NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

What I don't like about the piping is how it looks completely disconnected to the jersey. It goes from the front of the waist to the upper arm and stops there. Ugly and bad execution.

Another thing I've noticed is the absence of stripes on the pants. I don't understand how the color can be totally off, like Neon pointed out, if it's a different pair.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like them but wish they did without the number on chest

I know!

In 2006/07 it got me so mad when they slapped that number on the front of there alternate, and now they are doing that again .. urghhh.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I like the jersey a lot, what I don't like is how much of a different shade of blue the jersey is from the pants... in the top, right hand pic, you can REALLY tell the contrast between the pants and the jersey/socks.

That's the same case with the regular home jersey. It's the materials.

I like the jersey a lot, what I don't like is how much of a different shade of blue the jersey is from the pants... in the top, right hand pic, you can REALLY tell the contrast between the pants and the jersey/socks.

That's the same case with the regular home jersey. It's the materials.

For some reason I don't remember seeing THAT much of a contrast between the two...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

sabres3-2.jpg

NHL.com's headline pic.

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this, and won't be the last -- Buffalo should seriously condider replacing the Buffaslug unis with these.

After seeing that image... I think the Slug could work nicely as a shoulder logo, specifically the one with the BUFFALO text under it... cough...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

anyone else think its stupid that none of the new 3rd will be avail until november..makes no sense to me

Yes, it is stupid. Despite what the ignoble Mr Bettman thinks, it does not "build excitement"; it just irritates that few fans they have left.

now that i've looked at the new logo more, i think i like the silver outline on the inside elements - the buffalo, sword and swoosh lines. for some reason i dont like the outline on the gold circle. plus the navy blue and gold dont look so bad by themselves... when compared next to the older jerseys i still think they look bad, but on their own its ok.

but yeah that piping is terrible. plus i wonder if the underarm grey area is just for goalie cut jerseys.. (or maybe just miller's) could it be a different fabric type to wick stinky armpit sweat?

sabres3-2.jpg

NHL.com's headline pic.

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this, and won't be the last -- Buffalo should seriously condider replacing the Buffaslug unis with these.

After seeing that image... I think the Slug could work nicely as a shoulder logo, specifically the one with the BUFFALO text under it... cough...

Eck, I don't want the Slug on the Shoulders. I want recolored Bison heads on the Shoulder. Like on the old red alt jersey.

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

Eck, I don't want the Slug on the Shoulders. I want recolored Bison heads on the Shoulder. Like on the old red alt jersey.

I did one of those...you mean like this one?

BuffaloSabres_PRM_OldLogoCurrentCol.gif

I don't know if I'd like that on the shoulders... either the Slug with Buffalo on it OR the swords in the circle they had on their red alt.

Is it just me or has the red been removed as the eye from the crest? I don't see any sign of it in that image...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived