NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not NHL, but also not really big enough to justify a separate thread, this Friday the WHL Vancouver Giants are going to wear the 1915 Vancouver Millionaires' jersersys.

Not sure if it will be the reds or whites

vancouver-millionaires-maroon-1915-sweater.jpgvancouver-millionaires-natural-1915-sweater.jpg

Those aren't the exact jerseys they'll wear I'm sure. I doubt they'll be hitting the ice in wool.

considering that the maroons never wore a white jersey, I'd say the maroon one.

Those are The Millionaires. Not the Maroons?

They became the Maroons in 1922. My mistake.

DEATH TO REEBOK

sens.jpg Wow, it says SENS on it... nice logo. :rolleyes:

Now if the Sens start winning some games with those new jerseys, will they be considered lucky and therefore become the jerseys they always wear at home? Normally, I'd say that'd be a worse case scenario, but the way the team is playing right now I would actually embrace these remarkably ugly jerseys.

Sigh... at least they're wearing black again. I just dont understand why it's so frickin' complicated for this organization to embrace the rich hockey tradition in Ottawa. JUST BRING BACK THE =O= LOGO!!! It's not rocket science... or brain surgery... or ummmm... rocket surgery.

Hockey tradition in Ottawa = Important

Roman tradition in Ottawa = Non-existant

Could it be there is some sort of licensing issue where they can show that logo on their shoulders and merchandise but not as the crest of their jersey? I'd be surprised if THEY own that logo, considering it isn't originally theirs. Just an idea I am throwing out there...

Nope, they sell jerseys with that very logo at the Sens store at the Rideau centre. Nice try, though.

Using the "O" could work well as a crest under certain conditions. It would have to be "updated" the same way the Canucks updated their Stick N' Rink. You could add an extra white border around the O, slant it in an angle, touch-up the stripes. From what I'm hearing, anything would be better than that wordmark.

Now if the Sens start winning some games with those new jerseys, will they be considered lucky and therefore become the jerseys they always wear at home? Normally, I'd say that'd be a worse case scenario, but the way the team is playing right now I would actually embrace these remarkably ugly jerseys.

Sigh... at least they're wearing black again. I just dont understand why it's so frickin' complicated for this organization to embrace the rich hockey tradition in Ottawa. JUST BRING BACK THE =O= LOGO!!! It's not rocket science... or brain surgery... or ummmm... rocket surgery.

Could it be there is some sort of licensing issue where they can show that logo on their shoulders and merchandise but not as the crest of their jersey? I'd be surprised if THEY own that logo, considering it isn't originally theirs. Just an idea I am throwing out there...

Nope, they sell jerseys with that very logo at the Sens store at the Rideau centre. Nice try, though.

Using the "O" could work well as a crest under certain conditions. It would have to be "updated" the same way the Canucks updated their Stick N' Rink. You could add an extra white border around the O, slant it in an angle, touch-up the stripes. From what I'm hearing, anything would be better than that wordmark.

I agree 100%.

On a positive note. I am glad that this jersey is not identical to the Penguins' template.

thecatch.jpg

There is a difference between this jersey:

51-86851-P.jpg

With this logo:

p5282025reg.jpg

And this logo:

f6wp57w4ft3w0fqj1hf6.gif

I am willing to assume the NHL owns the rights to both and are thus able to get those jerseys made. They are the 'Ottawa Senators (Silver Seven)' and not the modern day Senators, which is why the Sens don't have any of their own branding with that logo on it.

I did not find anything with the latter logo on a piece of merchandise on the Sens website. The only merchandise I can find with the 'O' logo is what resembles what you see on the jersey. This is why I believe there is something going on where the Sens don't own the 'O' logo and that is why you don't really see it anywhere and like the Flames, had to get permission to have it on their jersey which could be why they never used the profile logo which was probably supposed to appear on the shoulders.

I can tell you I have NEVER seen anything with the shoulder 'O' logo on it appear on a piece of merchandise, only the one you see from the jersey which has a different striping pattern. Something strange is going on, and it would be cool to find out what it is!!

EDIT: This is the ONLY thing on the Sens online store which had the shoulder logo on it:

p3168907reg.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

PVZ5xHoKmzlak3.jpg

To me, it looks like the Blue Jackets got their elbows cut off and the wrists are levitating on their own power. Looks like it is ONLY black and white, but there could be silver/grey somewhere in there.

EDIT: JINX BRASS!!!! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I can tell you I have NEVER seen anything with the shoulder 'O' logo on it appear on a piece of merchandise, only the one you see from the jersey which has a different striping pattern. Something strange is going on, and it would be cool to find out what it is!!

EDIT: This is the ONLY thing on the Sens online store which had the shoulder logo on it:

p3168907reg.jpg

There are countless items at Sensations in Scotiabank Place with that logo, alot of hats and I've seen some sweaters with it.

I don't know why I like the Kings jersey but I really do. Also I think if the Senators got away from the "sens" logo, I would like that jersey alot more.

Hi, how are you?

Archived