49ers uniform change coming up

JustForFun

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they don't go back to the 80s set. I agree the helmet wasn't the best, but the drop shadow numbers always gave the set an 'old west/prospector' feel to it that they should keep. I could go along with dropping the logos from the sleeves since it isn't a great look anyway. Of course if they do go back to the 80s set, they need to include the mismatching helmet and pants combo (gold/tan). If you're going to do ugly, do it right.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

This is depressing. Save for the sleeve stripes, the current 49ers uniform ranks as one of my favorites in the league. Their shade of red is fantastic, and I think that the black complements everything perfectly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jerry_rice4.jpg

Thin the pants stripes (it's 2009, not 1989), and you have what is pretty much a perfect uniform.

Of course, you'd expect them NOT to do that...

And I miss those Falcons duds as an aside...

Drop the sleeve stripes, thin the pants stripes, match the golds.

Maybe put a logo patch on the left shoulder, and you're done.

I didn't see this posted yet, and I hope it's not a dupe. I caught it from one of Paul Lukas' sites:

New 49er uniforms? Look for them in 2009

Seeing as what they have now is indescribably ugly, maybe it'll be an improvement?

CFL_Gold_Miners.gif

I liked the addition of black to the logo and I kind of liked the white pants as opposed to the gold....but I've always wished they could incorporate something more into the logo than SF...like a pick axe ...you know...49ers...miners...gold rush......keeping the SF but adding a pick axe like the one on the defunct CFL team, the Sacramento Gold Miners.

This is depressing. Save for the sleeve stripes, the current 49ers uniform ranks as one of my favorites in the league. Their shade of red is fantastic, and I think that the black complements everything perfectly.

I'm with you on this here. I myself see the Niners' set as one of the tops in the league. Love the colors, too. Of course, I don't think a little tuning up would hurt--unless they consider "tune-up" to be a total revamp and blow the whole mess.

BUT...I promise many cerebellums are spinning as we read/speak/type about possible new looks--and possible impending concept posts--for the new 49er look...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I never understood why they added black to the colorset. In my opinion it adds nothing, looks terrible as a drop shadow, and they already were using white as an accent color in a perfectly fine way in their classic '80s uniforms.

I hope they keep the gold pants though - the white '90s throwback pants were awful. They never made much sense with the gold helmets.

I find this news to be a bit disapointing because it kind of sounds like they're considering a return to the old 80's duds (emphasis on DUDS).

Although the current uniforms are a bit overdone, I really like the colors they chose, the even distribution of black accents, what they did to the helmet, and the matching of the golds.

If they really have to go retro, I hope they skip back past the 80's unis and go all the way back to the throwback unis that Steve Young won the Super Bowl in. I believe they were the impetus for the uniforms they currently wear today.

They should have just used the exact same ones that Young wore. Those uniforms were beautifully simple; the drop shadow black worked so well making the numbers pop. The overdesign of their current uniforms makes the numbers overly muddled and harder to read. The Dolphins have the exact same problem with their numbers.

Who knows what will happen in 2009, but I hope they don't get lazy and bring back the 80's duds just for the sake of changing.

imo....... the only thing black that I want to see is the shoes. I thought it looked good on the Niners this year. I would like for then to go back to the old look from the glory days but with some tweaks that would accommodate the players

move the tv numbers to the shoulders

widen the sleeve stripes a teeny bit like the Browns did when they returned to the NFL

thin the pants stripes

keep the shoes black

move the SF logo to the collar

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I've never minded the 49er's 90s revision, but the multiple logos are way overdone; remove them from the jersey and pants. I say remove the black except for the helmet logo, keep the current red and gold but use the old-school red/white/red stripes on the helmet and pants (but thin the pants stripes out to say Packers-size or Cowboys-size). Keep the TV numbers on the shoulders, and use gold trim on the numbers and the jersey stripes. I think that might be a nice mix of what they currently use and what I grew up watching them wear.

Gothamite said:
njmeadowlanders said:

Thin the pants stripes (it's 2009, not 1989), and you have what is pretty much a perfect uniform.

Of course, you'd expect them NOT to do that...

And I miss those Falcons duds as an aside...

Drop the sleeve stripes, thin the pants stripes, match the golds.

Maybe put a logo patch on the left shoulder, and you're done.

I'll buy that, with one addition. Get some gold on the jersey. Outline the numbers in gold, I suppose.

And I loved that Falcons look too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm with you on this here. I myself see the Niners' set as one of the tops in the league. Love the colors, too. Of course, I don't think a little tuning up would hurt--unless they consider "tune-up" to be a total revamp and blow the whole mess.

BUT...I promise many cerebellums are spinning as we read/speak/type about possible new looks--and possible impending concept posts--for the new 49er look...

I'm with you guys. I always thought the 49ers did a terrific job of modernizing their uniforms, and ten years later, they still look fresh. Other teams that redesigned at that time (ahem...Broncos) already look ridiculously dated. I thought the 49ers' look had staying power, but it looks like they're trying to inject whatever life they can into that franchise.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived