2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

http://communities.canada.com/calgaryheral...s-are-duds.aspx

"Fortunately, Boston resisted the urge to go nuts and has adopted a more classic look. The semi-official word is the Flames have done the same, so those way-out photoshop design "leaks" you may have seen around the web are 100% fake. Calgary will unveil its new look in September. If you haven't already heard, the much-reviled horsehead/fire-breathing dragon/Jim Peplinski mug shot secondary logo (which did have its cult following) is history."

Also if you click on the link in the article where he says: "horsehead/fire-breathing dragon/Jim Peplinski mug shot" it gives a link to sportslogos.net ..

The thing that gets me is the 'Classic Look'. Could that mean going back to the white, yellow and red? Or sticking to what they have now, but altered a bit?

It's a shame the Flames never came up with anything original themselves, they instead adopted Atlanta's name and colours when they were moved to Calgary, i always found that to be pathetic as most teams, well pretty much ALL teams usually change their name when they move from a different state/country or whatever the case was. But the colours work and if you spin it right, you can make the name work as well.

I liked the Orange/Yellow/Red that the Flames had from the start, adding black was a cop out to me for trying to look updated and new but in such a cheap and taudry way. If the flames do indeed go back to the original colours, i applaud them. It was an awesome look, i even own a Theoren Fleury jersey in the '89 jersey style (Fleury and i share the same bday, i even was a caddy for the guy when he golfed in Vernon).

Bring back the old colours and the red pants, it'd make the Flames fans happy and the sea of red will just get that much more red to cheer for.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm in the minority, but the current (soon to be old) Flames home jersey is one of my favorite in the league. I love the black-flaming C on it. The only thing that bugs me is the lace-up collar. If I could find one on-line for a discounted price I'd probably order one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That is certainly a nice jersey, but I prefer the current overall look, mostly because they aren't red from head to toe. The black shorts really break things up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I'm in the minority, but the current (soon to be old) Flames home jersey is one of my favorite in the league. I love the black-flaming C on it. The only thing that bugs me is the lace-up collar. If I could find one on-line for a discounted price I'd probably order one.

Gotta agree with ya, BBTV: that red Flames jersey is gorgeous. I picked up an Omaha Knights jersey recently, which uses the same design with different logos. And while you might not care for the lace-up collar, it has one really distinct feature which you can only see up close: the grommets, instead of being simple little metal circles, are tarnished bronze hex nuts. It adds a nice touch to the sweater, and I hope that carries over to the new set.

And jkrdevil: for posting that stupid Canucks concept, I now officially hate you. I plan to focus negative energy toward you all day until your head hopefully explodes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Big Find here New or alt. logos I found them on hats off NHL Shop Heres a picture of the changes i found- NHLLOGOS.jpg

I love that pens logo :D

Those logos are from some Zephyr hats that were put out a few years ago. Notice the old Caps eagle and colors. Nice logos, just they'll more than likely not wind up on any jersey ever.

939619_20070801_screen002.jpg

Notice anything wrong with this pic??

I'll give you a hint... well, maybe the answer - Kubina's number has been 31 for the majority of last season after beginning it wearing the number 71. Oh EA, you and your screw ups never cease to amaze me.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If you look at the shorts, they are using their current logo. Somebody in the 190+ thread mentionned that the Penguins will alter their logo somehow. For haters of this uniform, this might give some hope that this is not the real thing, since it wont be that logo on the uniform.

Or maybe the logo-changers are wrong and those are the jerseys...

...we wont know until its confirmed.

What I have been told has come from the top down, meaning, directly from RBK themselves. So until we see the "unavailing" of the jerseys, we cannot assume what we have seen are going to be the new jerseys or just a concept that was made at some point. It isn't final until they show it off to the public.

And the list doesn't even include my Flames logo tweek. I'm crushed.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'll give you a hint... well, maybe the answer - Kubina's number has been 31 for the majority of last season after beginning it wearing the number 71. Oh EA, you and your screw ups never cease to amaze me.

that was quite a hint

(although it was 73 he started the season with, not 71)

Hey, I can live with that if that's going to be their biggest screw-up.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Too bad he wore #73 last year rather then #71 though. I'm glad he switched! I understand him wearing 73 for it's resemblence to 13. But I think 31 suits him much better, I can't remember very many players ever wearing that number in my time.

untitled-6.jpg

Patrick Laforge, president of the Oilers, just talked on The Team 1260 radio in Edmonton, and the topic of jerseys came up. He didn't offer anything specific about the new Oilers uniforms, but he did say that they would be unveiled on (or around) the same day of the first pre-season game, with little fanfare. Little fanfare=few changes from their current set, by my reckoning.

Here's the interesting bit, though. He offered comment on Vancuover's impending new design, and how they will be using the stick logo on their home dark jerseys, and their orca logo on the road.....How much in the loop would the President of the Oilers when it comes to another team's jerseys? Hmmmmmm......

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

I dont see what's so bad about it. It sure beats the hell out of the skate logo.

I have never in my life heard a real canuck fan diss the skate logo, never have i heard that before. The whale logo was the worst direction of a logo the Canucks have taken and the polls that have been taken all prove my point, not only that, if you step into GM place for a game once in a while you'll see i am right.

The skate logo represented hockey, it also had Canucks in it, it didn't matter that it wasn't something that completely represented Vancouver, the name Canucks is too broad to be covered by any kind of logo aside from the 2 original logo's the team has used. Polls again have proven my point.

If i could go back to any of the logo's i'd be #1 - Original Logo, #2, Skate Logo...there is no 3rd option.

Now you might think i am dissing you or something, i don't even know how old you are, but in 1994 i went to every home game for the season and playoffs, i was 13 and cried when we lost, but that logo, that skate logo had blood and sweat on it from the guys that played that series hard with new york, as well as the flames series. I can't for the life of me, imagine any canuck fan that actually cared about the team dissing that logo.

i'll always associate the skate logo uniforms with that 94 run and how they damn near won the thing too. The orca, i just associate with bad canucks teams and cup runs that end in the 1st and 2nd round. I wouldn't even be totally opposed to having the skate logo recolored in orca colors and the orca 'c' regulated to an alternate shoulder logo which from a logo pov looks like a good shoulder logo and a weak primary logo. Or just drop orca and stick stick and rink on the shoulders, that works too.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Hey guys didn't see this posted anywhere do you think this could be a possible leak of the Canucks uniform?

vancouver_2.jpg

^_^ Post 10 and the thread has already gone to hell

Had to edit the post to get the right post number thanks to the inserted first post of the main list.

dude, not even close. you seriously cant tell that a fake?

:lol: HAHAHAHA, The Orca on the right shoulder is backwards. It's not a C anymore.

Those are still the current jerseys that the league has, becasue i was checking out some screen shots for NHL 08 as well and moste of the teams still had their jerseys from last year, so they probably wont add them into the game until they unveil them to the public

***my bad clicked on the wrong post***

ovechkin_sig3.jpg

Gamespot has some new pics up of NHL 08 and the Canucks are wearing what appear to be the throwback "stick in rink" jerseys ... at first I thought they may be the new ones, but they don't have the NHL collar on them, so I'm not posting the picture because it's probably not legit. However, there are also some pictures of them in last year's jerseys, so take it for what it's worth. Here's the link to the images, though.

This is the one I'm replying to.

ovechkin_sig3.jpg

Archived