The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish that your wish never comes true no white sock showing looks like complete ASS!

Did someone mention ASS???

293138076_072158e697_o.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

billscowboys.png

something i kinda noticed and i'm not sure if its the lighting or what but the bills helmets seem a bit cream colored. unless its always been this way and i just now noticed it.

It is the lighting - the Bills throwbacks are just plain white shells. These days a lot of the teams with white helmets have "dazzle" finishes so they appear a more brilliant white under the lights - like the Chargers new helmets, for example. Now when you see a plain white helmet it appears less "white" compared to the "dazzle" finish.

I agree, what do most Bills fans say because the marketing people for the Bills say that the fans and the players love the current unis and I just don't believe it.

I smell a conspiracy here too by the Bills Marketing Dept. Wonder if there's any such "Freedom of Information Act" that we could use to request the REAL poll results. I too have a hard time believing that a conservative football city like Buffalo likes the navy jersey/navy pants Any Given Sunday look.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

About whites in socks...I think SOME not ALL teams could get away with this...it seems to maybe look OK with the teams that have lighter colored pants like a silver pant with blue socks in Detroit or an all red with SF's gold...MAYBE. I was just in the Steeler's locker room yesterday (yes, work paid me to take a tour of Heinz and I'm not complaining) and I took a picture of two posters on the wall about uniforms. One was like a book with fine print that you can't see in the photo and the other has uniform violations with diagrams beside the descriptions. How do they get away with it weekly? Do these guys get fined? There are a ton of guys that show little or no whites on the sock like the rule states.

KISSwall09.jpg

I actually HAVE those two posters you're talking about hanging on the wall of my office. (I'm looking at them right now!) I grabbed them out of the trash outside of the locker room this august in Canton, the morning after the Hall of Fame preseason game. And it's true... there are all sorts of tiny rules that NFL players break every game. Not just about the sox, but about the (yes... you guessed it) SLEEVES. Apparently there IS a rule about players sleeves being long enough to cover the shoulder pads completely. I guess they just ignore it.

I agree, what do most Bills fans say because the marketing people for the Bills say that the fans and the players love the current unis and I just don't believe it.

Considering the sales of the Buffaslugs, we can safely surmise that Buffalonians will buy ANYTHING. Their marketing dept can kiss that argument bye bye.

Considering the sales of the Buffaslugs, we can safely surmise that Buffalonians will buy ANYTHING. Their marketing dept can kiss that argument bye bye.

Well, most Buffalonians aren't on this board...ie obsessing over every minor uniform detail. From everybody I know, they all love the throwbacks and are "eh ok" on the current look. Also, the Sabres were on fire last year. When the team's hot...sales are hot.

Well, most Buffalonians aren't on this board...ie obsessing over every minor uniform detail. From everybody I know, they all love the throwbacks and are "eh ok" on the current look. Also, the Sabres were on fire last year. When the team's hot...sales are hot.

Quoted for truth. Most people (including me) love the throwbacks and think the currents are ok.

saBS.png

Welcome to Week 6.

I guess the biggest uniform-related note comes courtesy of the New York Jets/Titans.

The Jets, or Titans, or whatever they choose to call themselves today, are playing in said Titans throwback uniforms today.

For those who haven't seen the uniform yet, pictures, and a whole lot of commentary on them, are available in this thread.

More week 6 uniform notes, rants, and raves to come, either from me or from somebody up in here, as they become available.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived