NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the new Hurricanes alts, the only thing that I don't like is that the flags on the bottom are silver, when they are red in the logo (and should be red if going for accuracy). And for some reason, I think these will look a lot better on ice than the Blackhawks who I think have a very boring all-black set.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

JQK beat you to it a couple of pages ago, Neon.

But it's still cool to see what it looks like. ^_^

Well... crap! I blame it on reading 2 hours of a book on Hitler before I came on here... or the fact I was trying to avoid reading another page of that 800+ page bio...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here is a new one, the Bruins Alt!!

From HubHockey: http://ccrawford11.typepad.com/hubhockey/2...3rd-jersey.html

http://ccrawford11.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834...89b9e970b-800wi

Sorry but I don't have time to download and upload the image back into here.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If it had the version of the logo with "BOSTON" arching over the bear, and some hem striping, I'd be very interested. As it stands, though, no thanks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Are any of the new 3rds in NHL 09? Or is there a code to unlock them that hasn't been released yet?

I just checked and there is a placeholder for jerseys called "Alternate". Placeholders are just a shadow of a hockey player. You don't see any glimpses of what the jerseys will look like. So there must be a code going to be released, because there is a spot to enter it.

Teams it blacked out alts are:

Atlanta

Boston

Buffalo has 2

Carolina

Chicago

Dallas

Edmonton

LA

Isles

Ottawa

Philly

Pittsburgh

Phoenix

St Louis

San Jose

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Vancouver

Why does Buffalo have 2?

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Really? Buffalo was a hit? The addition of piping and silver stripes helped an already great uniform?

Well, we don't know for sure if that's their actual third jersey. With the string of false, Photoshopped "cell phone" pictures from last summer, I'm holding my judgement on any jersey until the team releases them officially.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

does anybody know what colour of socks the Bruins will be wearing with that jersey?

When they first tested them out, they used black socks, with striping similar to what their alternate uses on the sleeves. Perhaps they'll stick with that? Personally, I hope they go with yellow socks.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

third_group.jpg

Mierda.

1. The pattern at the bottom was supposed to represent hurricane flags. What does it represent in gray, a roll of film?

2. It was always dumb how the flag logo only had one flag when it was supposed to represent a hurricane, and making it the primary logo only enhances that. It's supposed to be in the shape of North Carolina, which I guess is why they just went with one, but why not a second flag in the shape of South Carolina? (Do people from South Carolina care about the Canes?)

3. Just way too drab.

But on the bright side, now that the uniform set includes black pants, maybe they'll eventually use them with the red uniforms, and spare us the blood clot look.

third_group.jpg

Mierda.

1. The pattern at the bottom was supposed to represent hurricane flags. What does it represent in gray, a roll of film?

2. It was always dumb how the flag logo only had one flag when it was supposed to represent a hurricane, and making it the primary logo only enhances that. It's supposed to be in the shape of North Carolina, which I guess is why they just went with one, but why not a second flag in the shape of South Carolina? (Do people from South Carolina care about the Canes?)

3. Just way too drab.

But on the bright side, now that the uniform set includes black pants, maybe they'll eventually use them with the red uniforms, and spare us the blood clot look.

The FLAG is in the shape of North Carolina?

O_O

Really? You could maybe make a case that the triangle in the background is an abstract form of the state... maybe, but even that's a stretch.

The flag? Wow...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

third_group.jpg

Mierda.

3. Just way too drab.

The FLAG is in the shape of North Carolina?

O_O

Really? You could maybe make a case that the triangle in the background is an abstract form of the state... maybe, but even that's a stretch.

The flag? Wow...

Triangle doesn't represent the state of North Carolina, it represents the 3 anchors of the Research Triangle. Raleigh, right corner, Durham, top corner, and Cary or Chapel Hill (depending on who you talk to), left corner.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Triangle doesn't represent the state of North Carolina, it represents the 3 anchors of the Research Triangle. Raleigh, right corner, Durham, top corner, and Cary or Chapel Hill (depending on who you talk to), left corner.

I know that. I'm just trying to figure out where he sees North Carolina anywhere in that logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know that. I'm just trying to figure out where Sigma sees North Carolina anywhere in that logo...

Sigma?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I could've sworn I read that when the Hurricanes' logos were unveiled.

Archived