Thrift Store Gems '08

totc

Our local Goodwill will sometimes get new unused items, and the other day was one of those times. I was there with my wife (who loves Goodwill - I, on the other hand, don't go too often since I can't hardly find much that fits - 6'7", 290). Anyway, they had a new with tags and the cardboard backing Taylor Made r7 golf hat for $1.50! Made my day...

CAP40000_black.jpg

Moose

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how far throwback jerseys have fallen.

At a thrift store yesterday in Temple Hills, Md., I saw a Jerry West West Virginia throwback for $10.

Today, at another store in Adelphi, Md., I picked up a Steve Van Buren Eagles long-sleeve for $15. I also picked up a U.S. inline jersey for $10. Yep, the supernally ugly one.

• 1 month later...

found a black ChiSox alt, black-on-black SF Giants alt, and a DBacks home all for $6 each at a Value Village in New West.

Only got the Giants alt.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading to Marshall's tomorrow and maybe the local Value Village in Springfield, so I'll be sure to post my findings (hopefully, if any).

Anyone else find any gems lately?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, today turned out to be a solid day at Goodwill.

One of the first things I saw was this little beauty and picked it up for a mere $3.

Front

Back

A couple minutes later, I found this hidden between a couple shirts and it cost my $4.

Front

Back

And then, I just had to shell out the full $8 for this!

Front

Close-up of tag

Close-up of logo

Finally, a white one! I have 3 green jackets and finally found the white one that has hidden from me for all these years.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, today turned out to be a solid day at Goodwill.

One of the first things I saw was this little beauty and picked it up for a mere $3.

Front

Back

A couple minutes later, I found this hidden between a couple shirts and it cost my $4.

Front

Back

And then, I just had to shell out the full $8 for this!

Front

Close-up of tag

Close-up of logo

Finally, a white one! I have 3 green jackets and finally found the white one that has hidden from me for all these years.

looks like you scored big.

I have to say if you're looking for Starter sports apparel, Goodwill is Starter central. :P

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Lately things have been thin in the mid-Atlantic, though there was an odd sighting a few weeks ago.

You see, Majestic made a series of tank tops for their Hardwood Classics line with a tackle-twill wordmark and sewn logo on the front. The side panels were made with the Rainbow Guts pattern used by the Milwaukee Bucks in their jerseys in the 1970s.

The occasional Celtics one floats around, but one time there was not one, but TWO Denver Nuggets tanks. The side inserts, however, did not follow the usual pattern: White, then Color A, B, C, B, A, D, C, B, then A. Instead, it was White, then Color A, B, C, D, A, B, C, D, then A. In this case, A was red, B was orange, C was yellow, and D was royal blue.

In a Unique Thrift in Fairfax, Va.

A replica Apex football jersey from the University of Minnesota, 1994. I couldn't believe it. Two Ms, ugly crap.

$7 later, it's going with my 1990-94 Germany, 1974 (not 1975) Houston Astros, 2002 Cepestral Keprovetz, 1977 Phillies Saturday Night Special, 1978 Colorado Caribous, 1980 Tucson Toros, 2001 Cameroon (complete with black sleeves!), 1977 Philadelphia Fury, 2007 Oregon football (or, for that matter, any Oregon team done in highlighter yellow), 1996 Princeton men's hockey home, 1977 Cleveland Cavaliers, 1994 Cleveland Cavaliers, 2003 Dallas Mavericks alternate (regrettably, not the shiny version), 1994 U.S. soccer, 1995 Amsterdam Admirals, 1998 New England Revolution alternate, 1980 Vancouver Canucks, and 2002 U.S. roller hockey team in An Ultimate Pantheon to Fugliness.

where is this Unique Thrift place? I live 10 minutes from fairfax.....

where is this Unique Thrift place? I live 10 minutes from fairfax.....

1/2 mile north of the intersection of Rt. 50 and Gallows Road. A strip mall with a Great Wall Supermarket; the Unique is a former Circuit City (you can still see the maroon and white facade). It's down the street from Kevin Grevey's restaurant, in which is hung two of his game-issued Bucks jerseys that have the Rainbow Guts inserts.

I always make sure to pick up my golf shirts from the thrift store. Sometime afterwards I go home and see if I can find the same one online and see how much I saves. I bought a Tiger Woods golf shirt for $8 then found the same one online for $90, the only difference was mine had a tiny little pepsi logo stitched on the sleve.

Not sports related... I passed up a working Virtual Boy with a game at a thrift store the other week, not knowing how rare they were.

Good job Brian.

No kidding? Which game was it (there weren't that many made)? I know there's a video game store in Lawrence, KS with all kinds of rare, vintage games and consoles.

Archived