Florida Gators Football

MattMilone

I designed these based off the throwbacks they wore last year. I think it's a classier look, but still modern looking. I also altered the primary to 1) be less cartoony 2) rid of the unused green. Enjoy and bask in these awesome jerseys, or vomit and tell me to die, or semi-enjoy and give me C&C. So here we go, the Gators o' Florida.

Florida_Gators-1.jpg

C&C as always, Gracias!

Nice, I liked those throwbacks. The newer F makes the helmets a little less plain. I think the blue pants could use some stripes, and maybe a blue facemask on the helmet. Nice job. I am not sure about taking the green out of the logo. It seems weird to have a color in the logo that is not used in the uniforms, but it is something I have just gotten used to with Florida.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The uniforms are great. I have no complaints there, except maybe darken the blue a bit to create a bit more contrast. You might want to try to put stripes on the blue pants, but they're not bad as is. I'm not too fond of your changes to the logo, but I see what your point is. It's still cartoony, though, and just an orange gator just looks so darn awkward. Nice stuff...I'm looking forward to what else you have in store.

You need to add some more outlines to make your template stand out more, like the belt line and around the cuffs. The middle option looks like a unitard.

Are you designing uniforms or an entire identity? I don't see the purpose of including the wordmark and secondary logos when they appear nowhere else in your concept.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Overall, I really like this look. The unis are really sharp, maybe consider adding some orange pants as well. I really like the helmet too...the only thing that I don't care for is the primary logo. I understand why you wanted to take away the green, but it just doesn't look right. Work with that a little more. Other than that, great work!!

AM.gif

I just wanna say that the secondary mark is just awesome ! Really clever designing there !

I like it too, should be their primary. It was before they introduced the Gator head.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Hate the team, love the concept! I think your best work to date. Very nice. My only suggestion would be to outline the numbers in orange.

Also, is this your template, or is it something I missed on the template thread? If it is yours, could you hook me up at estrauss@mindspring.com? (I'm assuming its vector) Thanks.

I don't really dig these. I like what they have now. But, on a different note, I wonder why they don't just put the stinkin' Gator on the helmet?????!!!!!! To me, that seems really obvious, since they are the Gators, after all. The one from the secondary logo (Florida's) will do nicely.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I hate the Gators with a passion but a very nice concept. I just don't like the orange gator. I like it better green. Green isn't a team color but it works.

I never understood why Florida did not keep that UF logo. It is/was the best logo in college sports. This coming from a FSU fan. I would love to see that on the helmet rather than that horrible generic gator script.

I love the Gators but I never liked the script on the helmets either. The UF logo is cool but try it on an orange helmet. Maybe instead of turning back the clock, you push it forward and use a navy blue. Try royal blue as a third color for outlining piping, stripes and numbers. I think the royal will differentiate the Gators from the Auburn Tigers (as well as the orange helmet). Come to think of it, the "F" may work on an orange helmet. Also, I agree with the others as far as adding green to the gator. It just looks better in green.

The uniforms are great. I have no complaints there, except maybe darken the blue a bit to create a bit more contrast. You might want to try to put stripes on the blue pants, but they're not bad as is. I'm not too fond of your changes to the logo, but I see what your point is. It's still cartoony, though, and just an orange gator just looks so darn awkward. Nice stuff...I'm looking forward to what else you have in store.

Exactly what I was thinking. Other than that...an outstanding concept! Also, I like the new "F" on the helmet as a way of modernizing the throwbacks.

gYH2mW9.png

Why is the blue so washed out? It looks like your concept got left out in the sun too long.

That aside, the orange gator doesn't look right. I see where you're going, trying to get rid of non-school colors, but since the gator head doesn't even appear on your uniform, why does it even matter? All you've done is take an iconic part of the UF look that you left off the uniform, and recolored it to a garish orange. I don't see UF fans going for an orange gator.

Also - not sure that the white helmet is the way to go here. I know they've had white helmets in the past, but there is so much white in this concept already, you're really doing yourself a disservice by not taking advantage of a strong, distinctive color palette that UF is offering you. What other teams in sports use royal/orange? Mets and Islanders, and I guess Boise State now registers in the public conscience. That's it - so why not take advantage of it?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Doosh-bag! You beat me to it!!! :P

(Okay...understand that was meant only as a joke...no intentional ill will homie.)

I've actually been cooking a concept for the UF Gators for a LONG time now...I was actually hoping I could have gotten it done and get it up before anyone else was able to (unless the "Search" function failed me, I don't believe there's been another UF concept on this board in a while, if ever...)

All that said, the design alone ain't bad, except for the blue being a good bit off. Florida has, over the years, maintained a real traditional and (pain me as it does to say it, being that Seminole runs in my blood) very classy look--well, except for the days of Cris Collinsworth and supposed Pensacola, FL-hometown hero Emmitt Smith, when whoever was over the uniform design may have had UF mixed up with Clemson U.

In looking at this...about the only incongruency I can see if using that "futuristic-ish" letter F on the helmet with a more traditional-looking uniform. Looks a bit mismatched...but that's just me.

Overall, though...pretty daggone good there, folk.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived