NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there ever been an answer as to why the outside sleeve stripes are thicker on the Hawks' goalie jerseys?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

e443b341c61d47fabc181f1e7cb96a82-getty-82744838cc045_colorado_aval.jpg

Those are sweet! Epic win!

Oh man...that's just a beautiful hockey jersey right there!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The pants stripes should have black separating them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

love those..anyone else notice how much the red "pops" when on the black jersey

It does, especially on the sleeve cuffs. But they really need to bring back an outline on the front crest, be it white or flesh-tone.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And...is it just me, or should the third jersey be different than the "regular" jersey re-colored? Some teams do, some don't, but I don;t get the re-coloring. I'd rather see a tertiary logo (ie Blues) or something totally different (ie Thrashers)...

Speaking of Thrashers...let the thrashing begin... (then again, there may be no answers, just a lot of eye-rolling and "what a schmuck" mutterings...)

Thee shouldn't be third jerseys at all. There's Situation A, as in Mooterus, where the whole thing is deemed a waste of everyone's time and money and then run out of town on a rail never to be spoken of as more than a cautionary tale. Or there's Situation B, where everyone loves the powder-blue Thrashers or red Wild or or old Senators swisherydoo or old Caps black so much that they supplant full-time uniforms but the team forgets or neglects to update the white iterations, leaving teams with goofy mismatched uniforms and a sense of poor planning. They're all pointless. Sell them as fashion jerseys and keep them off the ice if you must. What a horrible fate it would have been to achieve a career milestone in some of those cash-grabbing stinkers from this decade, like the Flyers orange with the chrome/beveled/crappy crest, or the Islanders orange with weird angular armpit cutouts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And...is it just me, or should the third jersey be different than the "regular" jersey re-colored? Some teams do, some don't, but I don;t get the re-coloring. I'd rather see a tertiary logo (ie Blues) or something totally different (ie Thrashers)...

Speaking of Thrashers...let the thrashing begin... (then again, there may be no answers, just a lot of eye-rolling and "what a schmuck" mutterings...)

Personally, I agree. I'd love to see all teams have third/alternate jerseys. I can understand opposing opinions, but I just get tired of seeing the same things over and over again. I like a variety.

Personally, I agree. I'd love to see all teams have third/alternate jerseys. I can understand opposing opinions, but I just get tired of seeing the same things over and over again. I like a variety.

Switching back to white jerseys at home would fix a good chunk of that problem.

And you know, having a third jersey isn't necessary in the least. But it is fun, especially for dorks like us, and it's led to two of my all-time faves, courtesy of the Lightning and the Phoenix Roadrunners. So I say, keep them alternates a-comin', boys!

Thee shouldn't be third jerseys at all. There's Situation A, as in Mooterus, where the whole thing is deemed a waste of everyone's time and money and then run out of town on a rail never to be spoken of as more than a cautionary tale. Or there's Situation B, where everyone loves the powder-blue Thrashers or red Wild or or old Senators swisherydoo or old Caps black so much that they supplant full-time uniforms but the team forgets or neglects to update the white iterations, leaving teams with goofy mismatched uniforms and a sense of poor planning. They're all pointless. Sell them as fashion jerseys and keep them off the ice if you must. What a horrible fate it would have been to achieve a career milestone in some of those cash-grabbing stinkers from this decade, like the Flyers orange with the chrome/beveled/crappy crest, or the Islanders orange with weird angular armpit cutouts.

Or there's Situation C, which we saw a lot of in the late 90s / early 2000s - where the 3rd jersey is introduced, is popular and is adopted as a full time jersey, and proper white / team color combos are created -- ('97 Stars, '97 Shaks, 2000 Pens, etc).

Unfortunately that trend hasn't continued recently with teams like the Wild, Sens and Thrashers.

It looks so stupid the way the Hawks' logo vanishes on the black jersey. It REALLY needs some sort of border around it.

Agreed, they need the outline around the logo as some of the older variants of the jersey had as shown earlier on in this thread.

Pens unveil their blues tonight... I was going to go but I'm too far behind with other things. I'll be checking the internets for photos though.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Detroit, New Jersey and Montreal keep it how it should be...just home and aways. Alternates are just a money grab in my opinion and like it has been said before, the team either ditches it completely or switches it to the new home/away jersey. Id love to see the Leafs go full time with there alternate, as long as they get a blue one to go along.

beLEAF

Archived