The OFFICIAL Weekly NFL Uniform Notes, Rants & Raves Thread

tBBP

I agree w/ Badgeman, I love the orange.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jags are un-surprisingly in all-black. I think it is actually one of my favorite monochrome looks. Very viewer-friendly against the all-white of the Colts.

edit: (just beat ya Bucco, looks like your longer, well thought out posts worked against you this time. ^_^ )

MegatronSig2.jpg

Jacksonville is hosting yet another AllTEAL night tonight (a play on the former name of the stadium, Alltel), as they seem to like to do for Monday night games.

Here's the funny thing (another thing they love to do for Monday night games): they're decked out in the all-black.

So far, I can't recall the Jags having lost a game when rocking the all-black. We'll see what happens tonight, though. Should be bery, bery interesting.

(Kinda uniform-related: check out Jack Del Rio's garb. Dude's all nice and dappered-up with his washed-out teal dress shirt--with rolled-up sleeves, of course--and stone-shaded gray pants and what appears to be some Stacy Adams shoes...give the guy credit for attempting some type of dapper style, which is more than be said for a certain "genius" up in the Northeast somewhere--even if he wasn't in his familiar cut-off hoodie on Sunday.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(Kinda uniform-related: check out Jack Del Rio's garb. Dude's all nice and dappered-up with his washed-out teal dress shirt--with rolled-up sleeves, of course--and stone-shaded gray pants and what appears to be some Stacy Adams shoes...give the guy credit for attempting some type of dapper style, which is more than be said for a certain "genius" up in the Northeast somewhere--even if he wasn't in his familiar cut-off hoodie on Sunday.)

Dull Rio better worry more about coaching his team and making the playoffs instead of his dapper dress.

If he doesn't make the playoffs this year, that suit will look good in the closet next year. Because it will be so-long Jack.

Someone named "Vic" posted this at Jaguars.com:

Tom from West Falls, NY: The asterisk at the end of the article gets me every time. Thanks for adding the Marion Jones line now, too; classic Vic right there. No question in this one. I just can't believe the Jags fans always want a controversy; starting QB, RB, what color to wear. I wish the Bills had the problem of figuring out what color jersey to wear when they are 4-1. Good luck on Monday. I'll be watching.

Vic: You know we?ve reached the end of the line in the current trend in uniform fashion when the throwbacks start looking better than the regular uniforms. The throwbacks the Bills used against the Cowboys were stunning. They provided wonderful color and made the current uniforms look like little kids pajamas. Isn?t it time we abandon all this drab, dark-color crap and invite color into our lives again? Our football uniforms are beginning to make us look like a behind-the-Iron-Curtain country.

Packers-2.png

So far, I can't recall the Jags having lost a game when rocking the all-black. We'll see what happens tonight, though. Should be bery, bery interesting.

The Shaguars are a mediocre 3-3 in the ridiculous all-black Any Given Sunday leotards. Too many teams have this all-black look and is NOT unique: Jaguars, Ravens, Falcons, Bengals, Saints...and then there's the monochrome Broncos, Seahawks, Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, Rams. STOP THE MADNESS!! :wacko:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Shaguars are a mediocre 3-3 in the ridiculous all-black Any Given Sunday leotards. Too many teams have this all-black look and is NOT unique: Jaguars, Ravens, Falcons, Bengals, Saints...and then there's the monochrome Broncos, Seahawks, Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, Rams. STOP THE MADNESS!! :wacko:

Be glad you haven't seen the KC Chiefs go red on red..on red. At least not yet. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Then Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Colorado, Texas A'M, Texas Tech, California, Arizona, Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Mississippi State, Oregon, Oregon State, Kentucky, West Virginia, Rutgers, South Florida, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Utah, Illinois, Missouri, Hawaii, Boise State, North Carolina State, Maryland and many other smaller conference teams better "stop" too, right?

The fact is that many NFL teams are finally getting with uniform trends. The league is always a few years behind the colleges, in many areas.

There are a few combinations (the Ravens with Purple tops and black pants; the Texans with red jerseys and navy pants and the Vikings in all purple) that haven't been seen yet, that would be fun to see at some point soon). Plus some teams like the Browns (brown pants), Broncos (orange pants), Panthers (black pants), Jags (teal pants) and Redskins (yellow pants) could really add to their look and reprotroire with these additions. And, the Dolphins should bring their aqua pants back again. Their all white look is one of the drabbest and dullest in the NFL. Enough already. We have seen all white on the Phins most of the last 2 years. Yawn.

There are a few combinations (the Ravens with Purple tops and black pants; the Texans with red jerseys and navy pants and the Vikings in all purple) that haven't been seen yet, that would be fun to see at some point soon).

The Ravens did wear purple jerseys/black pants in their initial season of 1996. Most photo sites are blocked to me here, but this is the drawing from the Football Uniforms Past & Present site:

Baltimore96.gif

I'll admit I'm not a fan of the look; I thought it looked worse on the field than it does in these drawings. Of course that solid white stripe doesn't help anything.

Then Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Colorado, Texas A'M, Texas Tech, California, Arizona, Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Mississippi State, Oregon, Oregon State, Kentucky, West Virginia, Rutgers, South Florida, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Utah, Illinois, Missouri, Hawaii, Boise State, North Carolina State, Maryland and many other smaller conference teams better "stop" too, right?

No, I could care less about college teams and what they wear. It's the PROFESSIONAL football that I have a problem with.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Bears are in Orange today against the Lions. Happy Halloween!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jags are wearing teal for the first time this season.

And with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter, Quinn Gray has wisely attempted zero passes.

As a Vikings fan that is forced to watch Tarvaris Jackson, I can say that its sadly comforting to see a slightly worse QB. Unfortunately thats you're rarely-used backup, and TJ is our "future QB."

Jags are wearing teal for the first time this season.

And with 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter, Quinn Gray has wisely attempted zero passes.

As a Vikings fan that is forced to watch Tarvaris Jackson, I can say that its sadly comforting to see a slightly worse QB. Unfortunately thats you're rarely-used backup, and TJ is our "future QB."

As long as we have Taylor and Jones-Drew we will be somewhat OK untill Garrard comes back. Hopefully Gray can change some people's mind before the game is over.

As GREAT as it is to see the Jaguars in teal and white, it's just as terrible to see the Bucs in white pants.......AGAIN.

The reason for this is that Gruden LOVES the white on white look. Which sucks, because the rest of the world doesnt.

SigReflect.png

• 2 weeks later...

So...other than Big Blue going "Big Cherry" on us today...any other interesting lil' uniform anecdotes going on today?

Right now I'm watching Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh (and the Browns is gettin' up in them Steelers' arses). And let me tell you...these "eroding" sleeve stripes are beyond ridiculous. From a uniform perspective, this might be the best-looking game today. But still...these eroding sleeve stripes (due to the cuts of the jerseys + eroding sleeves)...it's getting to be just unbeareable to the eyes.

But anyway...what else is going on in the uniform world of the NFL today???

Carolina's actually wearing their home uniform...which means that the Falcons are wearing their road uniforms, with black pants. My favorite look for the Falcons, oddly.

Odd point of contention for the Panthers: why is it that the Panthers don't ever wear their silver pants with their white jerseys? I can't recall them ever having done that once since 1995. Just something I've always been curious about.

Archived