NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the purpose of the rounded hems? I don't get it. I understand the tighter fit and some of the other features helped performance (Ya right) but how do rounded hems do anything

Here's my theory: the rounded hems are there because Reebok's Edge jerseys were originally designed to be skin-tight and tucked-in. When folks in the league balked, RBK relented and went with a more traditional fit, but left the rounded hems.

I think I heard the same thing too. The original purpose to have them tucked in.

But they all look so weird no with the rounded part, I wonder if they will change that like the Rangers did themselves last season.

And from the picture of Guerin they still look skin tight to me, lol.

I can't tell you how much I hate the "tails" on the Edge jerseys. I'm a Bruins fan, and the overall design of their uniforms is awesome, no complaints at all. On the Black jerseys, because the rounded part at the bottom is black, and their pants are black, you can't even notice it. It looks like the good old days. With the white shirts, it looks foolish, like when you where a sweater and don't tuck the shirt underneath it into your pants. It can't possibly serve any usefull purpose, and just looks dumb.

Why? We all know it's going to be the baby blues, so why? :lol:

Well according to Icethetics, the thirds will have some changes to them (i.e. piping) blech...

I kind of wish they'd go with some kind of diagonal "Pittsburgh" script, either on black or baby blue. Other than the Rangers, I think the Penguins are the only team that can really pull that off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the new Canucks third. Its bold, simple and classy. Finally the logo looks like it belongs on the jersey, unlike the Orca. And no wordmark...omg sexy.

Philli's is very nice too....tho the logo is borderline too big.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Philli's is very nice too....tho the logo is borderline too big.

Agreed. Compared to photos of the original, it's too big in proportion to the rest of the jersey.

HSPF75R07_W.jpg

Also, some of you might remember a thread I made a year or two ago about people using the stock logo on their concepts for the Flyers when they use a slanted wing crest. Well, I'm advocating the curved wing logo for this alternate, because if the Flyers wanted to go really retro, they would use it on these, just like in the above picture.

Again, to compare: Current logo crest (notice the slanted wings):

51-74555-F.jpg

That's the crest I think they're planning to use for the alternate. I would really like to see them use the original crest in the above picture. But at this point, I'm just nitpicking because it's already a very good jersey. Would love to see it used as the permanent home and use the white 75 uniform as the away. If that won't be done, then I would at least like to see them use it as their home jersey during the playoffs a la Toronto in 04 and Anaheim in 06.

The Hawks are wearing their new alts tonight, which will be black, according to the 3rd jersey schedule.

3rd Jersey Schedule

I'm excited to see these. I wasn't really a fan of the old black jerseys, but didn't mind them. I think that for some reason I may like them on the Edge template better.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They're not visually striking, and they're not better than the red sweaters, so what's the point?

Precisely. I'm hoping the winter classics from this year will become next year's alts. To hell with what they are about to unveil.

Watching them on TV, the jerseys seem so dull. I'd be much happier seeing the Blackhawks wear red 41 times a year, than bringing in the black jerseys.

I wouldn't want them to wear something that is too out there either. I would think that the NHL wouldn't want original six teams deviating too much from their current style either.

But hell, they could wear pink jerseys for all I care as long as they get the W

2IA3b.png

Archived