Best NFL TD rituals

Joshawaggie

espn.com article

I hadn't heard of a couple of these, kind of an interesting read. I can't believe the Lambeau Leap wasn't higher, and they put the Heinz ketchup red zone thing on there, even though it isn't a TD celebration. There's gotta be better ones thanthat out there.

I gotta admit though, it is kind of fun singing "Skol Vikings" when they score, most of the crowd gets in to it, and for those that don't know the song at the beginning of the game, if the Vikes score enough, itt's easy to learn, so there are more people singing it as the game progresses.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I gotta admit, the Endzone Militia is pretty cool, but it doesn't deserve to be number one. The Lambeau Leap is the one that is recongnized the most in the NFL. The only ones I never heard of were the Heinz ketchup bottles and the Buffalo Shout.

The "We're gonna beat the hell out of you" chant in KC is one of my favorites really. I've never been to a Chiefs game so I dunno what it's really like, but they do it at Kansas City Brigade games as well, and it was pretty awesome.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Lambeau lepa is the clear #1 choice, but both the Buc's cannons and Patriots Gun's are in the top 10, if not in the top 5. One thing I do miss about the NFL was the Dirty Bird down in Atlanta. I used to do that dance all the time when I played football.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

I'll judge those celebrations on whether or not I have heard of them before today.

I never heard of the minutemen before today.

I'll put them at 10, simply because it takes skill to keep missing folks when you discharge firearms...even if they are being historically inaccurate by standing their ground out in the open. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh wow...imagine that...ESPN once again pandering to the Patriots... :rolleyes:

And where in the hell is "Hail to the Redskins" in there??? Sorry...this list is pure junk....

Oh please...did you even hear how much against the commentators were against the Patriots last night on Monday Night Football?

Oh wow...imagine that...ESPN once again pandering to the Patriots... :rolleyes:

And where in the hell is "Hail to the Redskins" in there??? Sorry...this list is pure junk....

Oh please...did you even hear how much against the commentators were against the Patriots last night on Monday Night Football?

Nope...because I,like most people, don't bother with that pile of crap ESPN produces on Monday night...

Lambeau Leap is easily #1, however The Bills Shout should be up there. I've never seen any of the others live, but the Bills Shout is amazing. Most if not all of the 73K fans sing it and dance along to it. I get goosebumps every time I hear it.

saBS.png

The Lambeau lepa is the clear #1 choice, but both the Buc's cannons and Patriots Gun's are in the top 10, if not in the top 5. One thing I do miss about the NFL was the Dirty Bird down in Atlanta. I used to do that dance all the time when I played football.

Put in a call to O.J. Santiago...I'm sure he'll school you on the ORIGINAL version... :D

(So many people forget that it was in fact Santiago who set the Dirty Bird craze off before Jamal Anderson took it and made up his own version...and captivated the nation with it. Ah, the days of the Dirty Birds...I miss them days.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Put in a call to O.J. Santiago...I'm sure he'll school you on the ORIGINAL version... :D

(So many people forget that it was in fact Santiago who set the Dirty Bird craze off before Jamal Anderson took it and made up his own version...and captivated the nation with it. Ah, the days of the Dirty Birds...I miss them days.)

according to this, it was the other way around.

:EDIT: i point that out because my younger brother was a falcons fan before he a chiefs fan and adopted a version of it for a td/ sideline dance when he got to high school and wore anderson's number as kind of a tribute to the dance's creator. didn't think that story would hold up as well.

I prefer Jerry Rice's TD celebration over all others.

He flips the ball back to the ref, then he pats the QB on the head.

Then they get ready to watch the kickoff back to the other team.

"when you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before."

Everything else is meaningless.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I've never heard of the Minutemen. What I have heard of is Who Dey, Hail to the Redskins (which should have been included), the Shout, the Pirate Ship, the Lambeau Leap, and the Mile High Salute. The Minutemen? Kiss my ass, ESPN.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I personally couldn't stand the Dirty Bird...thought it looked ridiculous. But then I hate the Falcons. :P

And anyway, that wouldn't make this list because this is more about things involving the fans or the stadium. The Lambeau Leap should definitely be up there as should the Bucs' pirate ship. The End Zone Militia is cool but shouldn't be # 1.

Something I really miss from Saints games in Tulane Stadium is the jazz band. When the Saints scored, they'd strike up a fast jazz version of When the Saints Go Marching In...it sounded something like

(but without the long drum intro) and you could hear it through the whole stadium.

No question that the Sooner Schooner is one of the coolest such traditions in college football.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I had never heard of the Endzone Minutemen - way cool.

KC Chiefs chant is awesome with 78,000 Red clad fans chanting it. This I've heard in person.

What, no Mile High Salute.

Thanks for sharing the article.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I had never heard of the Endzone Minutemen - way cool.

KC Chiefs chant is awesome with 78,000 Red clad fans chanting it. This I've heard in person.

What, no Mile High Salute.

Thanks for sharing the article.

Mile High Salute was only done for, like, two years, so I'm not sure it'd qualify, but it was pretty cool.

DENVER_BRONCOS-salute.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

I thought the Ketchup bottles tipped when the Steelers entered the Red Zone. At least, that's how it worked whenever I saw Pitt play at Heinz.

The top TD tradition is Barry Sanders handing the ball to the ref, then returning to the sidelines.

Archived