NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you set the world record for the most posts linking to Icethetics yet?

Well here's more from Icethetics. :P

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/10/wat...ucks-video.html

"7"? 7 what?

Thank you Mister Obvious. I believe we all know how to get to Icethetics now (and for quite some time too!). Heck, I'm surprised you haven't started an Icethetics thread yet. :wacko:

Well here's more from Icethetics. :P

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/10/wat...ucks-video.html

"7"? 7 what?

Thank you Mister Obvious. I believe we all know how to get to Icethetics now (and for quite some time too!). Heck, I'm surprised you haven't started an Icethetics thread yet. :wacko:

No need to be a jerk about it. :rolleyes:

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

Oren Koules (owner) is a producer of Saw 5

I really don't like this concept of teams using their goalies masks to promote other products and especially competing forms of entertainment. I don't want masks to be used as billboards.

I really don't like this concept of teams using their goalies masks to promote other products and especially competing forms of entertainment. I don't want masks to be used as billboards.

Then what do you think about those masks which display musicians, actors and racing themes? While they might not be "sponsored" they still advertise other mediums.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Then what do you think about those masks which display musicians, actors and racing themes? While they might not be "sponsored" they still advertise other mediums.

If its on there because its something the goalie is a fan of or enjoys, I don't mind that, though I do think that most of those masks look pretty awful. Intentionally using it as a promotional material is something I don't agree with either, especially when this is surely coming down from the ownership group. I don't want to see "Aquilini Investment Group" on Luongo's lid anytime soon.

Why does it matter?

It's an observation.

That it is, but I don't get why it bothers you so much. The stuff he's posting has useful info.

Useful information, yes.

Necessary to post every new post from a blog, no; unless they need to post on here for the sake of posting. B)

Why does it matter?

It's an observation.

That it is, but I don't get why it bothers you so much. The stuff he's posting has useful info.

Useful information, yes.

Necessary to post every new post from a blog, no; unless they need to post on here for the sake of posting. B)

I don't get why people are on his back so much? I don't check Icethetics every day I go to this site a lot more, so when something is posted on here citing Icethetics then I'll go check it out. Ignore the nay-sayers and just keep it up.

Well it seems like my friend was wrong, as I suspected. I just read on (dare I say it?) Icethetics that the new Islanders helmet is indeed Royal Blue as most had assumed. I bet you I tell my friend tomorrow and he plays it off with a ?I was just fu**ing with you, man.? I always assumed it would be a throwback-ish Royal Blue based uniform, but some part of me hoped for a twist and something nobody expected.

While they aren't technically 3rd, nhl.com reports that the Wings and Hawks will unveil their Winter Classic Jerseys during their game this Saturday at 8:30PM CT Saturday.

nhl.com article

Wonder if they'd use the 1927-28 (which they also wore in 1992) jersey for the Red Wings and the 1935-36 jersey for the Blackhawks.

Cougars2.gif

BlackHawks3.gif

Id be stoked if that was the case, but I doubt it. Everything Ive heard here has been the Barber Pole for the Hawks and the white red wings with the white sleeves instead of the red, both from the same season. I hope they Wings use that jersey you posted or the one with the old English D. That would be great.

SEAsig.png

Speaking of SJ's upcomming alt, I've heard that the orange and black shield would be the crest, not the full-body shark by itself. I woudn't be surprised if it ends up teal-less. Maybe if the Sharks look like their next door former champions, they will also begin to play like them.

They'll sign some douchebag roid-freak with an oversized head?

No I was referring to the Ducks, not the SF Giants. And when did the Giants ever become champions?? World champions, that is.

:P

dont know if this has been posted yet but the Islanders are going to reveal their 3rd jersey at a press conference on this coming Monday and wear it for the first time on November 1st against Montreal.

Newsday (long islands newspaper) as source

I haven't checked any source yet, but it could be a vintage night for both teams. Maybe you'll see the Islanders wearing their '73 uniform against the Habs, who will be wearing their vintage '71 jersey!!!!! <_<

So for Detroit and Chicago, can we expect the same jerseys as the 75th Anniversary season?

Maybe for Chicago but for Detroit I have read that they are going to be wearing the 1950's Howe era white sweaters. Which had white sleeves instead of Red sleeves that the current white sweater has.

If its on there because its something the goalie is a fan of or enjoys, I don't mind that, though I do think that most of those masks look pretty awful. Intentionally using it as a promotional material is something I don't agree with either, especially when this is surely coming down from the ownership group. I don't want to see "Aquilini Investment Group" on Luongo's lid anytime soon.

They're being auctioned off for charity so who cares

Archived