tell me madden 08 for 360 has multiple uni options

bipolarbear

Lack of uni choices should not be a determining factor in one's purchase of a video game.

That being said, EA should do a better job of keeping these up to date. Let us choose the jersey and pants individually so we can create any combo we want. Then give each team at least a couple throwbacks and let us see the uniform while we are choosing (like we could on the original XBOX).

for M07 and M08, i set all things equal with uniform choices as the determining factor. Since i expect everything else to be either equal to the previous or worse.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the letting us choose jersey and pants individually. Infact I was even thinking on how to do it. You can either choose current, or classic. For the current it would have all current choices: Home, Away, Alt(if applicable) Then you can have the different pant styles (Dark, white, ect...) They could even do different socks, like the bengals, with sometimes orange socks, so you could choose the socks with the pants.

Then for classic it has the same get-up but with the throwback uniforms. (I dont like the idea of mix/matching different generation of uniforms, although some people might)

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I've noticed another flaw. The powder blue set for the Chargers has the throwback helmet (gray facemask, no powder bolt outline) sans numbers instead of the current white helmet.

VmWIn6B.png

I have Madden for PS3. I was playing my first pre-season game as the Patriots at Tampa Bay. In reality, the Pats wore their home jerseys and Tampa wore its white ones. I was able to select the blue home uniforms during the pregame options, but once the game started, it defaulted to Tampa wearing home uniforms and Patriots wearing the road whites.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have Madden for PS3. I was playing my first pre-season game as the Patriots at Tampa Bay. In reality, the Pats wore their home jerseys and Tampa wore its white ones. I was able to select the blue home uniforms during the pregame options, but once the game started, it defaulted to Tampa wearing home uniforms and Patriots wearing the road whites.

It's tricky, you have to select your jersey and then select theirs. They both are defaulted to "home" and I guess it puts the home team in dark and then switches away for the other team. I put TB in roads and then chose the away colors then went back to TB and made sure it said away and I had the Titans in all light blue at TB. Also in another game, I was at Indy and I chose TBs "classics" to see if they would be in White Bucco Bruce's and it put me in orange and Indy at home in white. It must go by whatever was selected last.

BigShoop, I agree about the White/White looking ugly, but the fact is, I'm crazy about unis and they've worn White/White at home the first few games of the season and haven't broken out Red/White for about 5 years. I remember them playing either the Falcons at home in it or at Dallas a few years ago.

Overall, most, if not all, of the omissions are white/other color pants.

Oh well, with no competition, I guess I should be happy with what little I got.

KISSwall09.jpg

It's tricky, you have to select your jersey and then select theirs. They both are defaulted to "home" and I guess it puts the home team in dark and then switches away for the other team. I put TB in roads and then chose the away colors then went back to TB and made sure it said away and I had the Titans in all light blue at TB. Also in another game, I was at Indy and I chose TBs "classics" to see if they would be in White Bucco Bruce's and it put me in orange and Indy at home in white. It must go by whatever was selected last.

BigShoop, I agree about the White/White looking ugly, but the fact is, I'm crazy about unis and they've worn White/White at home the first few games of the season and haven't broken out Red/White for about 5 years. I remember them playing either the Falcons at home in it or at Dallas a few years ago.

Overall, most, if not all, of the omissions are white/other color pants.

Oh well, with no competition, I guess I should be happy with what little I got.

Thats why i liked M07, because you could view the jersey and if you selected home, then the computer gets defaulted to away. what i like to know is what improvements have been made to justify buying 08 instead of just carrying on with 07? Other than an updated roster, what am i actually getting that seperates it self from 07?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Lack of uni choices should not be a determining factor in one's purchase of a video game.

I don't think that's true at all, especially on this board. Gamers want the option to faithfully recreate in a video game what they see on TV on Sundays. EA Sports, for whatever reason, doesn't provide that ability. Why would I want to purchase a half-assed game?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think it's a huge perk/turn-off when buying a game. I remember going insane to buy Madden 2003 because they finally had the Bears white/white road uniforms. The closer a sports title comes to being a realistic experience instead of a flashy quasi-simulation, the more enjoyable it is for the fan.

The difference can be seen in the type of fan you're dealing with. There are very few games with year-to-year reliant customers as are Madden fans. It's not like other sports because they own a monopoly on the market, and when you own the board, you have a responsibility to the fan to put out the best product possible from year to year.

Now I understand that it takes a long time to get games right and update the game annually to maintain your hardcore audience and gather new buyers. I get that, it's a tough gig for anyone, and when you've got the rights secured, a sense of laziness can set in because you have no challengers. (Like the WWE for example)

But if that's the scenario, I'd like to see EA/Tiburon do something like this:

Break tradition and make Madden a bi-annual title. With next-gen consoles all internet capable, offer a new actual disc every even year, and in odd years offer for a fee, a downloadable updater, complete with rosters, uniforms, contracts, and coaches, etc. Then every odd year release a heavily upgraded disc, that way you have double the time to put out a true high quality product instead of being on the clock year-to-year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's a crying shame that Madden does its uni choices so poorly. Do ya'll remember NFL 2K5's uni selections. Wow, they had throwbacks and alts galore - and they were accurate.

I've got Madden 08 for the 360, and it is full of uni mistakes.

Not many teams (I can only think of one, the Titans) have "away" alt or throwbacks. That means you can't have both teams wearing alts or throwbacks.

Cowboys: They've got the dark jersey being the Cowboys home unis. They've got the white version of the "classic" jersey as the home version. Therefore, if you use it, the other team will be wearing their "away" unis, which of course means both theams will be wearing white jerseys!

Rams: In Madden, the regular home uni set is navy top, white pants. But in real life, the Rams always wear Navy tops and gold pants; they save the white pants for occasional use with the white jersey. It's actually okay with me, because I like the white pants better, but it is inaccurate.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I have Madden 08 for the PC and I have it minimized as I type this..

Every new throwback that will be used this year is in this game. The Redskins have the yellow helmet with the R.

How are the jerseys for PC? Still all screwed up, or pretty good? They're not limited like they are on the consoles are they?

I have to decide whehter to stick with '06 for another year or get the new one. I'm a Browns fan, and if they only have the never used brown pants as an option, that would be a deal breaker.

I have Madden 08 for the PC and I have it minimized as I type this..

Every new throwback that will be used this year is in this game. The Redskins have the yellow helmet with the R.

How are the jerseys for PC? Still all screwed up, or pretty good? They're not limited like they are on the consoles are they?

I have to decide whehter to stick with '06 for another year or get the new one. I'm a Browns fan, and if they only have the never used brown pants as an option, that would be a deal breaker.

Get APF 2K8, unless you've gotta have the NFL and franchise mode. It's a really good game of football, and the customization options are great!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

But if that's the scenario, I'd like to see EA/Tiburon do something like this:

Break tradition and make Madden a bi-annual title. With next-gen consoles all internet capable, offer a new actual disc every even year, and in odd years offer for a fee, a downloadable updater, complete with rosters, uniforms, contracts, and coaches, etc. Then every odd year release a heavily upgraded disc, that way you have double the time to put out a true high quality product instead of being on the clock year-to-year.

Brilliant. This is right on. That means, of course, that it will never happen. Because it never appears that EA Sports has the consumer in mind when it comes to Madden. Otherwise, we wouldn't be shelling out $50 or whatever it is every year for basically the same game we bought the year before.

And I'm with the guys who consider it a deal-breaker to have flaws in the uniform selection. There's a reason the industry calls games like madden a "simulation"; It's meant to allow users to simulate what they see in real life. Hard to do that accurately without getting the details right on uniforms. Hell, I'm such a nut for in-game accuracy that I have a hard time playing old versions of the game knowing some teams have completely different uniforms right now. But I'm a homer.

The Seahawks Blue/White isn't missing when they don't wear it.

They wore it at Jax a year or two ago so that's why I listed it.

I love the EA idea too, ChicagoShawn85, but like everyone said, it'll never happen. It's too easy to charge the consumer $60 a year and probably 99% of last year's owners bought this year's.

I own 2K8, rent it. It's not worth $60. It has potential though.

KISSwall09.jpg

The major thing that bothers me about the uniform gaffs that Madden keeps having, is that THEY KEEP HAVING THEM.

For most major sport game designers, I would imagine the easiest part of the designing process is the uniforms. It is probably the cheapest, quickest, and simplest part of the process.

EA consistently hears these complaints from fans about uniforms, but they keep screwing it up. Even with new jerseys, you'd figure that the video game that has the sole rights to the league (as well as helping to popularize the sport) would be given an opportunity to see new uniforms early. It makes business sense, but I'm thinking it's just a laziness issue.

EA/Tiburon needs to stop trying to see the forest through all the trees. The gameplay is getting better each year, but in order to completely enrichen the game, they must finally fix the ticky-tack issue of uniform gaffs. It doesn't take a lot of research to know that the Rams wear blue/gold at home, that the Bears have a white/white combination, and that not every team has their nameplates done in Helvetica.

I'm sure it must take many hours of physical exertion to change the default font for nameplates from team to team [/sarcasm], but this isn't NCAA football with tons of conferences and teams. There's 32 freakin' teams, and lets say an average of 5 uniform combinations per team, that's roughly 160 uniforms to get right. That may sound like a lot, but it's not that hard to put together once you get the standard home and away jerseys produced in pixels. It doesn't take a lot of work to get these things updated and correct. It's frustrating to see EA consistently miss the mark on these things.

Honestly, EA/Tiburon, figure it out.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The major thing that bothers me about the uniform gaffs that Madden keeps having, is that THEY KEEP HAVING THEM.

For most major sport game designers, I would imagine the easiest part of the designing process is the uniforms. It is probably the cheapest, quickest, and simplest part of the process.

EA consistently hears these complaints from fans about uniforms, but they keep screwing it up. Even with new jerseys, you'd figure that the video game that has the sole rights to the league (as well as helping to popularize the sport) would be given an opportunity to see new uniforms early. It makes business sense, but I'm thinking it's just a laziness issue.

EA/Tiburon needs to stop trying to see the forest through all the trees. The gameplay is getting better each year, but in order to completely enrichen the game, they must finally fix the ticky-tack issue of uniform gaffs. It doesn't take a lot of research to know that the Rams wear blue/gold at home, that the Bears have a white/white combination, and that not every team has their nameplates done in Helvetica.

I'm sure it must take many hours of physical exertion to change the default font for nameplates from team to team [/sarcasm], but this isn't NCAA football with tons of conferences and teams. There's 32 freakin' teams, and lets say an average of 5 uniform combinations per team, that's roughly 160 uniforms to get right. That may sound like a lot, but it's not that hard to put together once you get the standard home and away jerseys produced in pixels. It doesn't take a lot of work to get these things updated and correct. It's frustrating to see EA consistently miss the mark on these things.

Honestly, EA/Tiburon, figure it out.

they basically go on the notion that no matter how :censored:ty the product, fans will still buy it. thats why they put forth zero effort in to the games. If they had legitimate competition, they wouldn't get away with this.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived