2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Was at the game last night. Once again, a crazy one.

The officiating was pretty bad and played mostly in the Flyers favor, but the pens still won (despite what ive heard to be a disallowed goal, though I havent seen the replay yet [plays reviewed in Toronto arent shown on the jumbotron]).

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is kinda off topic, but while we're on the subject of bad officiating, did anybody catch the USA vs. Finland game yesterday? Man, I thought John Tortorella's head was going to explode.

Back to the subject at hand.

Should that Pens' goal have counted? Well, I think it crossed the line. But if the replay guys can't see it crossing the line because the goalie is on top of it, then it is an inconclusive replay and there is no goal. Biron had his trapper on the puck and you couldn't see it going in the net. Them's the breaks.

thecatch.jpg

The officiating was pretty bad and played mostly in the Flyers favor, but the pens still won (despite what ive heard to be a disallowed goal, though I havent seen the replay yet [plays reviewed in Toronto arent shown on the jumbotron]).

Not to gripe about the officials, but if you think the Flyers got the better end of the calls, then you were watching a different game.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Not to gripe about the officials, but if you think the Flyers got the better end of the calls, then you were watching a different game.

It's Maz, he sees what he wants to.

:P

Hi, how are you?

Again, point out where I stated that the "world revolves around" me? When you post something, especially sarcastic, expect people to respond. That's how a message board works. People read and respond.

As long as you point out where I referred to you by name. That should make us even, right?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Seriously?

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The officiating last night was horrible, and crystal-clearly the Flyers got the worst of it. Even I can see that - but again, there's bad calls in every game - sometimes when it's "your team", you only remember the bad ones, not the favorable ones.

There was no replays that showed the disallowed goal crossing the line, and while most people (myself included) can see that it pretty much had to cross the line, the Flyers got lucky that the glove obscured every good angle of it. If it had been called a goal, I honestly think that it would have had to have been overturned. Count that one as a break for the Flyers - but not a bad call by the refs.

The Penguins are clearly the better team in this series (especially with the Flyers' top D pairing out), I can only hope that 2000 repeats itself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do I have the feeling Ronny boy is heading to Ottawa?

Don't forget the coach-less neighbour to the south. :P

At least your GM can coach.. wait.. at least you have a GM... lol

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Also, Ron Wilson just got canned.

Welcome to Vancouver, Ron.

Wow, Brendan Morrow JUST made an ass out of himself by going in hard to the boards attempting to hit a Detroit player, and he just went into the dressing room.

Ryan Getzlaf scored only about 30 seconds into the Canada/Finland game today.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Also, Ron Wilson just got canned.

Welcome to Vancouver, Ron.

Wow, Brendan Morrow JUST made an ass out of himself by going in hard to the boards attempting to hit a Detroit player, and he just went into the dressing room.

Ryan Getzlaf scored only about 30 seconds into the Canada/Finland game today.

You've lost me. :blink:

Edit: Luckily Brendan was alright, but I don't see them coming back. Sorry Stars fans.

Hi, how are you?

So... how 'bout those Stars? 0-3 are they? :D

Yeah, be an ass about it.

Just ignore me, I'm only trying to get under Korbyn's skin. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived