NCAA Basketball

Billy B

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, the first actual upset of the tournament is Davidson over Gonzaga... Curry was explosive in the second half....

...they flashed the camera to Adam Morrison for a second...he looks like Jusus...

And another huge upset. #12 WKY beat #5 Drake with a last second three in OT. Once again the #5 is upset.

Another one....#13 San Diego just upset #4 UCONN in OT, 70-69 on a last second shot. Tampa is getting a show.

This is what happens when you show up and expect your opponent to lose just because they see the name on your jerseys. Honestly...why is it so hard for UCONN teams to get motivated in the flippin' NCAA Tournament?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And #12 Villanova just wrapped up a win over #5 Clemson.

The two Tampa games on Sunday.....

#12 Villanova vs. #13 Siena

and

#12 Western Kentuky vs. #13 San Diego

4 games, 4 upsets

Tampa/St. Pete's never going to host another Tourney game after this season. :P

So....will we have two #13s in the Sweet 16? Wouldn't that be something....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And #12 Villanova just wrapped up a win over #5 Clemson.

The two Tampa games on Sunday.....

#12 Villanova vs. #13 Siena

and

#12 Western Kentuky vs. #13 San Diego

4 games, 4 upsets

You know, if you look at only the top half of my bracket, it's not that bad...

Clemson was my money team, and now they're gone. It's crazy days like this, though, that I really like while watching. Except when you have money on it, it's too tense to even watch.

This is what happens when you show up and expect your opponent to lose just because they see the name on your jerseys. Honestly...why is it so hard for UCONN men's teams to get motivated in the flippin' NCAA Tournament?

Fixed it for you. :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

For next season, the NCAA is still looking at additional revenue, but even looking at the photos they use, the seat pitch for 2009 is too slight for such a lower level. It is what I saw at Fed Ex Field. Seats are not angled enough to the field/court. they say this in is the name of giving students better access with out them having official tickets. Read the story to look at their policy. Of course if yo're in teh upper deck, you can see a stadium screen to see the game?!?

NCAA Adjust seating for Final Fours

The host facility for the 2009 Final Four, Ford Field in Detroit, will be the first site to use the configuration. A similar model was used there in 2003 for a regular-season game between the University of Kentucky and Michigan State University that attracted an NCAA-record attendance of 78,129. NCAA and CBS Sports representatives attended the game to evaluate logistics and obtain fan reaction. Fans even in the farthest reaches were pleased with their ability to view the game either on the court or on giant flat-screen televisions placed strategically in the upper confines.

And Pitt is eliminated the same way they have been for the past 8 or so years...choking in a game they shouldve won by creating too many turnovers and not making shots, high percentage or low percentage.

oBIgzrL.png

Anyone else have Marquette in the Elite Eight? I called the WVU/Duke upset, but blew it on that game. Yikes. Every year I overvalue the Big East, and every year it kills me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, riding Pitt to the Final Four this year was the same as riding Louisville to the Final Four last year.

At least I got Duke losing. I also predicted Marquette would lose, which is a bittersweet feeling. I got the bracket prediction correct, but my bracket is so screwed up anyway, I would have rather satisfied my fan reaction.

And Pitt is eliminated the same way they have been for the past 8 or so years...choking in a game they shouldve won by creating too many turnovers and not making shots, high percentage or low percentage.

Pitt would have been better off losing in the first round of the Big East Tourney and getting WVU's 7 seed draw or Villanova's 12 seed draw.

Also Pitt's short bench and fatigue killed them last night and why in the hell didn't Jamie Dixon sit most of the starters in the second half against Oral Roberts there was no way that team was coming back.

That explosion you just heard is the sound of bursting brackets. Davidson just knocked off Georgetown. (Edit: Ok, Drew and I were posting this at the same time, it seems.)

Butler almost pulled off the upset over Tennessee, too, but came up just short in OT.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My Bracket = ruined.

My $10 = wasted.

Now that my betting interests are gone...GO! STATE! GO STATE!

Yeah me too, but I cant complain too much I won $300 last year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived