NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Flyers may have finally brought some redemption back on the uniform front for the first time since 2001. Will be interesting to see how these play out with everyone in Philadelphia, and how much more orange we'll see in the stands.

IMO opinion they should have never got rid of orange.

I think you speak the mind of everyone who is a fan of that team, or at least the mind of everyone from Philly who cares about that team. God knows I've been on a complaining streak since the orange disappeared in 2001. If I had anything to do with it I'd already be planning on scrapping the black before next season.

I never had a problem when the black was introduced as an alt. In fact it was rather "cool" back in the day, but it should NOT be the primary uniform and since it is it makes me hate it.

It sucks to see black vs. white 42 times per year. It is even worse since the Flyers are black and white, with very little orange trim. Once in a while is OK, but jeezus - just make orange the primary and let's move on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Canucks jerseys are very nice, but if they really wanted to use that colour palette, they should have made these their primaries when the EDGE came out. Having the home and 3rd jerseys have nearly the exact same pattern (for the casual fan at least) is boring. They didn't have to release a third jersey at all.

I would have prefer these jerseys in the Canucks of the 90s colours. That would have been a major shock to see!

Juventus.png

Personally, I think they should have changed up the numbering - either go with block numbers, add a green outline, something. Otherwise, it's a good look, but way too redundant.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Notice in the two promo photos of Matias Ohlund that in one he has an 'A' and in the other he doesn't?

And that promo video is really good.

EDIT: Oh yea, and to go with the new thirds, Luongo will wear a special mask for those games. It's the vintage beige look that he had last year with a HUGE 'V' on the front.

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...;galleryId=8291

See them in this gallery. -^

nov1308_practice04_b.jpg

Tonight at the game they had a promo for the new Senators third jersey showing a little bit more than the back in black, The current primary was on the shoulder, and instead of the 2 thin stripes shown before, but a red white stripe somewhat outlining the houlder but instead of going around the entire shoulder it looked as if it started going down as piping.

I'll try and sketch out what I remember seeing tomorrow.

Hi, how are you?

Meh. I've had enough with the black third jerseys. I'd much rather prefer it if there was more orange and teal. Also some hemline stripes would be nice.

So far it's the weakest of the new thirds. I still can't really judge it though.

It wouldn't surprise me to see these as the primaries again some day soon.

Yeah, I'm guessing post 2010 these will become the primaries.

Hands down the best jersey the Canucks ever worn!

I don't know, I don't really dig this striping pattern. This jersey is "ok" but its just not different enough from the original vintage to be very exciting.

Archived