NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing some of those classic Habs jerseys will make for some nice variety. I wonder if they will also have matching socks.

I believe I saw a picture of Price with some vintage-style goalie pads. I'll try to dig up the pic, they would go well with some of these old styles.

Hum... didn't someone a few months back say that these were the jerseys we would see them wear, switching the light blue one for the solid red CH? <_<

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...st&p=947490

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hum... didn't someone a few months back say that these were the jerseys we would see them wear, switching the light blue one for the solid red CH? <_<

That may have been me.

The most recent thing I heard was that they would only wear 2 vintage uniforms. So I'm very happy that there will be 4 instead. Not only that but they will wear 2 more next year. Hockey games are going to be alot of fun to watch and go to, this year.

The ASG jerseys look like the lovechildren of the Atlanta Thrashers home jersey and the Washington Capitals home & road jerseys. Don't get me wrong, they do look pretty darn good actually. I don't care if they went crazy, that's the point of all-star jerseys. I'd can't wait to see what the full sets will look like.

Hey, I'm all for the Habs sporting old school unis, but this is just sloppy. Besides the edge compromising the look of these classic sweaters, these depictions are very inaccurate. You would think someone would do a little research for the Habs' 100th anniversary:

the red 1916 uniform did not have a logo on the arm, never mind a laceup collar.

2.jpg

1909 jersey. The stripes aren't really that accurate and again no laceup!

3.jpg

This is the worst if the bunch. Never in the history of the Habs have they worn a GREEN and red sweater and there exists no pictures of the team with an olde english C inside of this maple leaf - the leaf seen in pictures was clearly superimposed. Again no lace up on this uni.

4.jpg

The only definitive pictures of the 1910-11 uniform feature a white old C A logo.:

pitre2.jpg

this is an old ad:

dallairegianttiger.jpg

They describe this as their 1971 uni. That uniform DID feature a laceup collar. IMO this uniform would look better WITH a laceup.

5.jpg

I'm not sure the leaf logo looked anything like this. In large pictures I've seen it looks much more angular and defined. If they spent the time to pore over the archives at the HHOF they'd come up with a much better looking leaf......Again no laceup.........

6.jpg

DEATH TO REEBOK

Yep, looks to be roughly the size they had pre-edge. Now if they'd only put the stand-alone "D" on the shoulders, or the front, or something...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was expecting the all-star jerseys to be patterned after the Habs' jerseys. But the set they have is not that bad. Better than the templated shirts they had for the past two ASGs.

The Oilers are unveiling their thirds on October 7th at 10:00am Edmonton time.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/09/oil...-unveiling.html

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

They describe this as their 1971 uni. That uniform DID feature a laceup collar. IMO this uniform would look better WITH a laceup.

5.jpg

Isn't that just the current road jersey? If not can someone point out how its different?

Yeah, that's just their normal road uni just with the 100-year and ASG patches. Also, it couldn't be a 1971 jersey because those jerseys had all red, lace-up collars, not the current white/blue collar.

That was not me.

The most recent thing I heard was that they would only wear 2 vintage uniforms. So I'm very happy that there will be 4 instead. Not only that but they will wear 2 more next year. Hockey games are going to be alot of fun to watch and go to, this year.

The ASG jerseys look like the lovechildren of the Atlanta Thrashers home jersey and the Washington Capitals home & road jerseys. Don't get me wrong, they do look pretty darn good actually. I don't care if they went crazy, that's the point of all-star jerseys. I'd can't wait to see what the full sets will look like.

There, corrected.

No, I was implying my post correcting your post. Take another look to see which one contains the "correct" matches. You shall see pretty much every one you posted was incorrect (except for the one crapshoot) and that I stated the logos I posted would be from the jerseys that would be worn.

See, sometimes I do know my stuff. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Yep, looks to be roughly the size they had pre-edge. Now if they'd only put the stand-alone "D" on the shoulders, or the front, or something...

I would like to see that sometime soon, or at the very least at centre ice. Although I don't think I'll be surprised if they never do. :rolleyes:

This is the worst if the bunch. Never in the history of the Habs have they worn a GREEN and red sweater and there exists no pictures of the team with an olde english C inside of this maple leaf - the leaf seen in pictures was clearly superimposed. Again no lace up on this uni.

4.jpg

That looks even more Christmassy than the old Devils red and green jersey... and if the laces were never there in the first place, then they're probably just shoving them on there for the sake of making them look more 'retro', like a lot of teams seem to be doing these days.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I would like to see that sometime soon, or at the very least at centre ice. Although I don't think I'll be surprised if they never do. :rolleyes:

4.jpg

That looks even more Christmassy than the old Devils red and green jersey... and if the laces were never there in the first place, then they're probably just shoving them on there for the sake of making them look more 'retro', like a lot of teams seem to be doing these days.

That one reminds me fondly of this one :

MelocheCle.jpg

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Archived