NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Don Cherry (if anyone cares what he says lol) gave a nod to the Johnny Canuck V logo on the shoulder, saying its a much better logo than (in his words) "the shark thing or whatever that is" they have now.

Which doesn't say much.

How does Johnny Canuck's head on a V shaped platter make a good logo again? I know tastes are different, but that has got to be one of the worst logos currently used in the NHL.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don Cherry (if anyone cares what he says lol) gave a nod to the Johnny Canuck V logo on the shoulder, saying its a much better logo than (in his words) "the shark thing or whatever that is" they have now.

Which doesn't say much.

How does Johnny Canuck's head on a V shaped platter make a good logo again? I know tastes are different, but that has got to be one of the worst logos currently used in the NHL.

Actually, I think I should edit my original post, Don said that the original Johnny Canuck logo was better. Sorry, my mistake.

Wade-sig.png

I just realized that when someone mentionned Johnny Canuck is on the helmet, it's this Johnny Canuck and not the shoulder patch. I've heard that it has some green in it. Just wanted to point that out. So now, it can be known as an official Canucks logo again I suppose.

I just realized that when someone mentionned Johnny Canuck is on the helmet, it's this Johnny Canuck and not the shoulder patch. I've heard that it has some green in it. Just wanted to point that out. So now, it can be known as an official Canucks logo again I suppose.

I've been searching the internet for a good pic of it, but yes indeed it is that logo and his shirt is the Nucks green. Now if only they would switch Johnny with the 'C' logo and maybe some color switching and we would be looking at one of the best jerseys.

I can't wait to see the new black coyotes jersey, should be awesome.

Merry Christmas!!

Wow, those are wicked!

If you're into ugly jerseys, then indeed, these jerseys are "wicked."

Far from ugly, now the blue Penguin jerseys, are ugly.

I bet you'll love what the Sens just leaked tonight. Don't ask where you can find it, it's just a page back in this thread.

I can't wait to see the new black coyotes jersey, should be awesome.

Merry Christmas!!

Wow, those are wicked!

If you're into ugly jerseys, then indeed, these jerseys are "wicked."

Far from ugly, now the blue Penguin jerseys, are ugly.

To each their own, some have good tastes, others seem to like road-kill logos sprawled across a hem stripe-less jersey. Others like a classic vintage look in which a jersey can look modern while have tributes to the past.

Why is Vrbata on that jersey? Unless this is a jersey leak AND a trade leak, he plays for TB.

Used to play for Phoenix brother.

Indeed, but they must've made those jerseys quite a while back. Why not unveil earlier? And I think that template is pretty nice, there are much worse in the NHL.

Not that it's a new third jersey, but Montreal finally broke out the 1945 replicas, which is essentially just a white version of the regular red jersey (with the big blue body stripe), only this time they just used the regular fonts and numbers that they've using on the white jerseys, unlike the more blocky version of it they've used before (colors reversed of course.) It actually looks better than it's ever been. The only thing that may make it better is if they used solid white numbers with a blue and red outline instead of the red numbers, but it works nice as is.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Not that it's a new third jersey, but Montreal finally broke out the 1945 replicas, which is essentially just a white version of the regular red jersey (with the big blue body stripe), only this time they just used the regular fonts and numbers that they've using on the white jerseys, unlike the more blocky version of it they've used before (colors reversed of course.) It actually looks better than it's ever been. The only thing that may make it better is if they used solid white numbers with a blue and red outline instead of the red numbers, but it works nice as is.

Anyone notice that it was a pre-edge jersey?

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/83706833....F198085993A39DE

Notice the lack of NHL shield at the collar and the bagginess compared to the Flyers edge uniforms.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/83707504....F198085993A39DE

Props to icethetics for noticing this.

Yep, rounded collar, and the NHL shield was actually on the rear right hem, like the good ol' days.

So no wonder the Habs lost. Clearly, their players were being forced to skate 9% slower. :rolleyes:

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived