NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

I don't know, guys, I think we're overanalyzing a crappy abstract logo that was slapped together over the summer of '97.

Fair enough point. Now to go back on topic...

I quite like Carolina's new alt, but I'm confused as to why they chose to go for a black and silver/grey shoulder logo that blends in with the jersey too well. It's like they couldn't decide whether or not to have a shoulder logo at all, so as a compromise made a dark coloured one that is harder to see.

Boston's new jersey is a bit disappointing. It's as if they couldn't be bothered to come up with an interesting design, so re-used the arm stripes from the home jersey and swapped the logos around. I don't see what harm there would have been in unveiling a new yellow jersey, or at least using slightly different stripes. That being said, this jersey isn't awful, just very boring.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know, guys, I think we're overanalyzing a crappy abstract logo that was slapped together over the summer of '97.

You're not quite familiar with the site yet?

No, no, I think he nailed it there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This morning's Ottawa Sun has an article claiming that black jersey from the Icethetics site is the official Sens third jersey:

Ottawa Sun

No way that is the actual script- right?

Classic...

No, there is no way that is the actual script. I made that image and all I did was give an interpretation of the up from left to right description. For the sake of the Senators I hope it looks a lot better than my use of Lady Copra...

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

This morning's Ottawa Sun has an article claiming that black jersey from the Icethetics site is the official Sens third jersey:

Ottawa Sun

No way that is the actual script- right?

According to an image obtained by Sun Media and believed to be approved by the NHL, the Senators' third jersey could look something like this: Black with red and white trim and the word "Sens" climbing up from the right to left...

Doesn't say that's the exact jersey, and I doubt someone from the general public would pick up something like a font difference, unless drastic. Expect something similar to this, but not identical.

Call me crazy, but I think the canes' hurricane logo is one of the better ones in the league. I dont care about the puck in the middle at all, in fact, looking at the comparison I think it looks better as it presently is.

What i dont like is the alternate. Not just because it doesnt come right out and say "Hurricane!" but rather "possible hurricane!", but also because it, to me, looks like clip art images of a hockey stick, warning flag, and a triangle that, while it makes sense, doesnt look very good.

And that sens image just looks like jerseydatabase's mock up to me.

EDIT: it is

http://www.jerseydatabase.com/blog.php?p=27

oBIgzrL.png

2843634219_c2940aa030.jpg

Reminds me of that awful old Flyers Alt with the silver outlined logo... but this one looks like a MUCH better execution...

Heh, looks like retailers are slowly beginning to receive their jersey orders... im guessing we should be seeing more "leaks" soon...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

i really hope they dont ruin them by putting the numbers on the front..

also i cant wait to see what font they go with for these.

Here's from the icethetics site...

This jersey photo that has been leaked is, in fact, the actual third jersey, The News has learned. Two other things have been cleared up:

1) The logo is the same color as the jersey, the darker blue. It only looks different because the different fabrics aren't reflecting the same.

2) It will have numbers on the front shoulder.

i really hope they dont ruin them by putting the numbers on the front..

also i cant wait to see what font they go with for these.

Here's from the icethetics site...

This jersey photo that has been leaked is, in fact, the actual third jersey, The News has learned. Two other things have been cleared up:

1) The logo is the same color as the jersey, the darker blue. It only looks different because the different fabrics aren't reflecting the same.

2) It will have numbers on the front shoulder.

looks like ill stick with a blank one..

2004RedSox.png

still keeping fingers crossed someone leaks the code for nhl 09..cant wait to use those sabres jersey's

its out there on the nh09 forums somewhere. ill see if i can dig it up

Pleaseeeeeeeeee be true!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

still keeping fingers crossed someone leaks the code for nhl 09..cant wait to use those sabres jersey's

its out there on the nh09 forums somewhere. ill see if i can dig it up

No it isn't. Guaranteed. Someone would of said otherwise and it would have been all over icethetics and here and the other NHL 09 forums. Someone said on one of the forums that it would be released on the 15th. Of September, October, or November, I don't know. How true it is, I have no clue.

8prlQWA.png

Archived