2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The club?s former primary logo, which was a profile view of the Roman soldier, has also been updated and will now become the club?s secondary logo. The secondary logo will appear on some classic Senators merchandise."

An updated secondary will appear on classic merchandise?

That's curious.

boy i'm loving the uglification of the NHL.

granted the sens could be worse, but this looks like a concept that would get mixed reviews. I'll give it a C. Passing grade but nothing to ever inspire me to buy it.

as for the new leafs jersey, welcome to the crowded ugly train. yet sadly the beautiful train is quite empty with the exceptions of Boston, Columbus, Detroit and New York Rangers. <_<

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Senators new jerseys are okay. They're not great, but they're not bad either. They just seem to be bland. Although I like the profile better than the 3D, I think that the 3D logo fits better with the jersey that is using vertical striping. I'd probably put the Sens at #3 as far as teams redesigning the jersey. And I love the shoulder logo, hopefully they will have a barberpole third jersey when they make their return in a couple years.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, at least they match now. I like them. You've got a secondary logo that incorporates barberpole, unique pants striping and a pretty sharp number font for a pretty sharp look. The cons are that they used the alllstar game socks, the 2d logo is nowwhere to be found, horizontal striping eliminated, gold is gone, and they're wearing red with black pants like 3 other teams in the league. Could of gone with black jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like these jerseys. The 3D logo looks somewhat cartoonish, but it is BOLD. I think it will look great in action. Part of the reason that I couldn't stand watching the Sens is because I thought those swoosh uniforms were extremely dull. I also felt their last white set was outdated.

This is a fresh take on the Senators, and I like it.

A quesiton in regards to the font... Is that a PHX Coyotes type font from last year?

Juventus.png

What's really sad though is that the Penguins are rumored to have something almost identical. (sleepz)

I have to agree. Before the Uniformaggedon, the NHL was pretty good with teams have unique jersey sets. I dont recall any teams having jerseys that used the exact same template (ok, there might have been a few but not alot). Now, we will probably see 3 or more teams with the Preds template, a few with the Sens template and so on. Im tired of more then 1 team having the same template, be unique, use something different!

huh?

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1980s/198384.html (or any of the 70s/80s/90s pages)

3 stripes sleeves, 3 stripes bottom, lather, rinse, repeat...

Yes there has been more uniqueness recently, but I'm betting when you look at all the uniforms together, they won't all look exactly alike.

The 3 stripe pattern is something we're all used to as long as the right team uses it. When teams start using the same templates, there's less creativity involved thus less pleasing uniforms.

In other words, if you're team was created before 1980, its ok to all have the same template. If your team wasnt, you cant?

Horse :censored:.

All you people who think that the new templates are any different than that the rangers, sabres, habs, oilers, bruins, etc....are morons. Just because it's not "classic" doesnt automatically make it "worse".

SigReflect.png

I love this message board.

People SCREAM AND YELL for 175 pages about too much piping, about unnecessary colors on shoulders and sleeves, and an overall feeling of too much "clutter" on all of the new jerseys.

Enter Ottawa and their absolutely magnificent new jerseys, which incorporate everything that the majority of you on this board have been looking for............and NOW you all say that they are "boring", "could be better", and "well at least they dont suck".

Gotta love it.

SigReflect.png

With their fresh new logos, I was hoping for very cool things from the Sens.

That's not it.

Then again, I think their "through 2007" thirds, with the laurels, were top-notch. So, read into that what you will.

That is my favourite jersey out of all of them. The new primary 3-D logo is alright, but I would have preferred the senator in front of a FULL circle with laurels. It would create an 'O' which would stand for Ottawa. (I much prefer the 2-D logo.) As for the Shoulder patch logo, something's not right. Should it have a white stripe as well?

I saw, I came, I left.

I love this message board.

People SCREAM AND YELL for 175 pages about too much piping, about unnecessary colors on shoulders and sleeves, and an overall feeling of too much "clutter" on all of the new jerseys.

Enter Ottawa and their absolutely magnificent new jerseys, which incorporate everything that the majority of you on this board have been looking for............and NOW you all say that they are "boring", "could be better", and "well at least they dont suck".

Gotta love it.

because the design is just that, 'Okay', 'could be better'. granted they refrained from the nonsense of the isles, capitals, panthers, sabres and preds. which makes it one of the better designs, however that doesn't make it a great design as this could be better. The side panels could go, the arm stripes could be a bit more refined, and most importantly it needs hem stripes. right now it looks like a practice jersey. does it need piping and all sorts of wild and crazy :censored:? no. but it could be better.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't mind them at all. I think they could have been better but, in my opinion, pretty much anything could have topped the last set. They were outdated and while I preferred the red, I wasn't a big fan of the "faux toga" element and the lack of consistency between road and home sets.

I think people just sometimes have a problem dealing with change. However, I think a red horizontal stripe on the bottom of the road and white on the home would elevate this set much higher and really "complete" them. The shoulder logo was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't counted on that.

I think everyone needs to take a breath and let them sink in for a bit. I can't wait to see them parading around the rink with the Stanley Cup overhead next June.

Now I'm worried...

After seeing the Senators jersey in the first pic below, it looks like the Flyers might be using a slighty altered, yet similar, version of the template :(

capnSEN6.jpg

capnFLY1.jpg

Time will tell, I suppose.

The orange on that Flyers uniform is curved a different way than than the red on the sens white jersey is.

Overall, a nice upgrade from the old set. A much cleaner, more consistent look. I would probably prefer the new 2-D logo as the primary but the one they decided on will work fine.

Did anyone else notice that the logos banner on NHL.com cuts off the entire top of the new Sens logo?

zzPEfBm.png

Archived