The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

Rather than post up a new thread for each successive week, I've edited and amended this thread which was originally for week 5. This way, we can keep track of all things uni-related over the course of the NFL season...in one central location!

Okay, so let's get on to this...

********************************************************************************

(Originally from Week 5)

As I noted earlier in the Titans thread, the look the Titans are sporting today, with the white dome over navy shirts over luv ya blue pants, looks rather nice, in a Wyoming Cowboys kind of way.

Also worth noting, since we're already speaking of navy: the St. Louis Rams are in navy...from head to toe. Never thought I'd see it. (Unless they did this before and I just ain't catch it then.) Which means the Rams have now broken out all three sets of pants they have in their set.

(Hopefully) pics forthcoming...

Anyone else got anything to add?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams all blue = meh

Not a uniform rant, but if anyone's watching that game (Joplin Fox is stuck with it but K.C. Fox will have Tampa-Indy at 3, a real benefit to getting all stations from both markets on cable), ya notice that it's Fox Sports Net's scorebar at the top instead of NFL on Fox's? FSN Midwest is based out of St. Louis. Makes me think the primary graphics system crashed and they brought in Plan B.

Rams all blue = meh

Not a uniform rant, but if anyone's watching that game (Joplin Fox is stuck with it but K.C. Fox will have Tampa-Indy at 3, a real benefit to getting all stations from both markets on cable), ya notice that it's Fox Sports Net's scorebar at the top instead of NFL on Fox's? FSN Midwest is based out of St. Louis. Makes me think the primary graphics system crashed and they brought in Plan B.

Yes.

They did it during Week 17 with 49ers/Broncos.

bSLCtu2.png

Rams all blue = meh

Yes.

They did it during Week 17 with 49ers/Broncos.

I remember that. The Fox truck that was supposed to get there couldn't due to a blizzard, so they called in FSN Rocky Mountain's truck.

But I wonder what happened in this particular case?

I think the gold stripes are a new addition to those, but I could be mistaken.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the Rams just need to add a navy-white-navy stripe to thier gold pants, drop the other two pants, and call it a day.

Yeah--because I think they may be the only NFL team to have three pairs of pants...NONE of which match each other, stripe-wise.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Well, the Rams lost in the blue pants again. Dangit...what is wrong with wearing the golds? It's kind of like Notre Dame stubbornly trotting out that green alt, only to lose...

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe I just ain't been catching it enough...but it seems to me a good many Seahawks players broke out them neon-green gloves again today. I first noticed those in Super Bowl Xtra Large. Like it mattered...they still lost.

(Off-topic--sorta: think whoever came up with that ingenious idea to stick that green radio dot on the backs of QBs' helmets had a little Seahawk fever in them? think almost blends in naturally with the Seahawks' overall look...)

Those titans uniforms weren't too bad looking. My fave uniform of theres is still their basic navy on white look.

The Rams look great in gold pants, I don't understand why they waste time wearing those garish navy pants.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I didn't like the Titans combo at all. Too much blue going on around there. the Navy top looks better w/white pants IMO. I just all looked very odd in the highlights. They should ditch the Navy pants and keep the columbia blue and white pants.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Well, the Rams lost in the blue pants again. Dangit...what is wrong with wearing the golds? It's kind of like Notre Dame stubbornly trotting out that green alt, only to lose...

The Rams lose in all pants.

Its not the pants why they keep losing.

What is wrong with changing it up every-now-and-then? They look fine in navy jerseys and gold pants. But, do they have to wear it 10 times a year?

They have the navy pants. Might as well wear them sometimes. They look good.

The Redskins wear white at home...again. They played terifically, to my delight, but i still want Gibbs' head just so I can see the burgundy.

Titans combo blows. Ditch all pants but the white and lose the baby blue alt. That just looks terrible no matter what pants they use it with. The navy jersey/white pants is the way to go.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

The Rams lose in all pants.

Its not the pants why they keep losing.

What is wrong with changing it up every-now-and-then? They look fine in navy jerseys and gold pants. But, do they have to wear it 10 times a year?

They have the navy pants. Might as well wear them sometimes. They look good.

Yes, but those losses are usually of the soul scarring, season shattering variety. And it's only twenty times a year, so really is it that hard to watch them wear them?

Today, we are all otaku.

2 DB's on the packers were wearing black tape over their cleats, showing only a little yellow on the toe. besides the cleat/tape color infraction they also featured no white sock at all. I'm sure they'll be fined, but they looked phenomenal and provided proof that the pack would look much better in black.

Archived