NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=388905

Isles new third...

Looks alot like the Oilers...

Looks NOTHING like the Oilers, other than blue/orange/circular crest.

Both teams wore this color combo in the 70s, and really, that's where the similarities end.

Oh no, nearly identical colours, similar circular logo dont look alike at all. A non-hockey fan could easily tell the two apart.

Lets get serious...

beLEAF

Isles jersey looks nice. The socks... the economic conditions caused that they couldn't finish the colors, so they had to stop part way around. *shrug* I don't know I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe it helps them skate faster with no extra color? I don't know. What I did notice was the different color in the jersey and the socks as opposed to the breezers. Shouldn't/couldn't they have gotten that right? What's the deal with the edge jerseys and the striping on the arms being larger at the elbow as opposed to the bend of the arm? Why can't they have an even stripe?

Isles.jpg

Living on Long Island and being a big Islanders fan for the past 15 years, I can truly say that those are some sharp jerseys. I originally hated the new EDGE jerseys when they came out and this brings back some good memories of what good jerseys really look like. Nice move Isles...now if you only brought back the fisherman logo for a throwback game :)

Isles.jpg

Living on Long Island and being a big Islanders fan for the past 15 years, I can truly say that those are some sharp jerseys. I originally hated the new EDGE jerseys when they came out and this brings back some good memories of what good jerseys really look like. Nice move Isles...now if you only brought back the fisherman logo for a throwback game :)

You mean yout stopped hating them? :P

untitled-6.jpg

Okay, with my hometown team being the New York Rangers, yet I can honestly say I'm thrilled my archrival is going back to their vintage look. This jersey is outstanding!

Thank goodness the Islanders took my advice and used white numbering and lettering instead of orange. The orange outlining of the letters and numbers look just a teeny bit thin to me. But I'd have to see it more close up to see if it's truly okay. What's with the abrupt ending to the striping around the back of the socks?

Here's what I hope happens for the Islanders.

I want to see them ditch the current home and away jersey set. Bring back the 2006-2007 uniforms instead to replace them. They're the navy blue and white version of the original uniforms including the four line patch on the one shoulder as a tribute to their four straight Stanley Cup titles.

After that, make this new alternate permanent as its status is right now. Add a second alternate, a white version to this one. The hem striping would be navy on top with the orange on the bottom.

If I were an Islanders fan, I'd be jumping for joy with this new alternate jersey unveiled today. Very awesome indeed!

Why is Guerin wearing an RBK helmet when he still wears the old school CCM? Seems weird to me.

Likely because it's an RBK jersey and shoot, therefore they don't want to promote other companies.

Reebok owns CCM. It's the same company.

That said you are half right. They probably want to promote the reebok brand of hockey gear more than the CCM. Especially since the CCM brand is well known and has a more positive image among buyers while Reebok gear is generally seen as inferior (even though it's the same company) as that brand has not been in the hockey buisness except for the last couple of year.

pretty good jersey by the Isles. Fixed the numbers and it'll look great on tv.

The edgeification of the hem and the socks are still lame though. What's the deal with all these goofy socks anyways? It's not like Reebok is selling them to anyone. What's the point then?

DEATH TO REEBOK

i love simple/retro designs....

i hate the new isles thirds.

while i think the current isles home/road have grown on me, i still think the perfect "modernized classic" look for the isles is what they had pre-edge.

either an orange version of the homes, or a edge-version of the navy blue updated classics... either one would have been good.

this one just looks ugly.

and i'm tired of teams having home/road color schemes, and then a whole new color scheme for alternates.

if my stars, for example, were to have a retro north stars style third jersey, i wouldn't want it in bright kelly green. because the stars colors are dark green now.

royal blue alternate jerseys for navy blue teams suck. if they want to be true to their roots and wear royal blue, then do it. don't wear navy blue jerseys with a royal blue cheap "throwback" alternate.

The only things they did right is put orange on the gloves, go back to the old pants, and bring back royal blue.

The jersey is based on their 1972/73 jerseys. The problem is the numbers should be orange outlined in white. If they wanted to wear the uniforms from the "dynasty years" then they should have made the 3d's the jerseys from the dynasty years.

It would actually be better if they just went back to the "dynasty years" jerseys on a permanent basis and bring back royal blue permanently.

What is the purpose of the rounded hems? I don't get it. I understand the tighter fit and some of the other features helped performance (Ya right) but how do rounded hems do anything

What, you still haven't got used to those yet? Ah, me neither. The times where I notice it a little too much is when the jersey color is different from the shorts, 'specially road jerseys. Everybody else looks fine. And to answer your question, they don't have a purpose.

Am I the only one who doesnt like the Oilers collar design on their thirds? It looks dumb the way it comes to a flat stop where it should be a clean V or something.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived