2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

My hope is that they make the Penguin look a little meaner like the WBS penguin logo, well not so much the lame muscles and what that makes it look cartoony, but i mean update the gloves, the eyes, the beak and the stick and the logo could be cool. Another thing is the robo-pigeon has the mark of an emperor penguin, you add that to the one we have currently and you have a little better of a logo.

As a pens fan, i can handle that.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully, BBM has that comprehensive list of changes saved somewhere. Anyone else got that archived?

Also, I'd like to know if it's still acceptable to berate anyone who posts that awful "Lumberjack-in-a-C" Canucks concept as their possible new jersey.

There's always this:

The NHL in 2007-08 (page here at CCSLC)

And/or This:

The NHL in 2007-08 Website

Hey guys didn't see this posted anywhere do you think this could be a possible leak of the Canucks uniform?

vancouver_2.jpg

^_^ Post 10 and the thread has already gone to hell

Had to edit the post to get the right post number thanks to the inserted first post of the main list.

dude, not even close. you seriously cant tell that a fake?

Hey guys didn't see this posted anywhere do you think this could be a possible leak of the Canucks uniform?

vancouver_2.jpg

Had to edit the post to get the right post number thanks to the inserted first post of the main list.

:lol: HAHAHAHA, The Orca on the right shoulder is backwards. It's not a C anymore.

Gamespot has some new pics up of NHL 08 and the Canucks are wearing what appear to be the throwback "stick in rink" jerseys ... at first I thought they may be the new ones, but they don't have the NHL collar on them, so I'm not posting the picture because it's probably not legit. However, there are also some pictures of them in last year's jerseys, so take it for what it's worth. Here's the link to the images, though.

vancouver_2.jpg

Dude you can't even tell that was a joke?

Him saying " ^_^ Post 10 and the thread has already gone to hell "

Was a bit of a giveaway.

untitled-6.jpg

Gamespot has some new pics up of NHL 08 and the Canucks are wearing what appear to be the throwback "stick in rink" jerseys ... at first I thought they may be the new ones, but they don't have the NHL collar on them, so I'm not posting the picture because it's probably not legit. However, there are also some pictures of them in last year's jerseys, so take it for what it's worth. Here's the link to the images, though.

EA Sports has said that they will have all of the new uni's and last season uni's in 08.

iGLssSH.png

EA Sports has said that they will have all of the new uni's and last season uni's in 08.

Yeah, I don't read anything into the Canucks appearing in last year's uniforms in any screenshots from EA, legit or otherwise. We know for certain that the uniform is changing for this year, we just don't know for certain how.

I dont know if this is of any relevance, but after looking at the NHL 2008 stuff is, I decided to check out the NHL 2K8 stuff, becuase I'm gonna have to get one of them. If you look at the video from 2K8, Spezza is the cover boy, and right off the bat it shows him wearing the current red jersey, but the font dont match what the Sens have been wearing. It looks close to the Caps/Sabres type and my guess would be that its easier to change to the new jerseys than have to deal with the font when they do unveil the new duds. You can view it under "offical movie" NHL 2K8

SEAsig.png

For those wondering, here was one of the images in question regarding the Canucks new duds in NHL 08. Again, looks to be a vintage set, since the NHL collar is absent, but I'm just putting it out there. There was also a video on Gamespot that had the Sharks new logo in it, but I didn't see the jerseys.

If you look at the shorts, they are using their current logo. Somebody in the 190+ thread mentionned that the Penguins will alter their logo somehow. For haters of this uniform, this might give some hope that this is not the real thing, since it wont be that logo on the uniform.

The only thing the Pens can do to improve the logo is to finally reintroduce the little scarf on the guy. That's it. Keep the muscular, roided-out Pengy in the minors where bush-league designs like that belong.

I dont know if this is of any relevance, but after looking at the NHL 2008 stuff is, I decided to check out the NHL 2K8 stuff, becuase I'm gonna have to get one of them. If you look at the video from 2K8, Spezza is the cover boy, and right off the bat it shows him wearing the current red jersey, but the font dont match what the Sens have been wearing. It looks close to the Caps/Sabres type and my guess would be that its easier to change to the new jerseys than have to deal with the font when they do unveil the new duds. You can view it under "offical movie" NHL 2K8

Yeah, the font is definitely waay off, but it also looks a little off on the all-star jerseys as well, looks more like the Ducks numbers.

iGLssSH.png

http://communities.canada.com/calgaryheral...s-are-duds.aspx

"Fortunately, Boston resisted the urge to go nuts and has adopted a more classic look. The semi-official word is the Flames have done the same, so those way-out photoshop design "leaks" you may have seen around the web are 100% fake. Calgary will unveil its new look in September. If you haven't already heard, the much-reviled horsehead/fire-breathing dragon/Jim Peplinski mug shot secondary logo (which did have its cult following) is history."

Also if you click on the link in the article where he says: "horsehead/fire-breathing dragon/Jim Peplinski mug shot" it gives a link to sportslogos.net ..

The thing that gets me is the 'Classic Look'. Could that mean going back to the white, yellow and red? Or sticking to what they have now, but altered a bit?

espnsignq8.png

I dont see what's so bad about it. It sure beats the hell out of the skate logo.

I have never in my life heard a real canuck fan diss the skate logo, never have i heard that before. The whale logo was the worst direction of a logo the Canucks have taken and the polls that have been taken all prove my point, not only that, if you step into GM place for a game once in a while you'll see i am right.

The skate logo represented hockey, it also had Canucks in it, it didn't matter that it wasn't something that completely represented Vancouver, the name Canucks is too broad to be covered by any kind of logo aside from the 2 original logo's the team has used. Polls again have proven my point.

If i could go back to any of the logo's i'd be #1 - Original Logo, #2, Skate Logo...there is no 3rd option.

Now you might think i am dissing you or something, i don't even know how old you are, but in 1994 i went to every home game for the season and playoffs, i was 13 and cried when we lost, but that logo, that skate logo had blood and sweat on it from the guys that played that series hard with new york, as well as the flames series. I can't for the life of me, imagine any canuck fan that actually cared about the team dissing that logo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived