro crap.

I HATE the collar.....but I hate every collar with that little flap thing in any sport. I hate the template style , the sleek fit, the armpit striping, the fact that the NHL seems to feel a need to do this league-wide make-over at all.

I HATE the W eagle on the sleeve. It's trying to accomplish too much and most importantly, it doesn't fit stylistically with the retro concept AT ALL. It's like the sleeve is one element and the rest of the shirt is another.

BUT, given all that, whatever. I can deal with it. I don't love it. I doubt I will ever even like it. But this is what we have so there you go.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I really don't mind the sleeve stripes. I actually kind of like it (especially on the whites). I'm not a fan of the thick blue piping, but other than that, these really aren't too shabby.

Know that I have seen the back I like them less than I did before. If that red stripe (white on the dark jersey) was also on the back of the sleeve I would love these. However since it is not I'm lukewarm to them. Going to have to see them on the ice.

That wordmark is complete crap.

The eagle's not bad, though. It's not as good as the previous eagle. But it'd still look a ton better as the crest than that monstrosity of a wordmark.

The wordmark is a :censored:e-side better than that retardo-eagle they had...

I'm simply going to disagree. I have no love for this wordmark.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is it just me, or am I seeing not one, but two American landmarks in that alternate 'eagle' logo? I see the U.S. Capitol building, like everyone else, but I also see the Washington Monument in the black (or is it navy?) part in the eagle's neck.

Is it just me, or am I seeing not one, but two American landmarks in that alternate 'eagle' logo? I see the U.S. Capitol building, like everyone else, but I also see the Washington Monument in the black (or is it navy?) part in the eagle's neck.

It's navy. Possible don't know if it's intentional or not. It could be a split because the bottom is split.

At about 6:40 they will unveil the full uniform with players skating in them. It will be streamed online at washingtoncaps.com or if you are in the area Comcast Sportsnet MidAtlantic.

I can't believe how many people are coming out and calling the '74-'95 Crapitals/capiLals logo a "classic." That was always my least favorite, because it looked so tacky and non-descript, and I don't see how this is any better. In fact, it might just be worse.

I'd rather see the W-eagle as the crest on a navy sweater with red and white shoulder stripes. It might look a little bit like the Rangers, but that's preferable to looking a lot like the Capitals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't believe how many people are coming out and calling the '74-'95 Crapitals/capiLals logo a "classic." That was always my least favorite, because it looked so tacky and non-descript, and I don't see how this is any better. In fact, it might just be worse.

I'd rather see the W-eagle as the crest on a navy sweater with red and white shoulder stripes. It might look a little bit like the Rangers, but that's preferable to looking a lot like the Capitals.

How old are you?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Navy blue pants no stripes or stars. The top half of the new socks are navy blue with a white stripes and red at the bottom for the home same for the white socks except the bottom is white with a red stripe. Think Buffalo for the socks just red and blue.

I don't like the cut of the jersey. The jersey doesn't look as good on the players as it does in the photo.

Joe Benenatti says 8 teams are changing their uniforms in some way.

Quick edit: Seeing the players skate in them it doesn't look as bad.

For the record, I thought the slate blue/bronze/black scheme was awesome for the Caps, though they had lost their way recently with the non-matching sets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived