Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Both sides get paid. These aren't high school kids, these are professionals, which means it's a job. Since it's a matter of a job, it's not the Cheaters' job to stop themselves, it's the defense's job. If these defenses can't do their jobs, they end up on the business end of 56-10, 52-7, etc.

The Patriots may get paid, but they are about as professional as your typical ABA franchise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both sides get paid. These aren't high school kids, these are professionals, which means it's a job. Since it's a matter of a job, it's not the Cheaters' job to stop themselves, it's the defense's job. If these defenses can't do their jobs, they end up on the business end of 56-10, 52-7, etc.

I agree. Think about it .... if a company and it's employees decided to "slow" down just out of sympathy for their competitors I'm sure there would be a lot of upset people (eg. workers, shareholders, capitalists etc.) So, why would pro football players be any different?

I saw, I came, I left.

I agree. Think about it .... if a company and it's employees decided to "slow" down just out of sympathy for their competitors I'm sure there would be a lot of upset people (eg. workers, shareholders, capitalists etc.) So, why would pro football players be any different?

Because I don't want to see my favorite team get beat 56-10.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And now my stance on this issue has changed. I was against the Patriots running up the score, but after thinking this over, I figured "Hey, it isn't high school. These aren't kids. These are grown men, and they're paid to do their job." And Quad's (sorry for the throwback. ^_^) post proves it. Why should a company slow down if their competitors are slow? And would they slow down? Heck no, they want that money. And I guess it's the same with the Patriots. They aren't going to slow down because they want to guarantee victory without a shadow of a doubt. I still hate the Patriots, but I guess now I respect their gangsta. ^_^

And now my stance on this issue has changed. I was against the Patriots running up the score, but after thinking this over, I figured "Hey, it isn't high school. These aren't kids. These are grown men, and they're paid to do their job." And Quad's (sorry for the throwback. ^_^) post proves it. Why should a company slow down if their competitors are slow? And would they slow down? Heck no, they want that money. And I guess it's the same with the Patriots. They aren't going to slow down because they want to guarantee victory without a shadow of a doubt. I still hate the Patriots, but I guess now I respect their gangsta. ^_^

I must use this!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That falls on the shoulders of your favorite team to actually try.

Quoted for truth. Don't want to get beat 56-10? Play better defense!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I see both sides but still disagree with how the Patriots handled it (like they care!). See, what goes around comes around, and players remember these things. What the Patriots have done is similar to stupid trash-talking that ends up on the opponent's bulletin board. It may bite them in the a** someday. Why fire up the other guy unnecessarily?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I see both sides but still disagree with how the Patriots handled it (like they care!). See, what goes around comes around, and players remember these things. What the Patriots have done is similar to stupid trash-talking that ends up on the opponent's bulletin board. It may bite them in the a** someday. Why fire up the other guy unnecessarily?

You're proving my point though -- tell me how they are supposed to handle a drive like that other than going for it on fourth down? Kicking a field goal unnecessarily adds points to the scoreboard, which is running up the score. Going for it gives the Pats a chance to turn the ball over on downs. If the defense cannot stop the Patriots offense whatsoever, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have a high score. The Pats weren't doing anything dirty, the Bills were just playing that poorly.

You're proving my point though -- tell me how they are supposed to handle a drive like that other than going for it on fourth down? Kicking a field goal unnecessarily adds points to the scoreboard, which is running up the score. Going for it gives the Pats a chance to turn the ball over on downs. If the defense cannot stop the Patriots offense whatsoever, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have a high score. The Pats weren't doing anything dirty, the Bills were just playing that poorly.

I don't expect the Patriots to kneel. A FG attempt is fine because that's a reasonable action in that circumstance. Why do teams go for it? Because when the game is still in doubt, they want 7 and not 3. Going for it implies they want the 7, and when you're up by 30+ points late, it's just not right.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is what I said:

"My team sucks and it's not fun watching a team far superior to them stomp their faces in."

This is you guys:

"Yeah! :censored: your team! They suck so bad they deserve to have our team come in, kick their dogs, punch their mothers, and pee on their children! If they don't like it, they should step up!"

And, still, people wonder why no one likes the Patriots.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is what I said:

"My team sucks and it's not fun watching a team far superior to them stomp their faces in."

This is you guys:

"Yeah! :censored: your team! They suck so bad they deserve to have our team come in, kick their dogs, punch their mothers, and pee on their children! If they don't like it, they should step up!"

I'm sorry -- do you want to remind me, a Patriots fan, when I said anything like that?

This is what I said:

This is you guys:

I'm sorry -- do you want to remind me, a Patriots fan, when I said anything like that?

...pretty sure that was metaphoric. having stuck up for you though dsgitlin, i'd have to say that you're being a little dramatic. what everyone is saying is right. its not the pats fault that your team sucks and you don't enjoy watching them get destroyed, its your teams fault for sucking so bad. and since you used that analogy, if someone came in, kicked your dog, punched your mom, and peed on your kid wouldn't you try to stop them? and if you couldn't, wouldn't you use that as some motivation to take some kung fu classes so you'd be a little more prepared if they ever came back? or at least buy a gun or something. see, its not up to them to stop kicking your dog, its up to you to stop them from kicking your dog. make more sense now? they don't hate you, they just want you to stop whining, brush yourself off, and fight better.

now, going for it on 4th when in field goal range isn't mercy, isn't giving the d another chance to stop you, isn't anything like that when your team is up by 30. its proving that your team is so good that they don't have to kick for three, its adding insult to injury, its RUNNING UP THE SCORE. kicking the field goal there is what you do when you want to protect a lead and need to keep scoring points. when you're up 30, you kick the field goal and go up by 33. you don't go for it every time until you're up 37. don't misunderstand, i don't have a problem with it and i feel that the pats are justified in dismantling the teams of fans who continue to call them cheaters and what not, but people (especially pats fans) call it what it is.

making a statement.

its not the pats fault that your team sucks and you don't enjoy watching them get destroyed, its your teams fault for sucking so bad.

Right. I don't disagree. I should have been more clear when I said "I don't like watching my team lose 56-10." What I meant to express is that it sucks watching your team be so bad that they lose in such a rout. What I took umbrage with is when I admitted my team sucks, the Pats fans were quick to tell that my team really sucks.

All I'm saying is, there's grace in humility.

The Patriots may get paid, but they are about as professional as your typical ABA franchise.

You couldn't be any more a crybaby homer. How are the Patriots "unprofessional"?

You are a broken record. Blah blah blah, this is why I hate the Patriots, they beat my team in the Super Bowl, I think they cheated, blah blah blah.

Get over it. The Titans did.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You couldn't be any more a crybaby homer. How are the Patriots "unprofessional"?

You are a broken record. Blah blah blah, this is why I hate the Patriots, they beat my team in the Super Bowl, I think they cheated, blah blah blah.

Get over it. The Titans did.

... I'm sure Panthers and Eagles fans are over it as well...

I saw, I came, I left.

For those of you that do this sort of thing.....

The Patriots are a 23.5 point favorite against the Eagles. Whoa.

Upon hearing the line for Sunday's game, Donovan McNabb proceeded to throw up.

Much like I did when I heard this. [/minor threadjack]

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

For those of you that do this sort of thing.....

The Patriots are a 23.5 point favorite against the Eagles. Whoa.

NFC team + Normal QB might not play + Patriots playing out of their mind = 23.5 point line.

Archived