Thrift Store Gems '08

totc

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Majestic Minnesota Twins home alternate Doug Mientkiewicz replica jersey for $15 at Savers. It's only got one color name and number on the back, and no number on the front, but everything is sewn on and the last one of these I found sold for over $75 on ebay so we'll see how this one does next week.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

A classic 1980s Dallas Mavericks Starter satin jacket, green body, blue trim, blue "Mavericks" lettering on the front. Ro Blackmon's got the same script going on in the pic below:

0530blackman.jpg

Not even a Mavs fan in the least, but you know I love some vintage NBA goodness. And in my size, to boot! $20. A steal. And so much more beautiful than their current (bland) set.

Still, what I absolutely want and cannot wait to get my hands on is a powder blue 80s Sacramento Kings starter satin jacket, size small (with crown on ball logo). I've seen a few on Ebay, never in my size.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody know of any good thrift shops in the cleveland/suburban area surrounding cleveland? i'm trying to get my hands on some cheap throw backs for some gags and possible gifts and i wondered if anybody has had any success in any shops in this area.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Passed on a Nike USC football jersey earlier tonight because I already had the exact jersey. I also found a 49ers satin jacket, and a California Angels wind breaker. Would have picked up the jackets except they were both way too small to fit.

sig.jpg

Within the past month I've found both home and away first-gen Coyotes jerseys. They're so hideous that they're awesome.

Now I just need the desert motif third.

I used to have that jersey (the old Coyotes 3rd), but ended up throwing it away when it got far too big.

I got one of these for $15....not a CCM Vintage collection, but an old polyester CCM from the 80s/90s. It's in decent shape....an XL, but fits like a medium, large at best. It's probably best-suited for wall mounting, unless I shrink myself a bit.

away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

Here in Chicago, there's a store called Ragstock in the Wrigleyville neighborhood that has a section dedicated to jerseys. Unfortunately, they're generally softball jerseys people use in their personal leagues or whatever. However, I occasionally spot a good jersey or two - there was an all blue Hideo Nomo Dodgers jersey there for $5 recently. This thread's inspired me to go check it out again tomorrow!

330zl3b.png

I workin in Framingham, MA, about 25 miles outside Boston and I was checking out a Salvation Army for some halloween costume ideas in early October. Right as I walked in was a PERFECTLY good Ramirez Red Sox authentic away jersey for $6.99.

0a3c_35.JPG

I know all Sox fans hate him now (including me) but he is a legend and a future hall of famer so i figured stealing a jersey that was once sold for over $150 for 7 bucks wasnt a bad idea.

bruins3.png

spokedb3.jpg

Here in Chicago, there's a store called Ragstock in the Wrigleyville neighborhood that has a section dedicated to jerseys. Unfortunately, they're generally softball jerseys people use in their personal leagues or whatever. However, I occasionally spot a good jersey or two - there was an all blue Hideo Nomo Dodgers jersey there for $5 recently. This thread's inspired me to go check it out again tomorrow!

Good call on Ragstock! I got a Jets Boomer Esiason jersey there with the NFL 75th Anniversary Jersey. It's also where I go to get my sweater for me friends "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party."

• 4 weeks later...

Archived