NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Eh... I think it could have looked cooler with a light blue note or even a gold note... but I am not sure if I am a big fan of the monochrome look atm...

The Blues of course had what you'd consider a monochrome Bluenote on their blue jersey for their entire history up until they introduced the two tones of blue in 1998.

Still, I'd tend to agree with you (not about the gold though...it is after all the BLUEnote), but if there's no other royal on the jersey, then I understand the decision.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on the description, it sounds like they wont be using royal blue at all.

I agree. But I'm liking the description of the new crest and that it should have a traditional design which includes laces. If they keep it simple, it will look good.

Based on the description, it sounds like they wont be using royal blue at all.

I agree. But I'm liking the description of the new crest and that it should have a traditional design which includes laces. If they keep it simple, it will look good.

Agreed habsfan, it really sounds like its gonna be a nice traditional looking jersey. The crest is the key though, as long as its simple it should make for a great look that the fans will enjoy.

mets.png

Looks like 13 for Tanguay

You're right I think, I didn't notice the 3 in that pic before.

Yes, Tanguay will wear #13 this year, since the Habs didn't sign Sundin.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It's good, but little details like the armpit piping, front numbers, and the thickness and placement of the silver striping make me feel like this was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Still, I would be shocked if this isn't the Sabres' primary home jersey by 2011.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the jersey a lot, what I don't like is how much of a different shade of blue the jersey is from the pants... in the top, right hand pic, you can REALLY tell the contrast between the pants and the jersey/socks.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived