2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

jerseyheader08.jpg

I detect a hint of thin white piping on the shoulders of these new Nucks threads...

Great find. Soneone found/made a concept with that shoulder design. It's probably somewhere in this thread. Congratulations to the Vancouver Canucks for not using navy blue. :notworthy:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definite launch date for the Canucks. August 29 at 12:30 PM per email from Canucks.

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...ge&id=17540

You know what I love about the "Through The Years" graphic there? Apparently, the Canucks didn't wear a jersey from 1984-1990. :rolleyes:

They went topless for a six year period, until the NHL implemented the " You must hwere jersey's rule" in 1990, under then commisnor Bud Selig.

untitled-6.jpg

This seems to go along with the recolored orca theory. "Where We Began" means the blue and green, "What We've Become" means the orca.

Or not.

I definitely agree with this. In fact, I think we can take it even farther. To me, this pretty much validates the theory that one jersey will have the old stink-n-rink logo and the other will have a recolored orca.

So Edmonton and Vancouver don't have any should/arm designs or patches? Maybe the entire NW division will take that route.

They faded the pictures so we don't know much about the jerseys, they will probably have the stick n rink logo on the shoulders.

What we know by looking at the Luongo one is that they definately will not have piping on the chest like Florida, which is good news !

Definite launch date for the Canucks. August 29 at 12:30 PM per email from Canucks.

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...ge&id=17540

You know what I love about the "Through The Years" graphic there? Apparently, the Canucks didn't wear a jersey from 1984-1990. :rolleyes:

... well those were very forgettable years.... ^_^

Seriously, the less said or remembered about the Canucks during those years the better.

What we know by looking at the Luongo one is that they definately will not have piping on the chest like Florida, which is good news !

That, or it could just be a generic white jersey he's in for the picture.

I do have to make one comment about the Canucks in general though. One of the links showed the four major kit changes, Stick, V, Skate, Orca side by side.

I have to say, for all those knocking the Orca, of the 4 themes the Canucks have had, the Orca is the only logo that is easy to recognize and identify with for a vancouver fan. Don't knock the opinion, but the Hockey Stick logo, seriously, is just a hockey stick in a box, to anyone that doesnt know its a Canucks logo already, they would never be able to find the C in the box and never be able to associate it with the canucks. Obviously the V doesnt really have a logo on it, and while the Skate easily identifies with the Canucks because.. it says Canucks on it... You can't tell from a distance what the hell is going on because the logo (which I've always liked because they went to the finals with it) is just so busy.

But what the Orca does do, is provide a quick and obvious but distinct and unique logo that actually brings an identity to the team which each of the previous logos failed to do.

Here stealing from an above users signature because the images on the canucks site are 4 different not one big one. Obviously the logos here are much clearly so you don't get the same effect I had when i saw the small version of the uniforms and went "wow" and thought of everything i just said but here goes nothing:

vancouvercanucksevolutiwi8.jpg

Just my, extremely unbiased (as a fan of a rival team!) opinion of the canucks logos after having a look at all of them side by side eariler today.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

But what the Orca does do, is provide a quick and obvious but distinct and unique logo that actually brings an identity to the team which each of the previous logos failed to do.

I don't happen to agree with that - there's nothing particularly Canucky about any of the logos. If the Orca is more readily identifiable it's only because marketing has become more sophisticated.

There's nothing "Milwaukee" or "Brewer"ish about the ball-and-glove logo, but every time I wear the hat people recognize it for what it is. Certainly more people than recognize the Milwaukee-centric "Germanic M" or Brewer-like "M with barley".

Given the appropriate push, the stick-in-rink could reach the same level. I don't know if I would want them to go back to it, but I think your argument is flawed.

Given the appropriate push, the stick-in-rink could reach the same level. I don't know if I would want them to go back to it, but I think your argument is flawed.

My argument isn't that the Orca is a masterful piece of logo-type, and I'm especially not saying it has anything to do with die-hard canucks fans. I'm just saying that in comparison, a Non-NHL Fan would have a much easier time identifying an easy-to decipher logo clearly shaped as a C with ice and a whale/fish and remember that that is connected to a coastal citie's NHL team more readily than they would be able to remember which team was being represented by a stick in a box.

For example, if you gave random bypassers a piece of paper with a logo on it and 5 teams listed below, maybe Calgary Flames, Washington Capitals, Colorado Avalanche, Vancouver Canucks, whatever,

Among Non-NHL Fans, I bet the distribution of fans who link the Vancouver Canucks with the Orca logo would be much higher than that of those who link them with the stick in the box, which i would imagine would see a fairly even distribution amongst all the teams because it creates absolutely no identity, and more resembles the generic "We don't have a logo yet so we are just putting a hockey stick to show we are a hockey team" look rather then trying to actually represent anything feel to it. It could just as easily belong to any team, because the only attempt at an identity surround the logo, the 'C' formed by the path of the stick, is virtually un-identifiable by anyone who does not already know that they are supposed to be looking for it.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it.

Most of the non-fans who recognize the Brewers logo don't do so because they recognize the "M" and "B" within it. They recognize the shape.

As I said above, I don't know if they should go back to it, but given their regular marketing push they can make the association every bit as easily with the rink as they can with the orca.

jerseyheader08.jpg

I detect a hint of thin white piping on the shoulders of these new Nucks threads...

Based on the font used for the date, could Vancouver be going the Buffalo / Washington route with their jersey lettering / numbering?

Archived