NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

If it's the stupid edge collars that one's complaining about, then I'm right behind you. I don't like it on the normal jerseys and I hate it on the retro jerseys. Explain to me the performance that these new collars have. Oh please reebok, do explain, I'm looking for a good laugh. Then again, there is such a thing as a modern version also, so I do understand that aspect. What I'm really looking for is to get the colors, striping, name and numbers, correct when I look at a throwback. I don't know how many Wayne Gretzky throwbacks that I've looked at and know that they are wrong because the number is incorrect because the inside of the number is angled when it should be squared, and don't get me started on the Kings faux logo on the front that screams "cheap knock off"!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is ridiculous. Both of those uniforms have laceups when the originals did not. The hawks jersey also has a totally wrong logo and Detroit is missing a hem stripe....

Why the hell do they have to gratuitously put laceup strings on every single "throwback" uniform now? It doesn't compliment the uniform at all. It just makes laceups look like a stupid fad.

this is an original hawks sweater from 1935. The logo was used from 1934 to 1937 (outer ring has worn away). Would it kill them to make an accurate logo and sweater?

Chi1935-36PaulThompson.jpg

Where did you find that shirt?

http://www.wgntv.com/wgn_sports

The first video in the playlist is from the broadcast last night, Brian Jennings who is the marketing guy for the NHL has a Toews jersey with name and number and it looks solid. White name with black, red and white numbers.

Here is a screen grab from the video.

2977399107_cfa77b37b8_o.png

This just screams "Ottawa Senators" to me....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

W.T.F.!?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Islanders, but why on Earth would they allow something as outlandishly nonsensical as not having the striping on the socks continue all the way around? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen when it comes to hockey socks. What is the logic behind it, exactly? Makes "dem hockey sk8orz f@ster-1337?" Christ.

Guys, stop complaining about such a small problem. The jersey is gorgeous and as far as I'm concerned, that's the only thing that matters. Seriously, it seems like some of you will never be satisfied.

Bravo, Isles. Love the uniform!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=388905

Isles new third...

Looks alot like the Oilers...

Looks NOTHING like the Oilers, other than blue/orange/circular crest.

Both teams wore this color combo in the 70s, and really, that's where the similarities end.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm SOOOO glad they made sure not to match the jersey striping to that of the pants and socks...

Ugh.

Is this an exact replica of an old uniform? It's obviously inspired by the 70s, but if the striping isn't pulled straight off of one of those uniforms than it kills me that they couldn't have fixed that problem.

Kills me anyways actually.

Archived