oakland ehs

NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

Eh... I think it could have looked cooler with a light blue note or even a gold note... but I am not sure if I am a big fan of the monochrome look atm...

The Blues of course had what you'd consider a monochrome Bluenote on their blue jersey for their entire history up until they introduced the two tones of blue in 1998.

Still, I'd tend to agree with you (not about the gold though...it is after all the BLUEnote), but if there's no other royal on the jersey, then I understand the decision.

Based on the description, it sounds like they wont be using royal blue at all.

I agree. But I'm liking the description of the new crest and that it should have a traditional design which includes laces. If they keep it simple, it will look good.

Based on the description, it sounds like they wont be using royal blue at all.

I agree. But I'm liking the description of the new crest and that it should have a traditional design which includes laces. If they keep it simple, it will look good.

Agreed habsfan, it really sounds like its gonna be a nice traditional looking jersey. The crest is the key though, as long as its simple it should make for a great look that the fans will enjoy.

Based on that Habs pic what number is Tanguay wearing this season?

Probably number 18 for Tanguay... who knows?

Looks like 13 for Tanguay

You're right I think, I didn't notice the 3 in that pic before.

The Sabres' center ice is blank...possibility of the classic logo in the middle?

That would be my guess as well. I don't think they'd leave it blank if all they're gonna do is put the Buffaslug at centre ice again.

(200 posts. Go me.)

Looks like 13 for Tanguay

You're right I think, I didn't notice the 3 in that pic before.

Yes, Tanguay will wear #13 this year, since the Habs didn't sign Sundin.

The jersey will be unveiled in about 20 minutes. You can watch it live on sabres.com.

Looks as if there's a small area of grey underneath the armpit...

Otherwise, the jersey is brilliant. :D

anyone else think its stupid that none of the new 3rd will be avail until november..makes no sense to me

sabres.jpg

Notice the grey area under the arms and how the pointless-piping connects at the hem line.

It's good, but little details like the armpit piping, front numbers, and the thickness and placement of the silver striping make me feel like this was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Still, I would be shocked if this isn't the Sabres' primary home jersey by 2011.

I like the jersey a lot, what I don't like is how much of a different shade of blue the jersey is from the pants... in the top, right hand pic, you can REALLY tell the contrast between the pants and the jersey/socks.