NCAA Basketball

Billy B

All in all, good tournament so far despite the lack of upsets.

It hasn't been all that good so far. Only 6 of the 16 have been competitive towards the end of the game....

Well my criteria are as follows:

1.) My bracket isn't completely screwed after Day One

2.) Marquette won

3.) I got to eat wings and watch multiple games at once, which I can't do at home

And given the regional affiliations with a nation-wide tournament (as opposed to one "America's Favorite" team), I'm sure most people would agree with #2 based on the success of their own team.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Winthrop forgot that there are two halves in a game. Their guys need to enroll in Harrick Jr's "Principles and Strategies in Basketball 101"....

Unfortunately, there are two halves...how a game goes from a 29-29 tie at the half to a 71-40 blowout is completely beyond me. Wazzu shot lights out, and we could not buy a basket.

wu-wsu.jpg

After last year, we were obviously looking for another upset, and it just doesn't happen every time.

There's always next year...Winthrop gearing up for back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Big South conference championships and 5 straight tourney berths!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

well, the first actual upset of the tournament is Davidson over Gonzaga... Curry was explosive in the second half....

...they flashed the camera to Adam Morrison for a second...he looks like Jusus...

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

well, the first actual upset of the tournament is Davidson over Gonzaga... Curry was explosive in the second half....

...they flashed the camera to Adam Morrison for a second...he looks like Jusus...

And another huge upset. #12 WKY beat #5 Drake with a last second three in OT. Once again the #5 is upset.

saBS.png

And another huge upset. #12 WKY beat #5 Drake with a last second three in OT. Once again the #5 is upset.

Stupid committee. And stupid Drake for not playing defense.

Also, stupid Bruce Pearl.... <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Another one....#13 San Diego just upset #4 UCONN in OT, 70-69 on a last second shot. Tampa is getting a show.

saBS.png

Another one....#13 San Diego just upset #4 UCONN in OT, 70-69 on a last second shot. Tampa is getting a show.

And then Siena is taking it to Vanderbilt. This really bodes well for Villanova...

LvZYtbZ.png

Yeah, that Vanderbilt to the Final Four bracket I completed is complete rubbish now ...

Vince Gill just had to truck it from DC to Tampa to see Belmont lose a nail-biter then watch Siena take it to the Commodores, didn't he? What kind of action could you have gotten to say that Belmont would lose by less than Vandy?

So it turns out that Vandy was beyond ordinary outside of the friendly confines of Memorial Gym ...

Bitterness ensues. Hope the rest of you have your rooting interests intact. Could've been worse. Could've been Coppin State (play in game loser) or Temple (first loser of the first round).

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I called Davidson over Gonzaga, even though my friends thought I was crazy. :)

I also had that one. My other upset (St. Mary's over Miami) didn't pan out so well, however...

Also, I'd like to thank San Diego, because after WKU screwed up my bracket on one of the greatest shots in recent memory, San Diego was able to screw with everyone else's brackets. My brother had Connecticut in the Final Four.

I called Davidson over Gonzaga, even though my friends thought I was crazy. :)

I also had that one. My other upset (St. Mary's over Miami) didn't pan out so well, however...

Also, I'd like to thank San Diego, because after WKU screwed up my bracket on one of the greatest shots in recent memory, San Diego was able to screw with everyone else's brackets. My brother had Connecticut in the Final Four.

I didn't have UConn going that far, but WKU & Miami messed up my brackets a little as well.

Oh well. As long as Mississippi State keeps winning, I'm cool. :D

Archived