Redskins to wear #21 in Pro Bowl

darkshadow1031

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to be insensitive to this unfortunate incident, but enough IS enough.

I mean for god's sake, plenty of people have died in sports.

I can't remember a tribute this extensive and this league wide for a guy who really wasn't any different that anyone else. Did Pat Tillman get the same tribute? Seriously, I'm just asking, because I don't remember it lasting this long. THAT guy deserved a tribute, he quit football to go fight in the war oversees at a time when 9-11 was still fresh in many people's minds.

I was watching the Green Bay/NY game this weekend and saw a "21" on Favre's helmet and thought to myself "Is that really necessary?" The guy didn't even play for the Packers.

I was watching the Green Bay/NY game this weekend and saw a "21" on Favre's helmet and thought to myself "Is that really necessary?" The guy didn't even play for the Packers.

It wasn't necessary. But it was the players' choice at that point. The NFL only mandated it for one week (which I actually disagreed with).

I think this is a very fitting tribute for his teammates, and I'm happy the NFL is allowing it. It's a nice way to honor him since he was voted into the Pro Bowl.

I hate to be insensitive to this unfortunate incident, but enough IS enough.

I mean for god's sake, plenty of people have died in sports.

I can't remember a tribute this extensive and this league wide for a guy who really wasn't any different that anyone else. Did Pat Tillman get the same tribute? Seriously, I'm just asking, because I don't remember it lasting this long. THAT guy deserved a tribute, he quit football to go fight in the war oversees at a time when 9-11 was still fresh in many people's minds.

damn right, Pat Tillman was a freakin hero. Rember when Jake Plumer was fined for wearing his decal for more then one week?

Also, where was the tribute to Williams and Nash?

I think this is a very fitting tribute for his teammates, and I'm happy the NFL is allowing it. It's a nice way to honor him since he was voted into the Pro Bowl.

::co-signed::

::co-signed::

The NFL should retire the number 40 for all teams in honor of Pat Tillman, in my opinion. The dude sacrificed his life for a country that doesn't care. It's downright shameful.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but Shawn Taylor's just a dude who got shot. However, I have no problem with his teammates honoring him.

Sigs are for sissies.

The NFL should retire the number 40 for all teams in honor of Pat Tillman, in my opinion. The dude sacrificed his life for a country that doesn't care. It's downright shameful.

Agreed. Tillman could've been the next Ronnie Lott type player, as he was great just before he left. Then he dies in action, and the league lets teams pay repsect for one week, before fining Jake Plummer because he was honoring his friend. And now when the NFl has Sean Taylor die during the season, they let two players wear his number in the pro bowl, and just about every player in the league to wear that decal. The way I see it, it's not about if you die or not, it's if you're popular. Good job NFL!

Although that might've just been the previous commissioner compared to Roger though.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Agreed. Tillman could've been the next Ronnie Lott type player, as he was great just before he left. Then he dies in action, and the league lets teams pay repsect for one week, before fining Jake Plummer because he was honoring his friend. And now when the NFl has Sean Taylor die during the season, they let two players wear his number in the pro bowl, and just about every player in the league to wear that decal. The way I see it, it's not about if you die or not, it's if you're popular. Good job NFL!

Although that might've just been the previous commissioner compared to Roger though.

If it was Tagliabue who put tried to put the kibosh on Plummer, I have one thing to say: Good riddance.

Sigs are for sissies.

I think it's more of a situation of Roger Goodell looking at the mess that was made between the commissioner's office and Jake Plummer and deciding that getting finicky with uniform rules when another player dies is stupid. I mean if I'm Roger Goodell that's that situation I look at as how not to handle the Sean Taylor memorial.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nope, sorry, can't agree with you guys - but only because by doing so it'd be perceived as the NFL giving preferential rememberance to Tillman when many active NFL players died during WWII and Korea.

nav-logo.png

Nope, sorry, can't agree with you guys - but only because by doing so it'd be perceived as the NFL giving preferential rememberance to Tillman when many active NFL players died during WWII and Korea.

But weren't a lot of those guys drafted?

But weren't a lot of those guys drafted?

Maybe, but not all of them. That's the point.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Will Samuels have to report as an ineligible receiver every down? Or do they throw that rule out the window for the Pro Bowl?

I have to commend them for what they are doing, which is: "Cooley and Samuels each will wear his own name on the back of the jersey, above the No. 21. The jerseys will be auctioned after the game, with the proceeds benefiting the Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund that was established for Taylor's daughter, Jackie."

Long before Pat Tillman there was a man named Bob Kalsu...

Archived