UCLA Football Concept

LMU

Just a couple changes.

1- changed facemask to powder blue, as it was the best way to incorporate the color into the helmet

2- brought back signature number font, but added an outline

UCLAfootball.png

VmWIn6B.png

Nice look. Very nice job.

My only complaint is with the logo, not your work. UCLA is an acronym (which should be all caps), but they have it in their logo as a wriiten script word (capital U, lower case CLA). Just very silly to me.

my logo adjustment:

UCLA.gif

Mike

www.mghelmets.com

My only complaint is with the logo, not your work. UCLA is an acronym (which should be all caps), but they have it in their logo as a wriiten script word (capital U, lower case CLA). Just very silly to me.

my logo adjustment:

UCLA.gif

Mike

www.mghelmets.com

The reason for the script is that it looks a ton better than having plain block letters across your helmet. Grammatically correct or not, form beats function in this case.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I would suggest making the Adidas logo one color. Adidas doesn't do any two color logos. On the home jersey, make it gold. On the road jersey, make it one of the shades of blue. Also, make the player's name two-colors instead of three. It makes it look busy with letters that small. You could also try putting the "Ucla" script on the thigh.

The reason for the script is that it looks a ton better than having plain block letters across your helmet. Grammatically correct or not, form beats function in this case.

I understand all that, and I know 90% of the people out there wouldn't even notice or care. It's not a bad design or look, I'm just funny about those kind of details.

Great concept - I really hate those curly numbers. IMO- they just don't look good, I am a traditionalist and like the block numbers, a classic look.

But your concept is solid - Nice work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

my logo adjustment:

Mike

www.mghelmets.com

Plus, the script UCLA is a traditional logo for the Bruins. You're not going to change tradition.

Archived