49ers uniform change coming up

JustForFun

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see this posted yet, and I hope it's not a dupe. I caught it from one of Paul Lukas' sites:

New 49er uniforms? Look for them in 2009

Seeing as what they have now is indescribably ugly, maybe it'll be an improvement?

CFL_Gold_Miners.gif

I liked the addition of black to the logo and I kind of liked the white pants as opposed to the gold....but I've always wished they could incorporate something more into the logo than SF...like a pick axe ...you know...49ers...miners...gold rush......keeping the SF but adding a pick axe like the one on the defunct CFL team, the Sacramento Gold Miners.

Sure...because their last substantial attempt to alter the helmet logo went over so well. :rolleyes:

Anyway the pickaxe would make it too busy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There's no need to change the 'Niners helmet logo. Its perfect the way it is. I'll go a step further and say that it is about as perfect of a helmet logo as one can have. Its simple, fits nicely on the helmet, and is very legible from far away. I'd put it in the same iconic category as the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, and Giants.

jerry_rice4.jpg

Thin the pants stripes (it's 2009, not 1989), and you have what is pretty much a perfect uniform.

Of course, you'd expect them NOT to do that...

And I miss those Falcons duds as an aside...

Drop the sleeve stripes, thin the pants stripes, match the golds.

Maybe put a logo patch on the left shoulder, and you're done.

I'll buy that, with one addition. Get some gold on the jersey. Outline the numbers in gold, I suppose.

And I loved that Falcons look too.

I agree completely. Get some gold on the jersey and its perfect.

Around the first week of the season, Mike Nolan gave a radio interview and said he wanted to change the uniforms back to what he remembered as a kid, when his father coached there.

Mike Nolan really needs to stop coaching already so that he can pursue his dream job as the 49ers equipment manager without any more distractions.

There's no need to change the 'Niners helmet logo. Its perfect the way it is. I'll go a step further and say that it is about as perfect of a helmet logo as one can have. Its simple, fits nicely on the helmet, and is very legible from far away. I'd put it in the same iconic category as the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, and Giants.

O/T You don't consider the Rams' "horns" iconic?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nah, he's just a throwback coach.

Back in the day, every coach set the team's uniform standards. That was part of his job.

If he doesn't start winning some games, he won't be any type of coach.

Exactly. Tinkering with the uniforms and applying to wear a suit would be great if he were winning, but when he's coaching a team as bad as the 49ers, it just makes it looks like he's busy "playing coach" instead of actually coaching a professional team.

O/T You don't consider the Rams' "horns" iconic?

Y'know what bugs me most about the Rams' horns? The fact that Colorado St. stole them and made them actually look better. Of course the Rams eventually switched from the yellow to gold horns, but it still came years after CSU did it.

I guess they're iconic. Maybe in the same way that the Vikings horns are iconic. I guess I really gravitate towards simple logos that work well on their own without the need of a helmet. The Vikings and Rams horns need to be displayed on a helmet to work, where as the other ones I mentioned above work independently on all media.

I'm nit picking....so.....yah...they're iconic. ^_^

There is nothing wrong with the current 49ers jerseys, and they're tons better than the 80s version.

There, I said it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There is nothing wrong with the current 49ers jerseys, and they're tons better than the 80s version.

There, I said it.

..and I agree with you 100%. I love the uniforms the niners have at the moment. Hell, I have 2 of them hanging up in my closet as we speak. I think it's the perfect version of a modern upgrade without losing some of the aspects of the "classic" football uniform. If I had to change one thing about it though, it would be ditching the drop shadowed numbers altogher.

Archived