Bill Wirtz

DEAD!

Prayers for his family, but otherwise...this calls for celebration, right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It is sad, but outside of the Wirtz family and crusty NHL executives, I doubt there will be anyone, especially in Chicago, mourning the passing of Bill Wirtz. He became the embodiment of everything wrong and backward with the franchise, and can at least be partially faulted for the Blackhawks tumble from being the #2 team in town in the 1960s to having a posiiton alongside the likes of the Fire and the Sky today.

Of course, what remains to be seen is whether his passing will lead to any change in the organization, or if they're just going to stick with what, in the deluded minds of Hawk management, "works." The smartest thing they could do right now is start working with Comcast SportsNet on a deal to televise each and every home game, either this season or next. For hockey fans in Chicago, that could be the best possible way to show that legitimate change has come to the franchise. I dare say that, if the Hawks made the announcement their home games would be on TV beginning either this season or next, you'd see a jump of several thousand in season ticket sales next year, regardless of the team's performance this season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ding dong the witch is dead. This comes as a relief to all of the Hawks fans across Chicago. Wirtz lived way too much in the past and was never willing to alter any of his philosophies as time went on. I wish the best to his family, but this is huge for the franchise. I am really interested to what move the club takes. They gotta make a move and try to get every game on television. I truly believe that the Blackhawks have a chance to win back this market as a top team.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

My condolences to the Wirtz family, and congratulations to myself and the other Blackhawks fans out there around the world. Perhaps now, hockey fans in the Chicagoland area will be able to see a home game on television.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, we do get to see Wayne Messmer sing the National Anthem, and get to hear Pat Foley call the action, for 40 home games a year (plus playoffs) on Comcast - but that's for the hockey team in town which has actually displayed an interest in keeping its fans over the past 13 years.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ahhh the Blackhawks will now be free to play good enough.... on tv and elsewhere! Bill Wirtz wont be able to mangle up this franchise anymore but I am concerned one of his kids might do the same method Bill did... if they did, the Blackhawks would be in big trouble once again....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

His death sucks, but for the blackhawks, this is what they've been needing for the past 30 years. I just hope some Wirtz legacy doesn't take the helm.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, it was bound to have happened sooner or later. I dunno whether to feel bad about the guy, even with part of the charitable work he has done (read the article), or to be "Huzzah!" over this news, given how he ruined the Blackhawks. Hopefully, there'll be a new horizon for the Hawks.

UBwef0L.png

I would be willing to share Jay Mariotti with you.

I want in on that. And if Mike North happens to get caught in the crossfire, well, double combo bonus.

and no, the Wolves don't count, in my book

...says the man who supports Leeds. :D

Ahem, the UNDEFEATED Leeds United :D

Ahem, the undefeated IN THE THIRD DIVISION Leeds. :D

At least the Wolves are in the second level of US pro hockey. Plus, well, they're obviously better run than the Hackhawks. Or, one could argue, Leeds these days. *heh*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived