NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the confirmed flyers jersey. I got a letter in the main as a season ticket holder. Also the sleeves will have orange #'s with black outline and the back will have white #'s with black outline and the last names are black on a white name plate...

FlyersThirdFront.png

Have you seen these pics? They're gonna look great.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

This is the confirmed flyers jersey. I got a letter in the main as a season ticket holder. Also the sleeves will have orange #'s with black outline and the back will have white #'s with black outline and the last names are black on a white name plate...

FlyersThirdFront.png

Have you seen these pics? They're gonna look great.

Flyers in orange = Perfection.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Awesome. Ive been hoping for this for years now. The replicas with the bogus lettering/names look like ass, but these will look awesome on the ice. I may have to pony up for a Mikey Rich authentic.

Lmao!

I had no idea other people called him Mikey Rich, I thought I was the only one, haha!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

These ... hopefully:

BobbyClarke.jpg

No, no, that is too simple. We are talking about the people who took the sock, a household object with at least 20 years of history, and turned it into a new object altogether. If we are lucky the Flyers won't end up with anything worse than another installment of the Spr Sck.

sprsck.png

Image not suitable for all audiences.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

These ... hopefully:

BobbyClarke.jpg

No, no, that is too simple. We are talking about the people who took the sock, a household object with at least 20 years of history, and turned it into a new object altogether. If we are lucky the Flyers won't end up with anything worse than another installment of the Spr Sck.

sprsck.png

Image not suitable for all audiences.

LMFAO! I swear to god if they **** up something as simple as a sock with ONE band of color then that entire company is headed by idiots. With all luck, they'll do to the Flyers what they did to the islanders and run out of white fabric to finish the stipe. :| Dear god no.

I can't wait to pick up one of those pumpkin shirts, though. Yay.

I think the Flyers may have finally brought some redemption back on the uniform front for the first time since 2001. Will be interesting to see how these play out with everyone in Philadelphia, and how much more orange we'll see in the stands.

I'd be shocked if they didn't sell well. I'm planning on picking one up myself, but I've noticed a lot more of the retro M&N and CCM jerseys (in both colors, not just the orange) at games this year than I have in the past. I don't know whether that's in anticipation of the 3rd jersey release, tied into nostalgia for the Spectrum in its final year, or if I'm just being more observant knowing that the 3rd will look similar.

I think the Flyers may have finally brought some redemption back on the uniform front for the first time since 2001. Will be interesting to see how these play out with everyone in Philadelphia, and how much more orange we'll see in the stands.

IMO opinion they should have never got rid of orange.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I think you speak the mind of everyone who is a fan of that team, or at least the mind of everyone from Philly who cares about that team. God knows I've been on a complaining streak since the orange disappeared in 2001. If I had anything to do with it I'd already be planning on scrapping the black before next season.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I'd be shocked if they didn't sell well. I'm planning on picking one up myself, but I've noticed a lot more of the retro M&N and CCM jerseys (in both colors, not just the orange) at games this year than I have in the past. I don't know whether that's in anticipation of the 3rd jersey release, tied into nostalgia for the Spectrum in its final year, or if I'm just being more observant knowing that the 3rd will look similar.

I would doubt that it has anything to do with the 3rd jersey or the Spectrum. My guess is that it's a general nostalgia thing. The Flyers fans are very similar to Steelers fans, in that they have a great appreciation for the players and events that happened in the '70s (and in the Flyers case, the mid '80s too.) I don't know if more people support the black or the orange (though my guess would be orange) but you see more "old" (not throwback, but legit old jerseys) jerseys at Flyers games (usually with obsucre NOBs) than at your average sporting event.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think you speak the mind of everyone who is a fan of that team, or at least the mind of everyone from Philly who cares about that team. God knows I've been on a complaining streak since the orange disappeared in 2001. If I had anything to do with it I'd already be planning on scrapping the black before next season.

I never had a problem when the black was introduced as an alt. In fact it was rather "cool" back in the day, but it should NOT be the primary uniform and since it is it makes me hate it.

I never had a problem when the black was introduced as an alt. In fact it was rather "cool" back in the day, but it should NOT be the primary uniform and since it is it makes me hate it.

When it first came out I thought it was such a great looking alternate, and the Flyers had easily one of the best sets in the league.

But yah like you said once the orange got erased I started to dislike the black jersey more and more until now it has turned into a hating.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived