NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

The Blues jersey would have looked better (and less like the Sabres) if it had Boston-esque shoulder trim. White outlined with yellow, to go with the numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

That looks like total poop. I know it may just be the lighting making the blacks not match, but things like that need to be taken into account when designing uniforms, considering the whole point of most of these is just to sell replicas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And JQK, I don't see any way to call that Bruins alt a positive other than the fact that it's not an eyesore. It's a weaker version of their primary. Just removing a couple of stripes and switching logos is just so lame I can't applaud it.

Nailed it. That Bruins alt practically yawns "Whatever." It's a waste of a great logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And JQK, I don't see any way to call that Bruins alt a positive other than the fact that it's not an eyesore. It's a weaker version of their primary. Just removing a couple of stripes and switching logos is just so lame I can't applaud it.

Nailed it. That Bruins alt practically yawns "Whatever." It's a waste of a great logo.

You put hemstripes on that jersey it becomes great.

I would have liked to have seen a 70's-style gold alternate with that Bruins logo, but who knows, we may still in the future. That logo is too good to be going anywhere in the near future...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You put hemstripes on that jersey it becomes great.

I would have liked to have seen a 70's-style gold alternate with that Bruins logo, but who knows, we may still in the future. That logo is too good to be going anywhere in the near future...

Yeah, on it's own it becomes great.

But as part of their set, it remains ridiculous lazy and unnecessary design.

It's like my complaints about two pairs of pants that are almost the same...only worse.

Archived