Stephen Curry, SO, Davidson

Third Team:

Chris Lofton, SR, Tennessee

Darren Collison, JR, UCLA

Brook Lopez, SO, Stanford

Derek Rose, FR, Memphis

Eric Gordon, FR, Indiana

Honorable Mention:

Joe Alexander, West Virginia; Josh Alexander, Stephen F. Austin; Ryan Anderson, California; Darrell Arthur, Kansas; Jerryd Bayless, Arizona; Marqus Blakely, Vermont; Jon Brockman, Washington; Chase Budinger, Arizona; Jaycee Carroll, Utah State; Mario Chalmers, Kansas; Lee Cummard, BYU; Scott Cutley, Cal State-Fullerton; Louis Dale, Cornell; Jeremiah Dominguez, Portland State; Wayne Ellington, North Carolina; Adam Emmenecker, Drake; Al Fisher, Kent State; Gary Forbes, Massachusetts; J.R. Giddens, New Mexico; Jamont Gordon, Mississippi State; Mike Green, Butler; James Harden, Arizona State; Alex Harris, UC Santa Barbara; Andrew Hayles, Alabama State; Richard Hendrix, Alabama; George Hill, IUPUI; Lester Hudson, Tennessee-Martin; Ty Lawson, North Carolina; Courtney Lee, Western Kentucky; Tony Lee, Robert Morris; Eric Maynor, Virginia Commonwealth; O.J. Mayo, Southern California; Drew Neitzel, Michigan State; DeMarcus Nelson, Duke; David Padgett, Louisville; Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga; A.J. Price, Connecticut; Arizona Reid, High Point; Tyrese Rice, Boston College; Brandon Rush, Kansas: Thomas Sanders, Gardner-Webb; Sean Singletary, Virginia; Jamar Smith, Morgan State; Tyler Smith, Tennessee; Greg Sprink, Navy; Jason Thompson, Rider; Sam Young, Pittsburgh.

For the first time in the 60 year history of the AP All-America Team, no senior was selected to the first team. I can't say I'm surprised considering the top choices were a soft Roy Hibbert, the relatively unknown Shan(e) Foster, an overrated and exposed Chris Lofton, and DJ White, a guy that quit on his team--albeit briefly, but when Indiana basketball really needed leadership from the players' ranks.

Also, does there really need to be fiftyleven players receiving honorable mention?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far both Lopez brothers have said they will enter the draft and Stephen Curry said that he will be returning to Davidson next year.

I think that is the best move for Curry. It is probably the right move for Brooke to enter the draft, but I think that Robin should have stayed for sure. If they both wanted to do the same thing they should have stayed in school IMO.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This may be the first year since 1980 that both teams from the national championship didn't make the NCAA Tournament, but they still made the NIT. Now Ohio State will be playing Florida for the NIT Championship. Ohio State can finally avenge their losses to Florida (if anyone holds the NIT title higher than the BCS and NCAA Tournament title).

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This may be the first year since 1980 that both teams from the national championship didn't make the NCAA Tournament, but they still made the NIT. Now Ohio State will be playing Florida for the NIT Championship. Ohio State can finally avenge their losses to Florida (if anyone holds the NIT title higher than the BCS and NCAA Tournament title).

They have to play the semis first....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really, I had ESPN on while I was doing my homework and they made it sound like the were already in the championship. I am sorry for that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Really, I had ESPN on while I was doing my homework and they made it sound like the were already in the championship. I am sorry for that.

Oh, its alright...that is the matchup we all know ESPN desires. Which means it'll be Massachusetts-Mississippi in the finals. :P

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So much for that Florida-Ohio State matchup as UMass knocks off the Gators. This proves that they can last longer then one minute. (:P)

2008 Associate Press All-America selections:

First Team:

Michael Beasley, FR, Kansas State

Tyler Hansbrough, JR, North Carolina

D.J. Augustin, SO, Texas

Kevin Love, FR, UCLA

Chris Douglas-Roberts, JR, Memphis

Second Team:

Luke Harangody, SO, Notre Dame

Roy Hibbert, SR, Georgetown

Shan Foster, SR, Vanderbilt

D.J. White, SR, Indiana

Third Team:

Derek Rose, FR, Memphis

Eric Gordon, FR, Indiana

Honorable Mention:

