Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference is the Phillies had a Manager the Mets had a guy talking about turning pages, and drinking Champagne, they lost focus they choked.

If you think Charlie Manuel is a good manager, you really don't know baseball. This is a guy that routinely screws up double-switches, puts in relief pitchers before pinch-hitters are officially introduced, pulls pitchers who are throwing shutouts so he can turn the game over to Alfonseca and Geoff Geary, etc. Hell - the players can't even understand a damn word he says because every time he opens his mouth all that comes out is "down home" jibberish.

You heard it here first:

NATIONALS IN '08!!!

i second that. But in 2009!

Fixed that post like a dog.

Well Manuel will win Manager of the Year and is a Bazillion Times better then Williot.

Speaking of Dogs is it me or does that guy behind home plate have a dog in his lap?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This game is quickly turning into an instant classic

Only if the winner of this game does something in the playoffs. If the winner of this game ends up getting swept or is knocked out in the first round then it is a memorable but not classic game. If they win the first series and make a challenge in the NLCS then it possible moves in the classic category. If the winner ends up going to the Worlds Series then this most definitely eill be considered one of the all-time classics.

This game is quickly turning into an instant classic

Only if the winner of this game does something in the playoffs. If the winner of this game ends up getting swept or is knocked out in the first round then it is a memorable but not classic game. If they win the first series and make a challenge in the NLCS then it possible moves in the classic category. If the winner ends up going to the Worlds Series then this most definitely eill be considered one of the all-time classics.

Speaking of which, the longer this game drags on, I can't help but think that the Phillies are salivating about playing the winner after this drawn out affair.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And that's probably the ball game....

2 run HR, 8-6 Padres

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You heard it here first:

MARLINS IN '08!!!

i second that. But in 2009!

Fixed that post like a dog.

Funny, I don't remember saying Nationals. Nor did I give you permission to misquote me or put words in my mouth.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Holliday ties it with a RBI triple.

God, how I hate and love this game at the same time.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived