NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Detroit, New Jersey and Montreal keep it how it should be...just home and aways. Alternates are just a money grab in my opinion and like it has been said before, the team either ditches it completely or switches it to the new home/away jersey. Id love to see the Leafs go full time with there alternate, as long as they get a blue one to go along.

Ultimately, what is wrong with a money grab? No one puts a gun to anyone's head and makes them purchase every single jersey a team wears. If a person can't show a reasonable ability to control their finances perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to have the privilege to use money. In my opinion, the more jerseys the merrier.

As for having Montreal on your list, it might be time to remove them with the 3,271 alternates they're going to have between this season and the next. :P

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are exactly the same.

The only slight difference is a thicker border around the numbers on the sleeves, I'm too lazy to pull up a pic of the one's used in the Winter Classic compared to todays jersey, but the difference is there.

The only slight difference is a thicker border around the numbers on the sleeves, I'm too lazy to pull up a pic of the one's used in the Winter Classic compared to todays jersey, but the difference is there.

crosbywv2.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

crosbywv2.jpg

That is one beautiful picture and that would make one great poster!

When is the next time they are wearing vintage jerseys? They might just be wearing them to break them in.

From the Habs official site.

2008-2009 SEASON

October 2008

20. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Florida Panthers (1970 ? 1971)

28. Builder?s Night (coaches) vs. Carolina Hurricanes

November 2008

15. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Philadelphia Flyers (1945 ? 1946)

22. Retired Jersey Night - Patrick Roy ? vs. Boston Bruins

December 2008

4. Opening of the Centennial Plaza

Original Six Salute vs. New York Rangers

Centennial Jersey Night (1915 ? 1916)

10. Inauguration of the Community outdoor rink program (François-Perreault Park, St-Michel Borough)

January 2009

8. Original Six salute vs Toronto Maple Leafs

23-26. NHL All-Star Week

February 2009

1. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Boston Bruins (1912 ? 1913)

21. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Ottawa Senators (1970 ? 1971)

March 2009

14. Centennial Jersey Night vs. New Jersey Devils (1945 ? 1946)

21. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (1915 ? 1916)

31. Centennial Jersey Night vs. Chicago Blackhawks (1912 ? 1913)

April 2009

2. Montreal Symphony Orchestra Concert at the Bell Centre

Opening of the Montreal Canadiens Hall of Fame

June 2009

26-27 NHL Entry Draft at the Bell Centre

The next time would be indicated in bold letters. The 1945-46 jersey is the white one with the blue stripes. Those stripeless shorts will probably be used for every Centennial Jersey Night this year. I don't see them breaking out the brown shorts quite frankly.

Thats only the replicas.

oBIgzrL.png

Thats only the replicas.

Thanks for the correction Maz.

Archived