Joe Alexander, West Virginia; Josh Alexander, Stephen F. Austin; Ryan Anderson, California; Darrell Arthur, Kansas; Jerryd Bayless, Arizona; Marqus Blakely, Vermont; Jon Brockman, Washington; Chase Budinger, Arizona; Jaycee Carroll, Utah State; Mario Chalmers, Kansas; Lee Cummard, BYU; Scott Cutley, Cal State-Fullerton; Louis Dale, Cornell; Jeremiah Dominguez, Portland State; Wayne Ellington, North Carolina; Adam Emmenecker, Drake; Al Fisher, Kent State; Gary Forbes, Massachusetts; J.R. Giddens, New Mexico; Jamont Gordon, Mississippi State; Mike Green, Butler; James Harden, Arizona State; Alex Harris, UC Santa Barbara; Andrew Hayles, Alabama State; Richard Hendrix, Alabama; George Hill, IUPUI; Lester Hudson, Tennessee-Martin; Ty Lawson, North Carolina; Courtney Lee, Western Kentucky; Tony Lee, Robert Morris; Eric Maynor, Virginia Commonwealth; O.J. Mayo, Southern California; Drew Neitzel, Michigan State; DeMarcus Nelson, Duke; David Padgett, Louisville; Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga; A.J. Price, Connecticut; Arizona Reid, High Point; Tyrese Rice, Boston College; Brandon Rush, Kansas: Thomas Sanders, Gardner-Webb; Sean Singletary, Virginia; Jamar Smith, Morgan State; Tyler Smith, Tennessee; Greg Sprink, Navy; Jason Thompson, Rider; Sam Young, Pittsburgh.

For the first time in the 60 year history of the AP All-America Team, no senior was selected to the first team. I can't say I'm surprised considering the top choices were a soft Roy Hibbert, the relatively unknown Shan(e) Foster, an overrated and exposed Chris Lofton, and DJ White, a guy that quit on his team--albeit briefly, but when Indiana basketball really needed leadership from the players' ranks.

Also, does there really need to be fiftyleven players receiving honorable mention?

I'm quite surprised that the top two scorers in division 1 weren't even on the honorable mention list: Charron Fisher of Niagara and Reggie Williams of VMI.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

So much for that Florida-Ohio State matchup as UMass knocks off the Gators. This proves that they can last longer then one minute. (:P)

Let's hope the Travis Ford power can continue. Go Minutemen.

2008 Associate Press All-America selections:

First Team:

Michael Beasley, FR, Kansas State

Tyler Hansbrough, JR, North Carolina

D.J. Augustin, SO, Texas

Kevin Love, FR, UCLA

Chris Douglas-Roberts, JR, Memphis

Second Team:

Luke Harangody, SO, Notre Dame

Roy Hibbert, SR, Georgetown

Shan Foster, SR, Vanderbilt

D.J. White, SR, Indiana

Third Team:

Derek Rose, FR, Memphis

Eric Gordon, FR, Indiana

Honorable Mention:

I think it more shocking that there was a senior picked for the first team in between 1990-1997, when there was "Big Dog" Robinson, Webber, Jim Jackson, Rose, the Arkansas stars, Larry Johnson, Lethal Weapon 3, and all those collegiate stars who sent to the NBA for the initial big contract. In retrospect, there was Calbert Chaney, the UNC players who stayed for four years, along with some other ACC stars like Travis Best, but were they the five best collegiate players?

I think it more shocking that there was a senior picked for the first team in between 1990-1997, when there was "Big Dog" Robinson, Webber, Jim Jackson, Rose, the Arkansas stars, Larry Johnson, Lethal Weapon 3, and all those collegiate stars who sent to the NBA for the initial big contract. In retrospect, there was Calbert Chaney, the UNC players who stayed for four years, along with some other ACC stars like Travis Best, but were they the five best collegiate players?

Huh? :blink:

If you're trying to compare the collegiate players of today with the guys who played 10 to 20 years ago, you can't. If you're asking if Beasley, Hansbrough, Love, Douglas-Roberts, and Augustin are the five best players in the country, arguably they are.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'm not sure how the road to the Naismith Award works, but DJ Augustine was just named the recipient of the Bob Cousy Award (like the Naismith Award but exclusively for point guards). And I lied; it happened yesterday, not just now.

Still, anyone taking odds on Player of the Year?

I'm not sure how the road to the Naismith Award works, but DJ Augustine was just named the recipient of the Bob Cousy Award (like the Naismith Award but exclusively for point guards). And I lied; it happened yesterday, not just now.

Still, anyone taking odds on Player of the Year?

Too late to bet.

Hansbrough is AP Player of the Year

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

It's probably "I said, they said," but CBI organizers say they had trouble getting teams thanks to a cease and desist letter from the NCAA NIT the day before Selection Sunday.

To quote...teams were being told not to participate. That might explain Cincinnati's presence in the tournament.

Oh...and congrats to Tulsa on the title. Hopefully Bradley can build on this as well. (70-64 Final)

Today, we are all otaku.

So anyway Will...Memphis just beat UCLA by 15. Are they still overrated?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived