The Patriots are cheaters!

buzzcut

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1189793444_9331.jpg

Does this look like a man who can even pay that sort of a fine?

That reminds me...the NFL should have insisted he alter his wardrobe so it doesn't look like he got his clothes by mugging a hobo. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1189793444_9331.jpg

Does this look like a man who can even pay that sort of a fine?

That reminds me...the NFL should have insisted he alter his wardrobe so it doesn't look like he got his clothes by mugging a hobo. :P

Wait, you mean to tell me that he isn't a hobo?!?!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Okay I've been trying to sift through many of these posts trying to find answers But I think it will be faster to simply add questions in this post and risk asking something that's already been answered rather than reading all these off-topic swipes.

That said;

1. While using video cameras to steal opposing team's signals is apparently illegal in the NFL, the actual act of stealing signals is in fact NOT against the rules. I'd like to say that again. So if I send a guy out there with binoculars, a notepad, and a cellphone- that's okay, but using a camcorder is not. :blink: Huh? To me this sounds like shooting someone with a gun is murder, but stabbing them is not. I know enforcing an anti-espionage would be difficult but not impossible, but shouldn't there be at least a gentleman's rule stating the very act is wrong to begin with?

2. Does this mean that if other teams are guilty of doing the same thing that their punishments will be just as severe or perhaps even worse because this ruling has set some sort of precedence? I ask this because technically there is still no established punishment in the NFL rules for video signal stealing. I think there should be an established punishment in place,

3. I have heard at least two journalists state they have it on good authority that several NFL coaches are offended not only with Belichick but oddly enough Mangini for breaking some sort of "code of silence". I don't agree with it personally, I think Belichick was stupid, but it makes me wonder if there aren't other questionable "acceptable" tactics out there that dare not speak their name. Apparently some of these things are just accepted as a pitfall of the game and if you are a victim of these things you give back as good as you got next time- instead of complaining out loud. It will be curious if other coaches give Mangini as much grief for squealing as they do Belichick for doing the act in the first place.

4. I would think in many ways the actual players of the Patriots would be that much more motivated to squash teams in the coming weeks just to prove that they never needed a tactical edge to compete. I don't know if it will actually happen, but if I were on the roster, I would do everything I could to prevent a cheating stigma from sticking. The best way I can think of is showing absolute dominance. Then again, if I were the players I'd feel a little miffed that my coach felt we needed such tactics against inferior teams (such as the Jets).

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

It still boggles my mind how some people think that the video changed the outcome of the Pats/Jets game. The guy was caught and removed, as well as his video taken away, in the 1st quarter. Also, how do we know the Pats were recording the right guy? I listed to WEEI and Steve Diasie (sp?) said that a team normally has 3 guys on the sidelines giving signals. Two of the guys are phony signal callers, while only one is the true caller. He also said that this is a universal practice amongst the NFL. I don't care what you guys say, but I'm taking a former NFL player's advise over anything here. I also still don't understand why it's legal to use binocaculars from the press box to "spy" but not use a camera? It's like taking a test in school and your teacher saying "You can cheat off of the person in front of you, but not the person to your side."

Another thing that was very stupid, was the comments from LaDanian Tomlinson and Shawn Merriman. How much of an idiot can you be, by saying stupid comments about a team, the week before your play them? Don't you think the Patriots will be sitting on that in the lockerroom, and have these guy's numbers?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The video wasn't to be used in last Sunday's game. They were recording for their next game.

Then the Jets would be idiots for not changing their signals/tendencies.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The video wasn't to be used in last Sunday's game. They were recording for their next game.

Perhaps, but that's not really the issue. Are stores idiots for having candy out in the open for people to steal it? Is the IRS idiots because people can cheat on their taxes? Is your high school trigonometry teacher an idiot because you could copy answers off a classmate?

You know, we're living in a society!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Okay I've been trying to sift through many of these posts trying to find answers But I think it will be faster to simply add questions in this post and risk asking something that's already been answered rather than reading all these off-topic swipes.

That said;

1. While using video cameras to steal opposing team's signals is apparently illegal in the NFL, the actual act of stealing signals is in fact NOT against the rules. I'd like to say that again. So if I send a guy out there with binoculars, a notepad, and a cellphone- that's okay, but using a camcorder is not. :blink: Huh? To me this sounds like shooting someone with a gun is murder, but stabbing them is not. I know enforcing an anti-espionage would be difficult but not impossible, but shouldn't there be at least a gentleman's rule stating the very act is wrong to begin with?

2. Does this mean that if other teams are guilty of doing the same thing that their punishments will be just as severe or perhaps even worse because this ruling has set some sort of precedence? I ask this because technically there is still no established punishment in the NFL rules for video signal stealing. I think there should be an established punishment in place,

3. I have heard at least two journalists state they have it on good authority that several NFL coaches are offended not only with Belichick but oddly enough Mangini for breaking some sort of "code of silence". I don't agree with it personally, I think Belichick was stupid, but it makes me wonder if there aren't other questionable "acceptable" tactics out there that dare not speak their name. Apparently some of these things are just accepted as a pitfall of the game and if you are a victim of these things you give back as good as you got next time- instead of complaining out loud. It will be curious if other coaches give Mangini as much grief for squealing as they do Belichick for doing the act in the first place.

4. I would think in many ways the actual players of the Patriots would be that much more motivated to squash teams in the coming weeks just to prove that they never needed a tactical edge to compete. I don't know if it will actually happen, but if I were on the roster, I would do everything I could to prevent a cheating stigma from sticking. The best way I can think of is showing absolute dominance. Then again, if I were the players I'd feel a little miffed that my coach felt we needed such tactics against inferior teams (such as the Jets).

Actually that would be illegal too, as cell phones aren't allowed on the sidelines either.

That said;

There's a HUGE difference between writing signals down and videotaping them so you can zoom in and notice the variations. Human memories are fallible, videotape isn't. That's why using a camcorder it so bad.

I think it would only be fair if future violators received an equal punishment to what the Patriots received. I think the NFL intended this to be both precedent and a deterrent.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't you read anything Fred and I said about SIGINT?

Today, we are all otaku.

i had always thought that they could have cameras on the field for game film purposes...but i guess not

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

With tonite's game, it begs the question. What's LT and Merriman's excuse now?

I don't think anyone disputed that this year's Patriots team was loaded. Which makes Bellichick's decision to add to his film library even more disappointing.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived