NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another shot of Buffalo's third:

2843634219_c2940aa030.jpg

I changed my mind, that's a good jersey right there. It'd be a better jersey without the side piping.

But how will everyone know that reebok makes that jersey? Its not like theres a big manufacturers logo on the back or anything.

Death to reebok!

Nobody has ever had big logos on the jerseys before....

gretzkykappajersey.jpg

33-67238-F.jpg

1385867907_92fcecb620.jpg

2886185620030738884S500x500Q85.jpg

1022126178030738884S500x500Q85.jpg

Sure but for the most part they were on the lower hem. It wasnt until (fairly) recently that the logos were moved above the numbers, however they didnt interrupt the jerseys. reebok went so far as having a contrasting color underneath so their logo stands out and interrupts the jersey.

img.150390_t.jpg

I was talking with a person who works with the Thrashers yesterday, and he said that the Thrashers 3rd that's been mocked up looks nothing like the actual 3rds. The way he described it, the jerseys actually have ATLANTA going diagonally down the front (much like the Rangers). Now, he also said he saw them several months ago when they were "testing" them, so they may have changed since then.

I was talking with a person who works with the Thrashers yesterday, and he said that the Thrashers 3rd that's been mocked up looks nothing like the actual 3rds. The way he described it, the jerseys actually have ATLANTA going diagonally down the front (much like the Rangers). Now, he also said he saw them several months ago when they were "testing" them, so they may have changed since then.

That is similar to what the girl who I met here told me, that she had seen many different versions but that the one I described she remembered and said was most likely the third from what she had last seen.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Totally random, but does anybody know of the least popular selling jersey from last year? That is, the least selling RBK jersey? Just wondering.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Blues beat writer for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jeremy Rutherford had this to say in his blog today.

I?m told the Blues are ?really close? to unveiling their third jersey, which they will wear several times in 2008-09. Owner Dave Checketts hasn?t allowed the details of the jersey to leak out, but he tells me he?s very excited and thinks the fans will be proud of the new look. (Nothing could be as bad as the last time the Blues ventured into the third-jersey business . . . remember the trumpets?)

Of course he's factually flawed as the last time the Blues ventured into the third-jersey business they released what was one of the best jerseys in the NHL for 10 years, but we know what he means.

The Blues FanFest is this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see it unveiled then.

Now the team will have to have three helmets for each players (white, red and black), two pants (red and black) and each player will need to have TWO sets of gloves (red and black)?

So? This won't be the first time. Look at all the teams that wore a vintage uniform as an alternate in years past, or in Edmonton's case, this year.

And as already said, a whole new pant isn't necessary. There are quite a few players that prefer a hockey girdle with a pant shell over top of it instead of the traditional hockey pant*. And when players are traded to a new team, they typically just put a shell over their current pants.

*I've recently made the switch to a girdle and I love it. :grin:

Next Monday is the Toronto Maple Leafs' Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Game, and I just have a gut feeling that they'll unveil the thirds right there and then.

Zero Fans First? Of course. They've been doing that for 40 years right? haha

Now the team will have to have three helmets for each players (white, red and black), two pants (red and black) and each player will need to have TWO sets of gloves (red and black)?

So? This won't be the first time. Look at all the teams that wore a vintage uniform as an alternate in years past, or in Edmonton's case, this year.

And as already said, a whole new pant isn't necessary. There are quite a few players that prefer a hockey girdle with a pant shell over top of it instead of the traditional hockey pant*. And when players are traded to a new team, they typically just put a shell over their current pants.

*I've recently made the switch to a girdle and I love it. :grin:

You don't actually see a lot of pros wearing girdles. Sometimes they will wear a shell over their pants, but girdles just do not have enough protection for professional hockey. As far as the gloves go, it really isn't as big a deal as you may think. Most pro's have 3-4 pairs of gloves at a time anyway. Federov used to be famous for wearing three different BRANDS of gloves in a single game.

As a die hard canes fan....THOSE 3rds SUUUUUCK!!!!

I have been a canes fan for as long as i can remember, i live and die with Carolina.

I cant believe they actually think those are acceptable, absolutely horrible.

I love there currents jerseys and hope they never change but these?? you couldnt come up with anything, anything better than these?!?!

GIVE ME A BREAK. come on Canes, come on. Have some decency.

THESE JERSEYS BLOW

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

I have been a canes fan for as long as i can remember, i live and die with Carolina.

I love there currents jerseys and hope they never change but these?? you couldnt come up with anything, anything better than these?!?!

THESE JERSEYS BLOW

I love 'em.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

THESE JERSEYS BLOW

Carolina sucks, but these new 3rds are beauty. A lot nicer than the current home/away anyways.

And we took your Cole. I'm happy.

gagner3.png

The new Canes jerseys are merely "ok" IMO. But "ok" looks pretty damn good compared to many of the superfluous piping ridden and missing hem-stripe monstrosities that we've seen in recent years.

The new buffalo jersey is pretty solid, though I don't understand the side piping. I'm not opposed to piping on principle, but can one of our design pros explain what that sort of piping is supposed to add to the design? It just seems like unnecessary clutter to my eyes. The colours are pretty good, they remind me a bit of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers blue and gold colour scheme.

Does anyone know what the rules are on how long a team has to stay with a jersey once its been adopted? I seem to remember Kevin Lowe saying they wanted the hem stripes back for the oilers, but I presume thats not going to happen this year.

Next Monday is the Toronto Maple Leafs' Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Game, and I just have a gut feeling that they'll unveil the thirds right there and then.

Zero Fans First? Of course. They've been doing that for 40 years right? haha

:D

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived