NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

lil update, the guy responsible for this, was thrown under the bus by one of his friends who he sent it to, and has been fired by the sabres.

can thank sabresfans.com for :censored:ing up a great inside source.

Ummm...no. You can fault your friend who took the photos in the first place.

I work with confidential information every day. If I got caught releasing it I'd be fired too, and although I'd try to defend myself and keep my job, I couldn't fault them one bit for canning my ass.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lil update, the guy responsible for this, was thrown under the bus by one of his friends who he sent it to, and has been fired by the sabres.

can thank sabresfans.com for :censored:ing up a great inside source.

Ummm...no. You can fault your friend who took the photos in the first place.

I work with confidential information every day. If I got caught releasing it I'd be fired too, and although I'd try to defend myself and keep my job, I couldn't fault them one bit for canning my ass.

I gotta agree with Mr. Cummings on this.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

no see he leaked to a private forum and one of the morons on there posted it on the sabres actual website. It was put up there in trust and confidence that it went no further, and it did. That part is fine, it wasnt going to come back onto the guy who took the pic til the person who posted it on the sabres actual site was questioned by sabres representatives and gave up the source.

The moron didnt even realize they couldnt do anything more than take his account down from their message boards.

2004RedSox.png

w7ig01.jpg

It looks like his teammate nailed him where it hurts with his stick lol.

Okay on a more serious note, I really like the new jersey. The silver piping does seem out of place and no, there's no need for it to make the jersey look more modern. The silver accents around the stripes and the use of navy blue are what modernizes it. On the other hand, reebok has pulverized other identities in ways far worse than this **cough Colorado cough**. The silver piping is something that I personally can get used to because the rest of the jersey is litterally flawless. It is a little bit disapointing because they were so close to creating perfection that it's just...somewhat disapointing. The only other thing I'll add is be happy the slug is nowhere found on that jersey. That should soothe everybody's disapointment.

w7ig01.jpg

It looks like his teammate nailed him where it hurts with his stick lol.

Okay on a more serious note, I really like the new jersey. The silver piping does seem out of place and no, there's no need for it to make the jersey look more modern. The silver accents around the stripes and the use of navy blue are what modernizes it. On the other hand, reebok has pulverized other identities in ways far worse than this **cough Colorado cough**. The silver piping is something that I personally can get used to because the rest of the jersey is litterally flawless. It is a little bit disapointing because they were so close to creating perfection that it's just...somewhat disapointing. The only other thing I'll add is be happy the slug is nowhere found on that jersey. That should soothe everybody's disapointment.

The bigger question is, What is Brian Campbell still doing on the Sabres Roster in that screen shot?

This from the Kings website:

"The Kings will debut their new third jersey on Nov. 22 when the Kings host the Colorado Avalanche. It should be made available for purchase at Team LA at 7:32 p.m. on Nov. 22."

"The Kings will debut their new third jersey on Nov. 22 when the Kings host the Colorado Avalanche. It should be made available for purchase at Team LA at 7:32 p.m. on Nov. 22."

that might be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.... oh wait, no one goes to kings games anyway so it wont matter.

2004RedSox.png

that might be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.... oh wait, no one goes to kings games anyway so it wont matter.

Who are the Kings again? :P

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

no see he leaked to a private forum....

Key word there. He's still in the wrong.

Doesn't matter if you show one person or 1000. The reason you don't tell one person is because they could tell 1000. Doesn't matter how much you trust someone because they could do the same thing he did. "He my friend showed me this, but don't show anyone else..." and it keeps going and going.

I just hope he learned his lesson.

no see he leaked to a private forum....

Key word there. He's still in the wrong.

Doesn't matter if you show one person or 1000. The reason you don't tell one person is because they could tell 1000. Doesn't matter how much you trust someone because they could do the same thing he did. "He my friend showed me this, but don't show anyone else..." and it keeps going and going.

I just hope he learned his lesson.

But it's not his fault, Pat... <_<

Welcome to DrunjFlix

wow. black alternate pants? that's rare.

Ah well. I was looking forward to a red/black/red/black look from top to bottom, but I guess teams are apprehensive about having pants lighter/brighter than the jerseys.

Why the hell are the hurricane flags now black with white squares in the center? Now they're not flags tied into the identity - they're just goofy-looking boxes.

The remainder, though, is pretty spiffy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i seriously feel sorry for canes fans about the shoulder logo. how are they going to pull that off on a replica?

Well, like every other NHL replica jersey, it'll be screened, look like crap, and people will buy it anyway.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i seriously feel sorry for canes fans about the shoulder logo. how are they going to pull that off on a replica?

Well, like every other NHL replica jersey, it'll be screened, look like crap, and people will buy it anyway.

how do you screen print an all black logo on a black sweater?

at least with embroidery, the fact that it's 3D makes it look somewhat appealing.

Archived